Re: New TDM layouts

by pendlenutz85

Original Post

New TDM layouts

★ Apprentice

New to layouts are awful. The changed maps are now a quarter of the original size. The patch notes said changes were made as combat was too out in the open and the maps clearly contradict that statement. Fjell is the perfect example. Look at the image, almost all flank routes are gone, multiple pockets to be trapped in from gunfire and the map is so small that you can stand in one spot and see the whole map and all the players providing they aren’t hidden behind cover. I played for 5mins and can already say that all 32 players group in one spot the whole time with now greater explosive slam because of it. And as you spawn you are shot at straight away because you are instantly seen. It’s a giant spawn trap for the better team. 

Devastation on no longer has the church as it’s focal point so what’s the point in devastation map anymore I say. Narvik isn’t as bad but still half’s the map size removing the bridge as well as the waterfront. The removes three things. Long range sniping, height (bridge) and also height difference across the map as the waterfront is down the hill from where the current layout is based. And finally, aerodrom uses just the one hangar and open area around it.  The map is 32 players crammed in two long corridors and and open map. What were they thinking.

I now refuse to play tdm till it changes back. And as for the update, my game menu crashed a minute after loading up with the menu completely disappearing. I love the game but 6months and counting is too much.

Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

Re: New TDM layouts

★★★ Newbie

This new update is by far one of the worst they've come out with and some have been pretty bad.  

Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)