Message 11 of 21 (588 Views)

Re: New Stairs don't work

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CLMerz1948 Yes, it's CLMerz48
Message 12 of 21 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CLMerz1948 Hmmm... that may be part of the issue. In my settings no custom content gallery items are visible. Does your build contain anything, even one small item, that is custom content? Custom content can also cause unexpected issues sometimes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 13 of 21 (578 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not that I'm aware of. Didn't use any cheats or mods to build it. Didn't have any of my mods in when I built it. Just checked it in the gallery, didn't show that it had any.

Message 14 of 21 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have built several houses with no mods, if that's any help.

Message 15 of 21 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm just nuts. My gallery name is under CLMerz1948. Sorry if I messed you up.

Message 16 of 21 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CLMerz1948 Standard smileOh... you said CLMerz48. It comes up when I search user CLMerz1948. I think the reason I didn't find it is it does not come up when I search user " CLMerz48 " (since that was wrong, obviously) or when I search " Island Vacation Home " because it turns out that there is a period in the title, so if I search " Island Vacation Home. " it does come up. :eahigh_file: No problem now! Standard smileOkay... I will try it also in my game and let you know what I see. 

Also, did you end up trying that method of repair that I posted?

Message 17 of 21 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CLMerz1948 I have placed your home (which is lovely) and I replaced your staircases with the less expensive of the Island Living staircases (not lava). My test sim went up and down both staircases normally with no jittery or teleporting actions. Can I ask for a screenshot of your graphics settings?

Message 18 of 21 (547 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just went back in and did your suggestions, new mod folder, repaired game. Then went back into game, reloaded vacation house from the gallery, put mastercraft stairs, they did the same thing. As for a screen shot, I don't have a clue how to do that. Here's what my graphic settings are at, 1600/900, sims, med/ objects/med light/med Reflection/med Visuale effects/med Edge is off, 3D is high, distance is high, post prosessing is checked. Sorry about that period, I had no idea it was that picky.

Message 19 of 21 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The new stair issue is fixed I guess. Tore down my original house, built a block house on  the pole foundation, same lot, added island stairs, all three kinds.  Didn't have any problem with the sims going up and down. Guess it was just a glitch in game. Did regenerate a new mod and resource folder, and also did a repair. Had done that before, but guess it worked this time. Any way, it works fine now.

Message 20 of 21 (510 Views)