New GW2 content incoming?

by bobburgers6

Original Post

New GW2 content incoming?

★★★ Guide

https://twitter.com/damascus111/status/1005486801996222469

Post from Gary Clay while at EA Play.  Wonder if this has anything to do with the tweets that justin has been doing.

Message 1 of 26 (11,300 Views)

Re: New GW2 content incoming?

★★★★ Apprentice
Let’s not be naive. I willing to bet it will be more drawn out, time gated *. Little odd that now that some people finally have all the cool items is when more content comes out.
Message 2 of 26 (11,229 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Cp items not cool items
Message 3 of 26 (11,225 Views)

★★★ Guide
I am suspecting moreover community events, bug fixes, character patches, etc. Justin had done a good amount of polls during the month of may/beginning of june and shared them with the current dev team so conflicted on what will be up to their discretion.
Message 4 of 26 (11,220 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Since Wiebe showed interest in bugs on Twitter i would assume they at least review the heap of bugs and issues the game has. Maybe EA finally realized that this is indeed a unique franchise with potential and they finally gave green light to some more funding.

We really need more maps. But the important part is bug fixes. New customization items wont help anything.

Message 5 of 26 (11,208 Views)

★★★ Guide

Honestly, I think this could be the best thing they could have done.

I personally am not willing to start a new game knowing I am committing 1-2 years and over 1000 hours to play. GW1 required just over 10M coins and 150 hrs to complete. (closer to 400 hrs if you use 0 skip stars) So, when entering GW2 it was a safe purchase. However, GW2 took things to an extreme. 750 hrs to reach max rank, 86 weeks to get all CP items (more for RUX). Yet all of that is minor compared to the 80-100M coins needed to purchase everything. 30M for RUX, 40-50M for basic packs, 8M for Infinity Time and more for holiday purchases. This adds another 200-300 hrs of game play to acquire the coins for all of this. With this in mind, GW3 would be expected to be bigger and better, demanding even more time investment to finish.

Back to GW2 updates. Since I have most of GW2 done adding more content to keep me playing is a fair trade. A bit more content for me to add 100 or so hours to my current 1000+ total is not asking much. Even a second concurrent time gate is reasonable. (Since we are stuck with the 2 as it is, a third gate isn't a big deal. So long as it doesn't extend far beyond the current ones, starting the cycle over.)

So, what would I want in an update?

• 1+ new boss events. Sure the 4 we have are fun but, a new challenge would be fun to play. I say 1+ because it is more likely each team will get one new boss. This is a bonus since that means there will be 6, making each appear twice per year. (5 would make things weird.)
  • 1 new TT map. Right now it seems Wallnut Hills may be getting a tune up for GW2. My only hope is they don't turn it into the dark and gloomy. A stronghold the zombies haven't gotten to would be nice for once.
  • 2 new other mode maps. Again, two from GW1 would be a welcome addition. Some may argue GW1 content is a waste. I disagree, just having new classes in old maps makes things very different. I also think GW2 needs some sun, which GW1 maps have covered. If I had to pick Suburbia and Sharkbite Shores seem like good picks. Port Scalleywag would also be a good option, especially since there is now a pirate class.
  • Bring back Taco Bandits! I want those tacos. It is also one of the more fun modes GW has had. The tricky party is making it fair for both teams. Perhaps a reskin with brains for the plants to attack would work?
  • Do us a favor and just make Cats v. Dinos a mode. From all my observations, a majority of people hate it as a CP. Yet, with achievements requiring it, people still want it rolling around more than it should. Make it a playable mode and let it populate itself. If nobody plays it is because they don't like it. (More reason to keep it out of CP.) If they do play, then they can enjoy it all the time.
  • Bring back the Unicorn Chomper offer. Not a new method. It has been 2 full years and there is no mention of GW3. It seems GW2 will be going for awhile. There are tons of players that weren't around for the initial offer. It simply isn't fair. I fully understand people wanting to keep the UC exclusive to 313, they worked hard for that. (maybe) But, to punish people who simply weren't around back then is just unfair. More so now that GW2's life is getting an extension. Run it again for a limited time, just offer it.

As long as they don't double down on the gnomes or create a new unfitting theme, they should be OK to do mostly anything. Of course, another long time gate would be unwelcome, though a short one would likely not be an issue.

Message 6 of 26 (11,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think there is more then enough content to keep busy
Message 7 of 26 (11,097 Views)

★ Guide
I wonder if any GW1 maps will be added as new content, it would be amazing to play on the old maps with the new classes. They'd probably have to make some changes to accommodate the new classes, or just make those maps exclusive to the GW1 characters.
Message 8 of 26 (11,062 Views)

★ Guide
Mae by a Battle Royale mode?
Message 9 of 26 (10,955 Views)

Champion (Retired)
GW1 maps were the best!

Capture the flag, please!
Message 10 of 26 (10,941 Views)