New EA star war feature

by XxflasshxX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New EA star war feature

★★★ Novice

Why doesnt EA include a feature where players can see the amount of players online as well as the amount of players playing on certain gamemode so players can see the amount of players on each game modes before even going inside and realize there isnt enough players to start a game.

Message 1 of 8 (2,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New EA star war feature

★★ Pro

Probably because then people would be able to see that thousands of people ARE online trying to get a game, and in turn they would then flock to the forums to complain about the server issues.

The scope of the problem would then become common knowledge, they don't want that so can't see it happening i'm afraid!

Nice idea though.

Raised eyebrow

Sad but true.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,208 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Probably because then people would be able to see that thousands of people ARE online trying to get a game, and in turn they would then flock to the forums to complain about the server issues.

The scope of the problem would then become common knowledge, they don't want that so can't see it happening i'm afraid!

Nice idea though.

Raised eyebrow

Sad but true.

Message 2 of 8 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Novice
Would they rather have a harder time solving game issue or would they rather have more people play their game? the answer should be obvious and they should know what to do. Ive played for like 4 month and ive never been able to play anything other than galactic assault because no one is in any other game mode.
Message 3 of 8 (1,999 Views)

★★ Pro

@XxflasshxX

"no one is in any other game mode"

Don't agree with that statement I have to say...

While admittedly there is a struggle to get into other game modes (totally due to the ping site and server issues), there are certainly other players in them!

And GA isn't always easy to get into either.

Game mode availability (while probably completely random) seems to me to depend on the day and time of day you try to get into lobbies, what timed challenges are currently running at that time, and how patient you are when it comes to selecting a mode then cancelling matchmaking then selecting the same mode again (over and over and over until you get a success... this can take a while at times). 

Have found matches eventually in all game modes, although SA and Ewok Hunt do seem to take much longer than others!?

There is also a much higher success rate in a morning just before and after the daily crate drops, all day on a Sunday, and generally in the evenings (after 9pm GMT on the Ireland ping site anyway).

Still though, my advice... you manage to get in a lobby, stay in it! lol

Raised eyebrow

Message 4 of 8 (1,985 Views)

★★ Pro

@SnowmanHD wrote: you manage to get in a lobby, stay in it! lol

I'd love to, but then other bugs convince me I'm enraged enough I have to quit. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

TBH I personally feel like ping issue isnt really a huge problem meanwhile not having enough player on is a bigger problem ( to me personally )

Will EA ever look at our posts? I hope they do Frown I really want EA to include the feature.

Message 6 of 8 (1,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SnowmanHD-  Hi

I agree with your statement about staying in the lobby. I was able to get into a game of SA for the first time in weeks last Friday filling the last place in the lobby. Played for a while then got a lost connection with server and was sent back to the home screen, Could not get back into SA. The smaller lobby games are the hardest to get into and not because there are no players but all the lobbies are full. I have not had a problem getting into GA at anytime I play (Usually between 1:30 pm to 4:30pm and 7:30pm to midnight all Aust Eastern standard time) & now always use the US Oregon ping site. Of the small game modes, HvsV is the easiest to get into due to players dropping in and out all the time. Most of the time after completing a game you have to wait for the lobby to refill. I guess players are using this game to achieve hero milestone or daily challenges and leave once they get their objective. Don't normally play Ewok Hunt ( at my age it is difficult enough to see a target normally - using a torch does nothing for me ) so I can't comment on that one.

Whilst I am here, has anyone heard when the Clone Wars update is coming?

@XxflasshxX- great idea - I have asked that question before. Didn't get a reply. SWBF1 always showed the lobby as soon as the search found a vacancy thus allowing you the choice of waiting for more players to join or trying again. Pity they didn't continue with it in SWBFII.

@SnowmanHD - sorry should have converted AEST to GMT times  3:30am to 6:30am and 9:30am to 2:00 pm. 

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★ Pro

@XxflasshxX the ping site issue seems to be connected to error 1066 and the empty lobbies. People are definitely trying to play the game just a lot of us unsuccessfully. Im yet to see one person confirm they can get a populated game on their preferred ping site.

Message 8 of 8 (1,884 Views)