New BF1 Features & Ideas Request!

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

New BF1 Features & Ideas Request!

[ Edited ]
Champion

I've been itching to see these introduced to BF1. Can we get this request passed along to DICE / EA? A couple of these I've asked for in the past but some are new, and they're consolidated here.

+ Air Superiority

+ Behemoth vs Behemoth

Melee Weapons

+ Push dagger

+ Louisville Slugger bat

+ Spiked brass knuckles

Ability

+ Call in a squad of hardcore AI reinforcements - new elite's, new tank's, or new plane's ability (paratroopers)

Minor/Other Requests

+ Massive (numbers of) cavalry charge map, either against enemy cavalry or MG emplacements

+ Donkey skin (or a medic unit referring to an actual WWI reference)

+ Bicycle

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

Re: New BF1 Features & Ideas Request!

★★★ Guide

Good ideas, though ultimately this is more of a help forum than one for suggestions. I'd suggest taking these ideas to the forums / the Battlefield_Live subreddit where DICE look for feedback (found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/)

That said, air superiority has been a highly requested addition and fits well with the game's era, with the praise Starfighter in Battlefront 2 receives it's possible DICE might include it further down the line possibly with apocalypse. As for Behemoth vs. Behemoth the upcoming map, Heligoland Bight already features dreadnought vs. dreadnought gameplay, which sets a possible precedent for future maps especially in apocalypse for having behemoth vs. behemoth action integrated into the maps.

Message 2 of 4 (644 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SterlingARCH3R the Behemoth vs Behemoth will be there soon! On the Heligoland Bight map, expected this month, 2 Dreadnoughts (1 per team) will spawn early on in the game, and the regular behemoth spawning mechanism is also still in place. Meaning if one team loses their 1st dreadnought and are falling behind in score, a second dreadnought will spawn for them. 

On one of your other suggestions; I'm not a huge fan of adding more melee weapons to the game. I did a quick count and came to already 36 melee weapons currently being available in the game (and that's excluding some variants that were part of the Deluxe edition). 36 ways to either stab or club someone is more than enough for me. I'd rather see content add on primary weapons, vehicles or maps.

Additionally, there still is an issue with the melee weapon stats on the official companion, mine only shows 9 of the 36 weapons, maybe there is a correlation to the total number of melee options?

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 4 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Hi @SterlingARCH3R quite some info became available on the last DLC Apocalypse. See forum topic by @EA_Joker, the The official Battlefield 1 site, and also some  CTE footage of 3 of the 5 new maps  on YouTube. 

On your first suggestion Air Superiority, it looks like this will be fulfilled (although called slightly different, the essence seems the same)

2018-01-19_10h19_27.png

2018-01-19_10h52_04.png

There's also info on another of your topics 3 new melee weapons:

• Prybar
  • Meatcleaver
  • Broken bottle

First 2 are mentioned in the official info on the Battlefield 1 site

2018-01-19_10h22_57.png

The broken bottle is featured in this video:

Message 4 of 4 (590 Views)