Need for Speed: Payback- Online Freeroam

by SickTrax

Original Post

Need for Speed: Payback- Online Freeroam

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here are two very nice Texts, that speak out of my Soul....
All we want is the Online Freeroam Feature...
Listen to the Feedback! Thanks! @EA_David

I'd like to inform you that removing online free roam is detrimental to the game's life span, if you don't come out and officially address this problem many fans will leave the game, and for those who already bought it they'll eventually leave and play your competitor's games where they manage to provide what's missing in Payback.

You claim to listen to fans (doesn't seem like it considering how customization in NFS actually regressed overtime, just look at UG2 onward, and you'll see how customization kept devolving yet you still stand by the "authentic & real" body parts and such, when you know for a fact that we just want variety in everything instead of the opposite. Again look at UG2, you might learn a thing or two) but that's besides the main point I'm trying to address. We've been rightfully complaining about Payback's lack of online free roam mode for a fair while now, and the fact that this issue came up before the game is even officially released will undoubtedly affect the game's sales, and no matter how high your numbers go up. just know that those numbers won't be as high as they could potentially be thanks to the brilliant decision of excluding what is known to be a staple in the open world racing game genre by now.

Also what the hell is up with no cops in free roam, what's the point of having a cop system in the first place? Want tips on how to fix them? Easy! Take a look at 2005's NFS Most Wanted and you should learn something... New? I guess? It truly is sad that I'm referencing two NFS games that are well over 13 years old to improve the latest NFS game. NFS has definitely evolved in certain aspects, but in return severely regressed in others. Do yourselves a favor and hire some loyal NFS fans who are interested in a Game Design career to help you fix your games the right way.

You've taken a year off without a NFS game to eventually deliver a complete game, not a game which gives fans the right to complain about it before it's even officially released, and rightfully so on the fans' side. You need to address this issue to the public regarding whether you intend to include an online free roam mode or not (because clearly you deliberately kept that piece of info away from fans during your big marketing campaign); before the official release date, because that's what makes sense from a business perspective AND as an answer to loyal fans who don't deserve such a slap to the face. SAVE your GAME. DON'T LET IT DIE.

Sincerely yours
A fan who grew up playing this franchise. (Text is from @DaiZ-RB141)

I am posting this as both a request to Ghost Games, and a warning to the potential buyers of NFS Payback.

Multiplayer free roam is a core element of what made NFS 2015 fun, and what people enjoyed most. Being able to meet new people, race and check out eachothers extensively customized rides at car meets that would randomly occur, is what it was all about.

The fact that this feature is apparently not in NFS Payback, has tainted the game, and people are refunding and leaving in droves. No one in their right mind asked or even thought the removal of such a core element of the game would be neglected or removed altogether. Especially considering Payback is built on the same engine as NFS 2015, it actually took more effort to remove the feature, than it would to just have kept it in.

So I say to you, Ghost games; make an official announcement, confirming the existence of Multiplayer Free Roam in NFS Payback, or announcing that it will be in a patch on or very shortly after the release. Anything less than this, me and everyone I've convinced to finally get into NFS, are going to be refunding our copies and never looking back.

And to potential customers, please refrain from purchasing the game until this issue is resolved. To those, like myself who had high hopes and preordered, hold Ghost games accountable for their actions and make your voices heard with your wallet. Unless this is resolved, refund and boycott Payback. The only way a company will listen, is when the money stops rolling in.

I say this with the respect that the developer deserves. The rest of the game seems nice and like alot of effort has gone into it. It would be a shame to see it be dead on arrival due to poor decisions made by a few. (Text is from @SpecSnipe-_-Enig)

Message 1 of 14 (20,511 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Payback- Online Freeroam

★★★★ Apprentice
I agree with this all the way. But with the trend of NFS games I'm almost certain we will see a different development studio working on a future title some time soon since most of criterion merged with ghost. But NFS might be coming to an end here on the years to come as we haven't gotten a true NFS in years they need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and go back to what they did right in the past. This game can survive but there is a lot of work ahead for the development team to do so and hopefully EA will help them bring this game to where it should be but again outlook does not look good in my eyes with SWBF2 coming out after the games release which is seemingly set to be EAs cash cow for the year with micro transactions. But that's all a matter of opinion, everyone likes something different.
Message 2 of 14 (20,452 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, it is clear that the Community/Forum Managers from EA are not responding on the Posts that are relatet to this topic.... 

This makes me sad. Why dont you give us some Information/feedback? It would be very much needed and we ALL would be very thankfull!

Why are you "ignoring" these posts? @EA_David @EA_Barry (This goes out to all, but you are the only EA-Managers that i have recognized in this Forum)

Thanks

Sicktrax

Message 3 of 14 (20,439 Views)

★ Apprentice
They are most likely to officially comment on the ONLINE FREE ROAMING after the game's launch.
Message 4 of 14 (20,428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@iqubi I very much hope so...Zipped lips

Message 5 of 14 (20,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys easy... just don't buy it unless there is free roam on multiply. They will be realised this when the sales is not going as well.... let all money throw to xbox Forza

Message 6 of 14 (20,229 Views)

★ Novice
So i bought the game today, thinking you would have an online freeroam mode just like Any other race game these days(i played test drive back in the days and even then whe had that). This would be the PERFECT Racing game for me and allot of car lovers who want to just be able to tune cars and hang out with Friends. You have the huge tuning capabilities advantage on THE CREW, why are you leaving online freeroaming out? Anyway, if bought it today, and im getting my money back Tomorrow. I adviced this game to Friends of mine because of my misunderstanding About the online content but now i’ll shurely tell them to hold on to they’re money.

PS: i play FIFA18 to, and the same your doing there just goes for this game; you are cashgrabbers, you do nothing for the hardcore base off players who advice you time and time again how to put your games together to satisfy your loyal customers. If you people don’t come up with an update for online freeroam you will see this game bleed out real quick! Grtz B. Floran
Message 7 of 14 (18,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’m ready to return it , free roam is the sole reason me and my buddies went out to get the game
Message 8 of 14 (16,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i am dissapointed with the fact that this game includes everything except online roaming and no free roam cops. forget the grind, if i cant enjoy battling with cops or playing with online players in free roam, ill just send this game back!
Message 9 of 14 (16,377 Views)

★ Guide

nfs 2015 is still better game then payback just play 2015 untill they add free roam and refund your payback money 

Message 10 of 14 (16,364 Views)