Need a Resign Button

by XMasterBishopX

Original Post

Re: Need a Resign Button

[ Edited ]

@XMasterBishopX wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

He wants to keep repeating this process so that he doesn't get promoted into a higher league where he may lose more often.

So he wants to lose so he can win, but doesn't want to be promoted to lose more! to get where he wants he would have to lose tons more often, to stay where he"wants" to be he would have to  lose every other game, 50%. So how can he stay low and win more games!? Than his win would automatically push him up. your logic doesn't work! granted his post did sound crazy, but i don't think anyone likes losing games and want to be at 50%. But by your logic if the situation you describe is true, the other player needs to stick it out anyways, because the game is about winning, and the other person losing. And the loser sticking it out needs to learn from it. I am sorry to say your logic doesn't work!

The resign button can be useful, and ideas have already been given to minimize most common abuses. The solution is there to make the game better.

This coming from someone who complains about tile blocking. I know now why you want a resign button. You don't like to lose when it doesn't go your way. 

It's a game. You don't get to choose what league you want to play in so that you can win more at the expense of others who don't have your skill level.

I'm seeing lots of baby acting here. It's hard to take you two guys seriously. 

Message 71 of 94 (1,005 Views)

★ Guide

no where have i complained about tile blocking, and if you read my post, YOU CAN'T WIN MORE BY LOSING GAMES! Even at a 50% win rate you move up in leagues. You would have to lose every game almost just to go down, then still lose more than 50% of the games to stay at that level. There is no way to win more games and stay low in leagues! and with the safe guards already discussed in this thread, it is not beneficial to do what you are saying. A good solution has been given, hopefully EA will listen.

Message 72 of 94 (980 Views)

[ Edited ]

@XMasterBishopX wrote:

no where have i complained about tile blocking, and if you read my post, YOU CAN'T WIN MORE BY LOSING GAMES! Even at a 50% win rate you move up in leagues. You would have to lose every game almost just to go down, then still lose more than 50% of the games to stay at that level. There is no way to win more games and stay low in leagues! and with the safe guards already discussed in this thread, it is not beneficial to do what you are saying. A good solution has been given, hopefully EA will listen.

Not you. That Mister Crac dude complains about tile blocking and everything else under the sun. Follow along. If you did you would know that I wasn't talkin about you.

And as far as as losing on purpose, you said it yourself. You want to resign to keep yourself in a lower league. Do you want me to quote your exact words? You said it in multiple posts already. You started in post 17 and repeated it in post 22 and many others. You want to disconnect from the hard games and win on your terms to remain in a league you feel more comfortable in. Is that not what you said?

Read your posts again. Enough with this nonsense. I get it. You don't want to advance into a higher league. You'll do it by disconnecting every so often to lose medals so that you don't advance.  After you have fun stomping on opponents that have less skill than you, you'll do it again to lose more medals. 

It's in your own posts. I'm not making this up. This is beyond ridiculous. What? You think I can't read back what you said? You think I don't know how to use the back button to re-read what you said?

Come on man. It's beyond pathetic that you keep arguing for a button to lose on purpose. Why would you want to lose on purpose if you haven't lost yet? Because it's too hard? Because the battle isn't going your way? Because you want to lose medals on purpose? Because you can't bare to work hard for a victory? Because you only want to win against people that have less skill than you?

It's pitiful.

Message 73 of 94 (971 Views)

★ Guide

Again you can't win more games by losing. I consider myself a casual gamer here. You seem to be hardcore. i propose away to make the game good for both. That is all. EA has everything in this thread to use to make a resign button that works for everyone, hope they use it. I am sorry this thread has made you upset.

By the way, I am in diamond, heading towards masters. hopefully as my units level up, even higher. But the top most concern is having fun. and i say to you hope you are having fun also.

Message 74 of 94 (951 Views)

@XMasterBishopX wrote:

Again you can't win more games by losing. I consider myself a casual gamer here. You seem to be hardcore. i propose away to make the game good for both. That is all. EA has everything in this thread to use to make a resign button that works for everyone, hope they use it. I am sorry this thread has made you upset.

By the way, I am in diamond, heading towards masters. hopefully as my units level up, even higher. But the top most concern is having fun. and i say to you hope you are having fun also.

I chuckle every time I see that it's you created a new post on this thread because you'll just repeat yourself over and over. Hardcore or casual means nothing. You play in the league you are in. Period. 

You've already said that you want to lose on purpose to keep yourself in a lower league so that when you're there you can be comfortable as a casual player.

There is absolutely no need for a button unless you want to deliberately lose when it's convenient for you. And that's why you want it. It gets tiresome to disconnect right? Why would EA want to put one in? So that people can lose on purpose quickly?

Here's a solution for you if you want to win all the time. Find a game where you can play a computer AI. You'll beat it every time after you figure out its pattern.

Message 75 of 94 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I chuckle every time I see that it's you created a new post on this thread because you'll just repeat yourself over and over. 

The pot calling the kettle black... Wink

Message 76 of 94 (937 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Man reading and keeping up with this thread is literally an eye sore. MarineCpl you literally have zero arguments and point to back up your position. I literally feel like you are so against this button because you wanna just f*** with your losing opponents and just make them watch you destroy them, like you get off or something watching your opponents lose. I am pro-resign button, there is literally no good argument against it that you have made. All you do is just sit around and criticize people's ability to read, and restate the same point over and over again. Your argument is all over the place, it goes from 'losing gives you the ability to learn' to 'people are gonna exploit the game' then you just end your post with some 'pitiful' or 'pathetic' remark.

First, I am going to address you comments regarding other games and their ability to resign. ALL games have the ability to resign, and they are made like that for a reason. If youre getting crushed in Starcraft, you literally can type "gg" and quit the game making you take the lost up front instead of wasting everyone's time. After your army gets demolished you literally think you can rebuild your army, and then out micro your enemy in 30 seconds when they are knocking at your front door? Its not that simple to just simply state all you have to do is out micro you enemy and win the game, if your opponent wiped your army out and you have to rebuild everything thats pretty much game over. The professionals know this, that is why on huge international competitive stages these players dont sit around and play a full game and wait till every building of theirs is destroyed before calling it quits. Its usually decided on the out come of huge decisive battles, 70% of the time when they lose their main army, compared to minimal loses to their opponent, they quit the game. It saves everyone's time and they can move on to the next match, you think audiences are sitting there like "oh, but he could of rebuilt...", the players know its over and the audience knows its over that is why the resign button is important. If youre losing 15:0 in CS:Go you are not coming back from that, you arnt miraculously going to win 15 rounds in a row, that just essentially means you and your team were out matched. That is why Valve put the option to vote to resign, it saves peoples time to move on and play/do other things.

Next, when a player is getting absolutely sh@t on by his opponent he is not really learning anything. Especially in a game that takes 3 minutes to play. If his base is surrounded by the enemy he is not going to learn anything by creating a unit and having it instantly destroyed. He might as well leave the game cause there is no going back. The only way he can learn is to go back and watch the replay and compare strategies. He might as well go do that instead of waiting for the next missile to launch. You cant just dismiss this point made by saying "well he should learn to micro/play better..." obviously... we dont need you to state that fact, obviously he wasnt as f***ing good as his opponent or else he would of won the match? the only way hell actually learn from these matches are to rewatch replays. Sitting around for the next 40 seconds is gonna help him play any better cause at the point theres no way hes gonna make a come back. Hes not even going to remember how the game got to such a point until he rewatches the game.

Next, you say people are going to exploit the game, but your only two arguments for this is that people will quit matches to speed up the unlock of their cloning lab. Okay... then dont have resigns count towards the cloning lab... and next, people are going to drop medals to stay in lower leagues to play easy matches.... so? who actually * cares man.

First of all, you cant drop out of your league, you cant go from masters to gold, you can just go from masters 1 to masters 3. How much of a skill gap do you actually think there is between masters 1 and masters 3 players? youre saying essentially a player wanting to do this will have to sit around for multiple season resets and not play to rank down to the preferred league. You think someone is going to sit around for 2 months and not play just to rank down? A real SMURF would just make a new account and go play against bronze players... and what are you going to do? stop them from making new accounts?

Second, leagues are level capped, you think a tiberium's players' level 13 is going to mean anything in a level 9 capped gold league? Congratulations you have level 9 units against level 7/8 units. Its not really that uncommon to beat players that have higher units than you.

Third, WHO THE HELL CARES if a few players wants to noob stomp. Im sorry to the one actually newbie that faces a greater skilled player. Its one game... the guy loses 20 medals, get over it. Wait 3 minutes and search again to avoid meeting the same player. Youll probably never seem him again. You act like 80% of players just waiting for a reset button to go stomp on noobs. In actuality its probably like 2% of players that want to go ONLY play noobs. Just cause this resign button is introduced its not suddenly going to build a skill wall of tib players in gold leagues trying to keep noobs down in gold/silver and stop them from advancing, im sorry but alot of players on here have more important things to do. Trust me, even these players will get bored of just playing against noobs, and its alot easier like I stated to just go make a new account. Thats what real SMURFS in CS:GO do, they have a main account to play against people their skill, and a SMURF account to noob stomp when they want, and there is no way you or EA can stop that from happening. Ive advanced to TIB and I did just fine, if someone currently wanted that badly to play against newbies, they wouldnt mind disconnect the game, its not that much of a obstacle keeping these players from want to play only newbies. Seriously, poor guy who loses to a smurf... do you ever think about how he feels? so selfish... man get the f*** over it. If you quit the game cause you lost once to a SMURF, IDGAF, the world doesnt stop of soft a** players like that. Real life will chew their a** up and spit them out.

To me a win is a win, every season I just try to get to Tib league again, Im not sitting there feeling dissatisfied with the game cause someone disconnects with it. What ever the f*** gets me those medals i dont care, regardless if i have to fight tooth and nail for a win, or the guy just left after 2 minutes. And its not like the majority of people just disconnect from the game cause their strategy didnt work, it may blow your mind, but most people actually WANT to win and advance to the next league. because they get crates as rewards to level up their units. If youre purposely trying to stay in a lower league, well whos actually the loser in that situation? The SMURF that is not getting league rewards and doesnt actually develop better skills casue they arnt being challenged? or the player to plays one game against a SMURF, loses and watches the replay and adapts to the SMURF's play style?

The ONLY reason that I wouldnt want a resign button is the off chance that my opponent disconnects and I get to drag on the game and spam build bounty units. But that in itself is ALSO an exploit.

Having this resign button saves everyone's time, and allows them to move on to the next game. Reading this thread every day, i just sit there and shake my damn head cause your points are so poor, not one compelling argument was made on your behalf.

ALSO all those other people in this thread that says you shouldnt get full medals for an opponent hitting the resign button... STUPID. WHY THE HELL SHOULD I NOT GET ALL THE MEDALS FROM A RESIGNING OPPONENT? cause the guy is trash and resigned? well suck it, I dont care that you got scared and resigned or your skills are just mad trash that you resigned. Give me my DAMN medals, either you quit and save me from having to stomp you for 2 minutes. A win is a win no matter what happened in the game, and a loss is a loss. Full medals for me and full loss of medals for you.

The only way to do this is:

RESIGN DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS CLONING CHAMBERS

FULL MEDAL EFFECTS FOR WINNER AND LOSER

BOUNTIES CAN COUNT OR NOT (I DONT CARE.... DOESNT AFFECT ME, IF YOU WANT TO TAKE THE L JUST TO FULFILL YOUR BOUNTIES THAT IS YOUR CALL)

FUEL - AGAIN I DONT CARE, IT DOESNT AFFECT ME.

ALSO IF NOT CLEAR - A RESIGN IS A LOSS

Now everyone can stop arguing over such a small not even potential feature or even coming feature. SMH

Message 77 of 94 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is absolutely no way I could read that book you just wrote and respond to every point. Most of it became dribble after a certain point. About halfway through I had to give up reading it.

The only point few points I'll make are...

1. Bases do not get surrounded where you can't spawn a unit out in large numbers to where you need to quit button because a missile is a long time away. When your base is surrounded, the game is usually over within seconds. These games after 2 to 3 minutes tops for Christ's sake. It's extremely rare for some idiot to surround your base and kill everything that comes out without firing on your base or having a missile charging for the final death blow.

2. All those games that have quit buttons that you mentioned are nothing like this game. You don't have to rebuild anything in this game to continue so that point is moot. You don't have to rebuild a new barracks. You don't have to rebuild a new war factory. Ect. A missile is shortly on the way if you got outplayed enough where you can't get a unit out. And a big difference between those games and this game is that 1 unit on a pad can make you win. It has happened to me before after I was careless and I have done it to others when they were careless and I managed to get one lone drone or harvester onto a pad. Other times I spawned the right unit. For example. One time my basement surrounded by rocket troopers. I spawned an orca bomber and they were all gone. I won that match. Those games you mentioned do not work like this game. This isn't a long game.

3. I repeat myself because I'm responding to others who repeat themselves. When someone keeps saying over and over that they just want to have a quick button so they could lower themselves to a lower league, I respond in kind. And yes you can lower yourself. You can continue quitting until you're at the bottom of the league so that you don't have to face level 1 players in your league so that you can continue facing easier level 3 players. Afterwards when the season resets, you can do it all over again to the next season so that you are at and even lower league.

4. Multiple people in this thread have already made it known what they would do with a quit button. Not having a quit button makes it harder for them to exploit the game. And don't act like it's only two people. Multiple people disconnect from the game as it is. Imagine if there were a quit button that can be pressed in one second rather than closing the app and having to wait 2 minutes for it to reload again so that you can do it 10 quick times for gas or 30 quick times for a cloning chamber.

5. Why do I care if people want to stomp on noobs? Because it's not right. It ruins the game. People here already complain that the game is hard. Imagine if you have a bunch of idiots who lowered themselves to lower leagues so that they can stomp on noobs. You think the threads are bad here with people complaining? The button would make it a lot worse and easier to do that.

6. You said that I have no valid points? Aren't those actual points that I just described valid? Or are they points that you'd rather deem invalid because you want a button because it's too tedious to close the app and restart it again when you want to deliberately lose for whatever reason.

Message 78 of 94 (902 Views)

★ Guide

HAHAHAHAHA 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Lets write a 30 page Thesis paper on the Resign Button!

Your English teachers would be so proud!

Oh Yeah!

My opinion on the Resign Button is EASY!

NEVER! 

I’m fight till the bitter end.

All I need is:

-A Glass of Milk

-A Butter Finger

-And a lvl 10 Riflemen 

I don’t care how many lvl 15 units they have on the field.

I’m unleash some Micro Skills the likes they never seen before.

If I win, It was destined to happen!

If I lose, I’m blame it on a game error!

Did the Field Goal go thru?

🙌 It was GOOD! 🙌

Message 79 of 94 (886 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ADAPT OR DIE! Closing your app and restarting works just fine. 

Message 80 of 94 (855 Views)