Re: Need a Resign Button

by XMasterBishopX

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@XPlayerJ wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Lets write a 30 page Thesis paper on the Resign Button!

Your English teachers would be so proud!

Oh Yeah!

My opinion on the Resign Button is EASY!

NEVER! 

I’m fight till the bitter end.

All I need is:

-A Glass of Milk

-A Butter Finger

-And a lvl 10 Riflemen 

I don’t care how many lvl 15 units they have on the field.

I’m unleash some Micro Skills the likes they never seen before.

If I win, It was destined to happen!

If I lose, I’m blame it on a game error!

Did the Field Goal go thru?

🙌 It was GOOD! 🙌

Sometimes micro skills aren't going to cut it. Lets say his average army level is more than 3 levels higher, he has the level advantage and defenders advantage while you have the micro and experience to take him in. Players should be able to grow at a constant pace from one level to another. I'm not new to the forums but I did get into a tussle with a sensitive issue that caused me to leave the forums. I would prefer to sit on the lower leagues cause of all the top players and their level 14 armies. Right now I am in Diamond 1 for either faction and would like to be in Gold or Platinum rank, losing intentionally to my opponents or closing the match into a tie.

Message 81 of 94 (1,168 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@lastreconcile wrote:

ADAPT OR DIE! Closing your app and restarting works just fine. 

Yes, it works. However this is only a workaround. A workaround for a missing feature that the developers so far have been too lazy to implement.

Developers shouldn't be lazy. They should do their job. After all, they're getting paid for it.

Message 82 of 94 (1,156 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Definitely we need a resign button with so many challenge battles appearing here and there, I'd rather choose to give my opponent free harvesters rather than put up a fight. Have you ever seen riflemen chase a centurion? That opponent of mine was sure bewildered. Right now the only viable answers to a resign buttons are to disconnect (I don't do this unless my wi-fi has a bad day), AFK (when I'm busy for something else) or send a white flag (harvesters I prefer; once with harvesters, I've managed to launch the 1st nuke) 

Message 83 of 94 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

@MarcT22186 wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI in this case you're very lucky. Especially those Players who pay for their Deck and/or are in a irrelevant Team do it really often, probably while they've no idea of fair play or sportsmanship. I face at least one of those a da
See today I got 2 losses vs Players out of a Top 20 Team, they rush you down and I'm willing to take it, because that's what this game about. If he idles, with f.e. Ava and Widowmaker, on Pads - I'm also fine with it and I'll wait for the final rocket.
But if I have to quit, then just vs those idiots from last post.
I read in here a lot of Players instantly quit vs. Alicia, but why? There are just two outcoming of those battles:
1. You lose and learn from this battles.
2.You win and can feel like a Superhero!
A win vs. any of those Top 20 Players is an ultimate win. You'll probably never get a better chance for this. I'm waiting every every Blitz or Champions Event facing one of those. Especially 13lade and Alicia. I might get my * whipped within 90 seconds, but 100x better than a win vs. every average Player from which I may learn nothing.

Maybe it's an option to combine this button with your penalty (if it's no connection error) idea. F.e. by a button that gets activated after 1st Missile, if you force quit you get a medal loss X10.

I play everyday. I'm not lucky. I seriously doubt that your base gets surrounded and you can't spawn a unit without it getting destroyed immediately and they don't have units on the pads and are just toying with you. I don't buy that one bit. If that is true, then you need to learn how to play so that they don't surround your base. 

And not for nothing, when my base gets surrounded, they have units on pads and are waiting for the missile and destroying what I put out. That's the game. Why would they let me put out units to contest their pads?

Sounds like a whole lot of it's too hard and not going my way so I'll disconnect to me.

Push for example! Happens this tourney on 3 out of 4 losses! 

Message 84 of 94 (1,113 Views)

@MarcT22186 wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

@MarcT22186 wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI in this case you're very lucky. Especially those Players who pay for their Deck and/or are in a irrelevant Team do it really often, probably while they've no idea of fair play or sportsmanship. I face at least one of those a da
See today I got 2 losses vs Players out of a Top 20 Team, they rush you down and I'm willing to take it, because that's what this game about. If he idles, with f.e. Ava and Widowmaker, on Pads - I'm also fine with it and I'll wait for the final rocket.
But if I have to quit, then just vs those idiots from last post.
I read in here a lot of Players instantly quit vs. Alicia, but why? There are just two outcoming of those battles:
1. You lose and learn from this battles.
2.You win and can feel like a Superhero!
A win vs. any of those Top 20 Players is an ultimate win. You'll probably never get a better chance for this. I'm waiting every every Blitz or Champions Event facing one of those. Especially 13lade and Alicia. I might get my * whipped within 90 seconds, but 100x better than a win vs. every average Player from which I may learn nothing.

Maybe it's an option to combine this button with your penalty (if it's no connection error) idea. F.e. by a button that gets activated after 1st Missile, if you force quit you get a medal loss X10.

I play everyday. I'm not lucky. I seriously doubt that your base gets surrounded and you can't spawn a unit without it getting destroyed immediately and they don't have units on the pads and are just toying with you. I don't buy that one bit. If that is true, then you need to learn how to play so that they don't surround your base. 

And not for nothing, when my base gets surrounded, they have units on pads and are waiting for the missile and destroying what I put out. That's the game. Why would they let me put out units to contest their pads?

Sounds like a whole lot of it's too hard and not going my way so I'll disconnect to me.

Push for example! Happens this tourney on 3 out of 4 losses! 

Looks to me like the missile wasn't close to being charged and he just wanted to finish your base which is part of the game to end it. 

Sorry. No need for a button. His units are actually attacking your base and not pushed back to prolong the game.

Message 85 of 94 (1,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Looks to me like the missile wasn't close to being charged and he just wanted to finish your base which is part of the game to end it. 

Sorry. No need for a button. His units are actually attacking your base and not pushed back to prolong the game.

Looks like a blockade to me. and the missile is almost fully charged! I don't know what pictures you are looking at, but none of those units can actually hit the base.

correction: the MLRS can hit it!

with that said, you can tell the other person is playing with him. if the other player wanted to kill him, he would have all his units next to his base. This is clear evidence the other player pushed backed to prolong the game.

Message 86 of 94 (1,098 Views)

Your base's health tells the whole story.

Message 87 of 94 (1,095 Views)

★ Guide

Just to let people know, I made a separate post how the new "wait for next match" when you try to resign by shutting the game off. Well EA took it down.

Why couldn't EA just make a damn resign button. So instead of helping players stay they are driving them away. Don't they know that if a person has to keep shutting a game off, they will eventually never turn it back on. OHHHH, you say stay and fight.  Most players that shut the game off is because they are not having fun!!!! So now you want them to stay in a game they are not having fun at!!!! REALLY you're a sadist!

A resign button help everyone! the ones resigning by helping them find matches they like, and helping the other player by finding people that want the kind of challenge they offer! All around everyone is having fun! More people stay in the game! More people are likely to buy something!!!

EA really are you that stupid!!!!

Message 88 of 94 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure where this thread ended up - bottom left on the screen > button... 

Message 89 of 94 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@wanderingjock  check the date.

Message 90 of 94 (845 Views)