Need For Speed Payback: Play as the Cop

by JT1031224

Original Post

Need For Speed Payback: Play as the Cop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

We all know for those people who played or heard of Need For Speed Rivals, you can play as a racer or a cop. This is the only game in the whole Need For Speed series that has a mode where you can play as a cop. But what if you can play as a cop roaming the streets of Fortune Valley trying to hunt down racers. You can do your career. Basically close to the cop mode in Need For Speed Rivals. Will the developers release an update?

If you are the developer/s of NFS Payback, please let me know.

For those players who play this game, do you want the cop mode added?

Message 1 of 24 (25,932 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Payback: Play as the Cop

★★★ Pro
Sorry but you are wrong, we have been able too play as cop since 98 when the original Hot pursuit was lauched. Plus let us not forget High Stakes and NFS Porsche, and HP 2 from 2002, and also HP 2010. But i agree its getting bored beeing just racer, i prefer beeing the cop too be honest. Just without those stupid weapons and NOS, i like using my driving skills too catch the badguys. Mayby call in roadblock and drop spike, but then i would like too have it like it was in the old games. If you runned over the spike you would be busted. Plus giving tickets before we bust them, mayby som bust cutscenes.
Message 2 of 24 (25,802 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah that would be cool. It would be pretty fun running racers off the road with the PIT mechanic.

Message 3 of 24 (25,789 Views)

★★ Expert

@JT1031224

Your post:

We all know for those people who played or heard of Need For Speed Rivals, you can play as a racer or a cop. This is the only game in the whole Need For Speed series that has a mode where you can play as a cop. But what if you can play as a cop roaming the streets of Fortune Valley trying to hunt down racers. You can do your career. Basically close to the cop mode in Need For Speed Rivals. Will the developers release an update?

If you are the developer/s of NFS Payback, please let me know.

For those players who play this game, do you want the cop mode added?

My Reply:

Dude, you know NFS has a long history of games, and we were able to play as the cop in other versions from the past.

NFS High Stakes comes to mind and Hot Pursuit 3, &  Porche Unleashed and so many others.

Go check them out at your local game store and play them.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 4 of 24 (25,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I do want to play as a cop in need for speed payback

Message 5 of 24 (25,452 Views)

★★ Expert

@LexMysterious07 

Answer is yes you can run around in a cop car.

Watch this video...enjoy!👍😁

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hvAiDK9wpfg

Message 6 of 24 (24,951 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

You're right about that. I do this all the time online in AllDrive freeroam servers, it's great! Me and my friends often play as cops, to deliver player-driven "freeroam cops" which is very interesting in my opinion, as a player controlled police car can't have rubberbanding like an AI, yet can make up for it by using shortcuts and driving skill. We can't use spike strips or call in air support, but even with just the Crown Vic and some custom police cars we still have a great time, all you need is a Crown Victoria or some cop vanity items and then you're set. With some backup units in the form of your friends and other random cop cars in the server, you can request roadblocks, use advanced pursuit techniques, and have an awesome time playing as the FVPD, to some extent. For these reasons, I tried to convince the devs to add the FVPD Charger (and others, maybe as abandoned car?) on the same basis as the CVPI, but that clearly didn't work. Hope that your question has been answered. Essentially, we can play as a cop.

Message 7 of 24 (24,259 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

I think that's fabulous you found a way to be creative in the game and invite your friends.

Enjoy your day!:eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 24 (24,233 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Guys i think that what i want is all u guys want, I just want to bring back old police system as rockport police civic cruiser undercover civic cruiser all that staff where we can join in that team i want to feel that side of game disable weapons and that *, we can be only part of unit who chase the racer with others units backup same thing as most wanted not crash the racer, surrend him and get busted create pursuit brakers and theese staff i really want to play on that way i really wish ea read this comment and make that kind of game. 

SAME ROCKPORT POLICE CARS

SAME ROCKPORT POLICE SYSTEMS

SAME ROCKPORT POLICE TACTICS 

CAN JOIN THE TEAM. 

THAT WHAT PLAYERS NEED

Message 9 of 24 (20,368 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@racermkd

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head, definitely my dream. Wouldn't have to deal with the damage bar either... I love Most Wanted 2005.

It's exactly what I do on NFS Payback, and it really helps to build a community with other players! That's why I came up with the concept of player-powered freeroam cops, which embodies exactly what you've described.

In an ideal NFS, I'd love it if your ideas could be realised. A return to Rockport that genuinely focuses on the Cop vs Racer theme, with the blacklist coming back, better visuals, and even more cars to enjoy. 

Message 10 of 24 (20,352 Views)