Re: Nba live is getting worse...

by MAD-MAESTRO-007

Original Post

Nba live is getting worse...

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For me my big tall guy is now awful. I can't go on a fast break and have the ball get stolen or even when I'm still the my guy fumbles the dribble. I am level 25 on Live run and I am winded all the time can't dribble, the response for setting up screens are off. Also all these newbies don't pass ball and when they do I lose it cuz of strict patches against big tall guys like me. Even my three points don't go in when I'm open and hit the marker correctly.

This games has flaws that have been introduced by strict patches against players. It's started out great and patch after patch they have made it worse for playing and enjoying after all these restrictions on the game. It's like the beta was decent and when the game came out its was average and now it's frustrating and not fun. Some where in the process of adding all these elements of reality to the game and player physics EA has counteracted the strength of the player. I can't even move right, the flow of my player is off, constantly winded and out of place when setting a screen because of delays. 

I am disgusted and frustrated in the game and there is simply nothing I can do but shut the game off or play something else. This is not acceptable to take away features that where in early game and impose a totally different game on us. Last night I got a peer disconnection error message that I have never seen before. The other player suck and never pass the ball or set up a play, just drive to the hoop like aimless dunk zombies, or shoot 3 pointers from the parking garage and they go in but not mine from the line. Maybe I had a bad night but I have been here since beta, than day 1 official release and I have seen and felt the changes and the flow is not the same. You took away the ability to feel powerful and I now fall bad, trip on the ball, miss layups, not dunk, miss open three points, can not run well, move awkward.

Patches are suppose to make the game better not deter you from playing or strip off. 

Update:

I have changed traits to accommodate speed and changed by jump shot and played 5 on 5 more regularly and focused on my ability to defend and when I can score great. I don't need to be a one man army. The ball moves faster than than defense and playing a game with a good team makes up for the game flaws. This is the game we have and I can still find enjoyment from my investment in NBA Live 2019. I have a bad game every now and then but there's always another game mode that you can discover like world tour, live events, live run, season, maybe I'll get into court battles next.

Message 1 of 6 (1,665 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Do you know what the game lacks .. " Realistic Game Play .. like it plays more like an Arcade Game .. because Arcade Games you can do all this .. like NBA Live need to Study 2K Playing and movements .. so that they can understand how a player should move .. because the CPU can Manipulate the game .. and that's why you see so many steals .. or the game is not passing correctly .. like your Creative Player should move with no problem .. and have total control .. in which this game lacks .. like the CPU can take over your player .. and move him right out of the way .. and it players Movements Are like being on " Roller Skates " .. like when you stop .. like it's like Whoa .. Whoa .. before it comes to a complete stop .. and like I said that E.A. need to study 2K's movements when they make a game .. so when they make a Juke .. or a Shake .. or a Studder Step .. the Players movements much be Crisp .. and on point .. and not keep " Skating Away " from the player that you are guarding .. and stay on him .. and you should be able to drive to the basket with ease .. unless someone is guarding you .. that you can backup .. and try to put a move on the Defender .. or CPU  .. unless that particular player has great Defense style of play .. but other than that ? .. you should be able to play like a Champion .. and not like a Stumbling Bumbling Fool .. but they need to go back to NBA Live 98 .. because the players movements were Perfect !

Message 2 of 6 (1,636 Views)

★ Guide
Good points. I agree the passing gets booted most of the times. When some players pass the ball to me because EA made my big tall into a bumbling jester of the court I can't even get the pass without it being intercepted by cpu. That's exactly what I feel like a bumbling fool when I play recently. I see players over run to the hoop cuz there are no brakes low response to your actions. My screens are not Appling correctly in the time and space I call them and things are not as smooth as when the game came out in September 2018, only worse. There's to many animation driven events like steals and not enough free actions that can be voluntary invoked.

To me this game never came out of beta. We been in an experiment from EA called NBA live 2019 all this time and they are lol at us has they keep Patching and making our experience worse. I paid good money for a final product, this is not it. The game has potential but they treat it has a job with patches instead of art that could be masterful.
Message 3 of 6 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

You know who really should come in ? .. and speculate the game .. " Real Proven Game Players " .. that come in .. and should E.A. what they are doing " Wrong " .. and it's probably Geeks that are making the game .. but the Geek probably doesn't know how the game is played .. So they need a real Grunt like you and Me .. to tell them .. that " This Should Not Be Happening .. like we need the Geek to Design the Game Play .. and the Grunt to come in to tell them That..  " No " .. make this play better .. and those players don't do that in real life .. and no butt Kissing People either .. but real people that has a Passion for the game .. and  Geeks that has been dedicated to the Creation of the game .. and they will learn too .. and get a feel of the game .. because without Grunts and Geeks working together as " One " .. can make a Terrific Game .. and blow the competition out of the water .. and make 2K take notice .. and make them want to make a great game also .. because there is no competition for 2K .. and 2K is falling .. and people want a fresh new start .. but the peoples at E.A. needs to learn how to listen to the people .. because for years they have not been listening .. and just do what they want without a care in the world .. and don't care what the people thinks .. because they are on their " High Horse " .. and refuse to listen .. like " How Can You Hear .. If You Can't Hear " .. like Luke said to Darth Vader's Boss .. and said " That Your Arrogance Blinds You " .. and the Boss said " Your Faith In Your Friends Blinds You " .. so on both sides .. " Please " .. Learn How To Listen .. and watch the reaction of the people .. when you deliver the " Goods "Proprly .. and you will see great results .. and bring back the Defense .. and let the game " Shoot Better .. and " Take Out " the " Cheating and Manipulation " of the CPU ... and let the game play like a Running Train .. and watch how great the people .. and the company at 2K see the results of E.A. Creation .. and if not ? .. then it will be another day of .. the same Ol same Ol Boring Game Play .. So E.A. . if you are "Lisening .. and Reading My Post ? .. Please Study .. these Two Basketball Games " NBA Live 98 " .. with Tim Hardaway on the Cover .. because that was the best Game Period .. and "2K11 " with Michael Jordan on the cover .. and see if your next game play like both games .. but only the difference is ? 2K Games Cheats Too Much " NBA Live 98 Hardly Ever Did !

Message 4 of 6 (1,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I hear you, I had 2k19 because they gave it out free. I played it until Live 2018 came out because I was not going to pay for the same game 2k17 in which I hate those 3 points cheaters. I grinded 2k16 for 2 years and never got to level 4. It was fun for a while but then Live 2018 just hooked me. All the other players I was playing with in the 2k series were like nah live is garbage. I never player live 14 or 98 or any previous basketball game since double dribible on the nes lol.

Now after extensive time on 2k16 and Nba Live 2018 I can see the difference. 2k is all about pay to play and live 18 was fresh, gave you free clothes, free hair styles, had many online courts, had a five on five up to 21 which was quite enjoyable. The ai was fine not over powering but fluid. My build was a center and I felt powerful, ran good, shot good, I was like God level. 

In Live 2019 there is no 5 on 5 up to 21 in Live Run unless you do a 4 quarters with rules which could get lossed due to connection errors thus losing on progress. I played 3 vs 3 before in September & October 2018 and it had problems of ppl with certain builds hitting three pointer, but my dunking was there and my movement was not impaired that much. Now I don't even want to play anymore because of the bloopers I see from alot of players and the way my character is performing. I have not changed any of by skills or traits the game has changed for the worse after patches.

I agree EA should consider our suggestions but I don't know if that's going to happen cuz on paper these patches look good but on actual live playing they are awful. I can only hope the the cpu gets tamed down a bit so I can drive in without getting bum rushed, my big tall guy regains some semblance of control and power back as well as shooting and dunking. Also the cheese three pointers would tone down and miss some. They should have looked at live 2018 and made better.

I love the courts but more should be added for 3 vs 3. Bring back Live Run 5 on 5  up to 21 pointst not this 4 quarters. I love the crates but lately only 1 game for Live Run and the other is a solo. I don't want to play against ai by myself, boring. 

I just do live run and live events, dabbled on the One and Season but tried court battles and was lost, too many steals. I can't recommend this game as is to no one without getting lol at. This game as of now makes all of those 2k haters righteous and I am doubtful I will be investing in Live 2020 and paying $60 or $40, maybe wait and see when it's like $8. This is a belated bate and switch and got sold a decent game that turned to a frustrating joke and I am hating playing.

I wish this game was better but it's getting worse. Maybe EA can pull it around and fix but they keep fixing things to hinder the player and make the ai a beast. Small players are making more and better dunks than me because they are faster. Players are not passing or getting 3 in a key on purpose to take away my shot. These are dirty tactics and we are in a team. Live 2018 had better players. You can tell ai is overpowered when they are getting player of the game. It's no longer about you the One it's about the zero points you get in game and ai hyped up along side greedy players. I can combat greedy players if I could play good but can't and in combination with bad game and bad players I am disgusted. EA can read this or not time will tell if they care about their customers or their revenue or both or none.

Message 5 of 6 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree on bringing back 'to 21' 5V5.

They would have to change the XP for wins and losses in that, though.

I've been begging for a double XP weekend for Live Run. I hope that

my cries don't go on deaf ears, as the required XP for the trophy

is just outrageous. 3 million. Wow.

What were they thinking with these criminally unbalanced Legend

trophies? You only need 500 K for Career, with so many ways

to get Career hype. 

I know that's a different topic, but still.

Message 6 of 6 (1,518 Views)