[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

How is this ok?

Message 1 of 9 (1,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nazi flag

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

As I mentioned - we are not the ones who give the verdict. Everyone is, by default, considered innocent until ToS team judges them guilty. This is not the place for making such verdicts and this is why the "no name and shame" rule exists. I will repeat what I said in previous post:

While some cases are obvious, many are not, and we cannot be cherry picking and passing judgement (often with limited information) instead of people who are actually working on it every day. By doing that, it would be incredibly easy to harm people who are innocent.

Let's imagine that we let one legit post about someone who is rule-breaking stay up. Then other people see it and start flooding their reports, with some of them framing people who did nothing wrong besides stepping on someone's foot. And then someone innocent gets branded as cheater/rule breaker. With us having no way to tell who's telling the truth.

So, overall, that's what the rule is for and that is how that rule works pretty much on every single forum that has it. It will be understood in the exact same way on all other official EA forums (like Battlefield forums) and even many unofficial forums and discussion boards (such as all major Battlefield subreddits).

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,376 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
It's not. But you need to use the in game reporting tool or speak directly to EA support. Naming and shaming on here is against the rules
Message 2 of 9 (1,463 Views)

@groovebox_house

@eI-nombre is right, naming and shaming is against the forum rules, that's why I removed the screenshot.

But you are of course right too, this is no OK at all.

Please report the Player in the the way eI-nombre mentioned.

And thank you for noticing and taking care of it! Standard smile

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 9 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Where is that rule?

Message 4 of 9 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

In EA Forum Rules and Guidelines, which can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534

To be precise, here is the paragraph, from "Don'ts" section:

Online bullying is against the rules. [...] Bullying can include:

• Personal defamation
  • Naming and shaming
  • Gossiping about other people

Making a thread with claim that person XYZ broke some kind of rule qualifies as naming and shaming. There are multiple reasons why this rule exists:

1) Posting here will not result in someone being penalized, as Terms of Service team (which is responsible for such actions) doesn't browse this forum to find people to punish. Nothing positive comes from it, no-one benefits from it. They work with profile reports and that's the route to use.

2) Such discussions often lose any semblance of being civil. As a result, forum moderators/CMs have to lock them. Once again, everybody loses.

3) A witch hunt against the player can start. If he is cheating/breaking the rules, he will not care, so it won't exactly change anything when combined with points above. If he isn't, you're screwing an innocent person over, which obviously is quite a problem. And the people who make the "guilty" call on those cases, as mentioned, are not here. Sure, some cases are blatant, but many are not, and we cannot create a very questionable precedence by cherry picking and passing judgement (often with limited information) instead of people who are actually working on it every day. It's as if a dentist suddenly decided that he will give diagnosis to someone with heart issues.

Hopefully that more or less clears up why such rule is in place. Obviously, as mentioned, you're very much welcome to send the reports on people you suspect of breaking the Terms of Service (be it by a rule-violating avatar, cheating or something else) as described in posts above.

If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 5 of 9 (1,411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im not naming or shaming im just exposing someone with a nazi flag and a very very cool name, he named him self . I don't think you're understanding the rules, maybe . 

Message 6 of 9 (1,406 Views)

@groovebox_house

@spitfiresiemion understands the rule perfectly. You posted the online name of that person in a screenshot everybody can see.

This is a public forum, posting this here is "Naming and shaming" regardless of the fact that you are right about the Nazi flag.

Please use the offered channels in the game or via the help function to report such players.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 9 (1,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

As I mentioned - we are not the ones who give the verdict. Everyone is, by default, considered innocent until ToS team judges them guilty. This is not the place for making such verdicts and this is why the "no name and shame" rule exists. I will repeat what I said in previous post:

While some cases are obvious, many are not, and we cannot be cherry picking and passing judgement (often with limited information) instead of people who are actually working on it every day. By doing that, it would be incredibly easy to harm people who are innocent.

Let's imagine that we let one legit post about someone who is rule-breaking stay up. Then other people see it and start flooding their reports, with some of them framing people who did nothing wrong besides stepping on someone's foot. And then someone innocent gets branded as cheater/rule breaker. With us having no way to tell who's telling the truth.

So, overall, that's what the rule is for and that is how that rule works pretty much on every single forum that has it. It will be understood in the exact same way on all other official EA forums (like Battlefield forums) and even many unofficial forums and discussion boards (such as all major Battlefield subreddits).

Message 8 of 9 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You are right.

I think unfortunately that we will have a new wave of such flags in BFV, I hope the report function will be implemented from day one...

Message 9 of 9 (1,252 Views)