Re: NPCs not leaving my bathroom

by Sejong25

Original Post

NPCs not leaving my bathroom

★★★ Novice

So I have retired a few sims but not made them move out. I have this problem that their favorite pastime is standing still in some room and chatting with each other for as long periods as they are allowed to, and really the only thing to stop them from doing it is to start a relationship event wit them. The real problem about this is that I have only one bathroom and sometimes this elderly chit-chat club sits in the bathroom real tight so that I have no chance to use the shower or bathroom because it says my sim needs a little privacy. Is there any other options than temporarily moving the furniture to another room? Anyone else have this problem? I haven't noticed the same with kids or toddlers, they are fairly active and switch rooms more often. I'd really like an option to lock doors because I can imagine that if this goes on, in 5 generations there'll be no such thing as privacy in my house.

Message 1 of 15 (5,159 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I had exactly same problem, so I had to make two bathrooms. But don't worry about 5 generations crowding your house, because you can only have 12 sims staying at home at the same time, and your elder sims will die and move out permanently within a week.
Message 2 of 15 (5,140 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! So they do die in the end? And as I counted, the first one should go... tomorrow? Phew. (I haven't even got the balls to kick them out but I admit I enjoyed that information a little bit in a sarcastic in-your-face-chit-chatters way.)

Still, I currently have 6 sims staying at my lot since I have no kids, and I can't really imagine fitting "only" 6 more in some kitchen corner lol.

Message 3 of 15 (5,134 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
You're welcome! Actually I'm not certain how long it really takes, but all my retired sims (four of them) died within a week. They will prompt a blue birthday cake icon, and when you touch on it, they'll say it's their time to move out, and their contact will be grayed out. If you really wanted to, you could decide not to touch the cake I guess.

Also, about the bathroom, maybe you could remove the door? I haven't tried it myself, but it might just work...
Message 4 of 15 (5,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have this problem too. It’s not just with retired sims (I’ve only one)  but unpromoted adult children Football. I can’t access the bathroom to replenish my energy because of privacy. Furthermore, I can’t move the toilet or shower into another room (all spaces show as red) whether from in-house or moving and retrieving from storage. So annoying! 

Eta: As a work around, I had one of my sims go to another location, e.g. parkside, and called each NPC from the bathroom, and was able to access after. Still slightly annoying. 

Message 5 of 15 (5,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
I found a fix for this problem,
You gonna have to remove any entrance (doors) of bathroom
It works 90%
Sometimes when you going to use bathroom maybe random npc teleports to you. But don't worry they will leave when you touch somewhere out of bathroom
Hope it helps
Message 6 of 15 (5,030 Views)

★★★ Novice
Removing the doors didn't work for me actually. I'm sick of them. When I think I am finally alone, some old dude just teleports in. They just don't leave the bathroom and we need a 'pls get the * out of here' option!!!
Message 7 of 15 (4,928 Views)

Have you guys tried asking them to come to a community lot?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 15 (4,901 Views)

★ Guide
it will be red if previously you already try to click the items. I have 2 toilet.. but if both of them are having the other person, I usually move the shower to another room. but I am make sure my char last action is not click that shower.
Message 9 of 15 (4,884 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ideally, NPCs would receive a command to leave the bathroom as soon as a PC interacts with a bathroom object. That's how it works in the PC version of the game. Players shouldn't have to waste time on shooing characters out of the bathroom.

That said, my retired "mom" character loves to look at herself in the mirror. GTFO mom! :P

Message 10 of 15 (4,797 Views)