Re: NOD losing streak

by amlamarra

Original Post

NOD losing streak

★ Novice

I just have to vent a little. WHAT THE EFF?!?

Since I started playing, I've had about a 3-1 win-loss ratio. Sometimes better. But all of a sudden, at some point when I got to sector 3 for Nod (am now back at sector 2!), I'm now loosing EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Event against opponents with a much lower score than me. I've tried changing my army several times but can't find anything that works. I'm still winning plenty as GDI.

One of the problems I face is that I'm usually up against an opponent with units that I've yet to unlock. I'll say this is probably the most annoying thing about this game. You have to get lucky in your crates in order to become competitive.

Looking forward to when this game is pay-to-win.  /s

Message 1 of 10 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@amlamarra  If you don't mind me asking what is the current selection of units you are using for Nod. Generally a good lower level battle deck is Militants, Laser Soldiers, Attack Bike, Raider Buggy, Cyborgs and Confessor Cabals. You can mix up the deck a bit when you unlock more options such as replacing Militants for Flame Troopers or using the Flame Tank instead of Confessor Cabals if you do not have that unit. If you only have one Tech Lab unit avaliable this can also be why you are struggling and in this case you may want to save up 3,000 credits in case you see either Flame Tank, Confessor Cabal, Rockworm or Cyborgs. You typically want to have a late game anti air, anti vehicle and anti infantry; the Nod Cyborg is both anti air and anti vehicle while the Confessor Cabal is anti infantry and anti air or you can pair Cyborgs with the Flame Tank which is anti infantry.

It could also help to maybe watch a replay or post one of your gameplay so we can give tips that way as it could be that you require to use a different tactic than what you are currently doing. Nod is meant to be a bit sneaky with hit and run strikes on the enemy along with their economy in this case harvesters.

Message 2 of 10 (1,087 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks. I just broke my losing streak with 2 wins. I used Militants, Laser Soldiers, Attack Bike, Raider Buggy, Scorpion tank, and rock worm. Aside from that, I also had the venom & banshee. Those don't seem to be working for me. I also finally just unlocked Confessor. I probably haven't been using the hit & run tactics. But this game doesn't seem to cater to that play style.
Message 3 of 10 (1,073 Views)

★ Guide
Oh hit and run works great for some things like attack bikes, jumpjets, pitbulls, orcas, and stealth tanks, but yes at the end of the day you do need to actually hold platforms so standing your ground is also important.
Message 4 of 10 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
It might be that some of the not so good players are getting stuff like borgs through drops early and using them as a bit of a crutch. I'm in sector 5 atm on nod and don't really remember seeing many of them till about sector 4, when I happened to get flame troops and confessors which helped out a lot.
Message 5 of 10 (1,048 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yeah, so I decided to play my nod up to 1000 medals tonight, and in nod vs nod matchups I went 10 wins 1 loss. Note that I don't have cyborgs (imo overpowered still post nerf) or rockworms unlocked. I do have flame troopers which are powerful. I also have banshees and confessors (both common tier troops and I believe come as a drop when you player level up).

What is your build order and opening tactics? @JadeXyan gave me pretty good advice not to sit around and just capture points, rather to get a squad out early to their base to see their buildings and if they go immediate two harvester get in there and make them pay. It's especially helpful to have that eye on them so when they tech up you can have the appropriate stuff ready (ie. you see a rockworm coming you get a banshee so you can contest vs it).

Message 6 of 10 (1,033 Views)

★ Guide
ah cyborgs are fine..... unless you're a GDI player below level 12 and they have a counter to riflemen with them.
Message 7 of 10 (1,014 Views)

★ Novice
I am currently on a 9 losses streak! It doesn't matter who I play, everyone is stronger or faster. I mean seriously, us winning doesn't seem to matter to the game developers. Can you say UNBALANCED. I think for me the icing on the cake is after you receive a mission failure against an opponent that you were never gonna beat, the give you so ridiculous advice about having high tech units... Well on kidding! I would love to get half the stuff that seems to be working for these guys handing me consecutive losses.
Message 8 of 10 (906 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, things are very unbalanced. If I'm playing as GDI, I basically have NO counter to the Nod cyborg until I get a sniper. GDI really needs more infantry that are strong against infantry.

I also can't stand how I could be dominating the whole game until the last minute and my opponent can take the win. What the hell? This isn't Mario Kart...

Anyway, I've stopped playing the game. Realized it was causing too much anger. I don't mind loosing occasionally, but when I go with about 10 losses in a row, that's just frustrating.

Message 9 of 10 (891 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

There are two sticking points created due to not having access to unit cards:

1. GDI has no answer to cyborgs until they can gain access to snipers. The only unit counter is riflemen, which are usually obsolete by the time cyborgs are played, and they themselves are counted by a myriad of nod anti infantry options. Rockworms are also awkward early on since orcas and zone troopers are also rare unlocks. MRLS help to prevent the game from getting to cyborgs but also a rare.

2. Nod has no answer to GDI heavy metal (titan/wolverine combos) until they have cyborgs (or possibly rockworms). On the flip side Nod doesn't really have an orca class burst fighter capable of handling these combos. While banshees can be good at managing tanks and a lone titan here and there, they fall short when they are accompanied by wolverines or even missile squads.

In both cases you can try to soft counter via abilities like ion cannons and catalyst missiles, but they are only temporary relief.

Message 10 of 10 (874 Views)