Re: NOD Scarabs in Champions

by DarkGarithos

Original Post

NOD Scarabs in Champions

★★★ Newbie

I just played one match of Champions against a player who used NOD Scarabs, and ONLY scarabs the entire match. He easily occupied all three launch pads, and since they are "defending" they always attack first and destroy any unit i send in one hit. I keep wasting resourced sending Rhinos in attempts to destroy the Scarabs, but to no avail.

The problem with Scarabs is they cost 30 Tiberium and can be easily abused to take control of the early game. They can destroy almost anything early game in one *, and it takes two hits to kill them, but they always fire first before my units can ever get into position to fire back.

I propose one of two solutions to NOD Scarabs:

1. Increase their Tiberium cost to double what they are now, from 30 to 60 Tiberium.

2. Ban them completely from Champions events.

Message 1 of 6 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I highly disagree. You had a WF deck, you let him take control in the early game.

Dogs/Inf could have been your savior, but you favored your deck obviously against those two unit typs for something else, which I can only assume, must be tech units.

Scarabs are barely used at all in higher leagues and they get outgunned pretty easily, setting the other player off either into an eco disadvantage or defensive position, which leads you to charge the missile or plan your next engagements.

There are many other units, which surely could need a nerf, like the complete op Inferno, but scarabs are nowhere near any suitable reason to get nerfed.

Message 2 of 6 (454 Views)

★★★ Newbie
what is "WF deck"? And even if I could counter scarabs, by the time I do they'll have counters to all my other units which I cannot counter back because they screw me over in the first 30 seconds. first 30 seconds determine winners in Champions, and if they have scarabs, they automatically win.
Message 3 of 6 (446 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EvErLoyaLEagLE wrote:

I just played one match of Champions against a player who used NOD Scarabs, and ONLY scarabs the entire match. He easily occupied all three launch pads, and since they are "defending" they always attack first and destroy any unit i send in one hit. I keep wasting resourced sending Rhinos in attempts to destroy the Scarabs, but to no avail.

The problem with Scarabs is they cost 30 Tiberium and can be easily abused to take control of the early game. They can destroy almost anything early game in one *, and it takes two hits to kill them, but they always fire first before my units can ever get into position to fire back.

I propose one of two solutions to NOD Scarabs:

1. Increase their Tiberium cost to double what they are now, from 30 to 60 Tiberium.

2. Ban them completely from Champions events.

You might’ve been playing me. Lol. I do that sometimes. It’s kinda funny when it works. But there are tons of counters. War Dogs are best. 

Message 4 of 6 (439 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Come to this link, read up, and you too can laugh at someone who dares to bring scarabs Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/gt-IF-YOU-ARE-HAVING-TROUBLE-WITH-SCARABS-CLICK-HERE-lt/m...

But yea, scarabs suck and need a buff, not a nerf. But they will never get either because at top tier they get no play and bottom tier they are abusive to newer players.
Message 5 of 6 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i encounter few player using scarab but i still win, just use long range units, like sniper, mg squad, mlrs, giga and so on.

Message 6 of 6 (364 Views)