Re: NOD is utter bul@shi$

by BattaIia

Original Post

NOD IS SOME * *

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Own everyone of the command and conquers for pc and xbox/PlayStation but the one if [Edit - Admin.] game

Message 1 of 8 (477 Views)

NOD is utter [Edit - Admin.]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Own everyone of the command and conquers for pc and xbox/PlayStation but the one if [Edit - Admin.] game

Message 2 of 8 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I am not sure what gives you the impression that Flame Tanks or Rock Worms are cheap to build. They aren't.

To counter Flame Tanks:

Use anything that is strong against vehicles, but which is not an infantry unit. For example, Orcas and Banshees work well. You could also use tanks (Predator, Scorpion).

To counter Rock Worms:

Use anything that is strong against vehicles, but which is not a vehicle itself. Again, Orcas and Banshees work well. You could also use infantry (Missile or Laser Squads, Zone Troopers, Cyborgs, ...)

To counter the Obelisk of Light:
You could attack it with air units, since it cannot defend itself against those. Also, you could move your units out of its reach.

Message 3 of 8 (469 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think also for obelisk you gotta remember that it's a lot more paper than it seems to be, shocks/flames actually do decent damage to the obelisk, especially if the opponent doesn't place the obelisk well.

Message 4 of 8 (460 Views)

★★★★ Guide
the problem with the game is your only limited to X amount of cards to use which suck right from the get go
you dont know if your going against someone who has flames or all air or whatever
the entire game needs an over haul really bad
Message 5 of 8 (434 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@punishertrd wrote:
the problem with the game is your only limited to X amount of cards to use which suck right from the get go
you dont know if your going against someone who has flames or all air or whatever
the entire game needs an over haul really bad

There is no unit in the game that does not have a counter found in the first 15 levels. Sure, going against something you don't know about sucks, but you do have the tools to succeed. 

Message 6 of 8 (429 Views)

Re: NOD IS SOME * *

★★★★★ Guide
GDI mostly has an equivalent unit to all of NOD. They might work slightly different, but it's there.

nod flame tank / gdi disruptor
nod rock worm / gdi titan

Currently the win ratings for both factions is pretty close to 50%. The only time NOD sees a noticeable higher percent is in the low tiers when people play against NOD for the first time and don't understand the units or their counters yet.
Message 7 of 8 (441 Views)

Re: NOD IS SOME * *

★★★ Guide

It does balance out eventually - but, as an example, after playing for weeks I just unlocked the disruptor.  That doesn't mean I can use it - just unlocked it.  Now I have to get shards - and level it so that eventually field a unit with decent health and damage.

And playing against NOD - those 10 tib Cheese War dogs really are necessary when there's such a difference in level.

I definitely win more with NOD then GDI - my NOD ranking have always been above - but it's specifically because I feel the NOD units let you go for a Base win or a missile win - where as (at my level at least) I can only go for a missile win and a stiff defense when playing against NOD.  Still, now, 1 in 10 wins have come from a cheese Drill pod that goes unnoticed at the enemy base... I mean really?  But there you have it - a path to victory you can practically set and forget about.

At the top levels I'm sure there's an entirely different discussion - but being f2p and working up the ranks against players 15-25 player levels higher can be brutal...

Message 8 of 8 (433 Views)