NHL18 Slow in 5 against 5 PS4 and gameplay broken

by noratio

Original Post

NHL18 Slow in 5 against 5 PS4 and gameplay broken

★★★ Apprentice

FInally bought NHL 18 for a good deal (I thought it would be) to realized this is the worst version of NHL 18 ever. 

First, the game is the same graphically as last year.  We should not have to buy the same game twice.

Second, the gameplay (control) is so broken.  Last year was perfect.  Why they changed the buttons for the player to interact with the puck? What was wrong with last year's?  We can't push the puck properly, we can't trick the player from left to right real quick like last years (hard to explain).

Third and most important one; the game is SOOOOO slow when 5 against 5 it's unbelievable.  I am not sure if it's because there are too many pixels onscreen for the PS4 to run the whole thing, a FPS issue or again the dev that thought the slowing down characters would look more realistic.  If it's the case, it's really not how it should be in game that should be fast pace.  3 against 3 is way more fluid, but no one is playing.  You have to wait 10 minutes to find an opponents.

In the end, I don't know what EA thought.  They should have just release the game with the Vegas team as an addition and that would have be better.

In summary; we need the gameplay from last year and please SPEED UP the game.  We don't care about the assistance or the arena; we want a game that works and that is fast pace.

Thanks and hope EA will fix this and also release a Nintendo Switch version.

Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: NHL18 Slow in 5 against 5 PS4 and gameplay broken

★★★ Apprentice

As for now and as a permanent solution, I sold NHL 18 and reverted to NHL 17.  When EA fixes the game(speed and controls). I'll buy it again.  They can PM us in this thread.  I just read they slowed down the game on purpose apparently, so I am out.  Hockey is a fast pace action game.  I don't want a simulation, but have fun when I play.  When want it real, I jump on the skate ring.

Also next time, will be great to have a demo that plays the real game before buying it.  NHL 3 was fast, so we all thought with the beta it would be the same in the 5 against 5 and EA would fix the controls and gameplay before launching the game.

Message 2 of 2 (278 Views)