NHL EASHL Drop-In

by tjm118511

Original Post

NHL EASHL Drop-In

★★★ Newbie

Can you play the NHL version of EASHL drop-in?  I don't want to play outside, I want to play NHL.  Did they remove that mode?  The EASHL drop in only has the outdoor version, am I missing something??

Message 1 of 5 (1,919 Views)

Re: NHL EASHL Drop-In

Hero

@tjm118511

Drop in is only on outdoor rinks. Club is normal. It’s part of the world of chel theme this year...pick up pond hockey for drop is the idea, then a more competitive club experience is the next step in skill progression. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My word....really!!??! No EASHL!?!?!? I find it incredible that EA wants to disown loyal gamers who have supported the franchise since inception, in favour of the pay to win crowd, but I guess money talks. I can't believe there aren't more people interested in playing NHL online against other people without any frills or nonsense. Pond hockey?!?!? Who is the idiot? It's called NHL! What do you think people want? I guess you figure they want pretty much ANYTHING but NHL. Been playing since 93 but every year there is less and less to keep me coming back and right now, it sure seems like the end of the line. While i'm at it, why doesn't the guy programming this silliness actually watch an NHL game? Just once? Please????

Message 3 of 5 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is a major misstep by EA.

I don't want to play on a club. 

For years, since NHL '12 - where i fell in love with EASHL - i have done drop ins with, i would say, 97% randoms. There is a bit of beauty in

playing with randoms, as well as the annoying aspect of it. No strings attached, no syncing up schedules to play with club members.

I'd still rather play in NHL rinks, being able to choose my jersey. I will probably level my player up to 50 for the trophy, then forget 

about this, when we can barely get 6v6 on PS4

Message 4 of 5 (1,730 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too mostly play drop-ins, and the novelty of playing full contact hockey in pajamas, outdoors has worn off long ago. Pond hockey may work for the more arcade-like modes like Ones, but NOT the EASHL. NHL has been my go-to game since the early 90s, but my interest has been steadily dropping since 2015. I play this game for sim hockey and if EASHL drop-ins don't offer an authentic NHL experience next year, I will not buy it.

Message 5 of 5 (1,496 Views)