Re: NHL 94 Rewind

by Squarejaw34

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

After spending hours on Friday on Amazon chat, I was told there was absolutely nothing they could do over chat to help me, they could not forward me to the promotions team, I had to wait for email.  In response getting the email above, and providing the info, I got a response yesterday:

“Based on the nature of your query the best way to solve with the problem you are describing about is by giving us a chat or call so that we would be able to identify the exact root cause of the problem and assist you accordingly, which might fix this issue right away.

When you contact us live we can confirm the DSN of device, app version then assist you accordingly with steps to resolve this for you.​

Please understand issue like this require a real time communication and without knowing the reason behind the error, over email I do not want to send you unwanted action or instruction which might cause inconvenience to you.“

So apparently not only was it possible to contact promotions via chat, it was the best way. Also, I’m obviously still getting the generic script run around from Amazon, who don’t even understand the nature of the problem. 

So I got a little annoyed and replied:

Stop reading from the script and listen. I preordered a video game (EA’s NHL 21 for PS4). EA gave you codes to include with every preorder of that game. Amazon’s responsibility (and I imagine contractual obligation) was to email those codes to each account that preordered the game. 

EA has a representative that has been talking with Amazon for the last week about this issue. That representative has been updating a forum on EA’s site telling us that Amazon now understands where the communication chain broke down, and Amazon will now pass along the preorder codes. 

That means your next step is simple: locate the codes, select one that has not already been passed out, and send it to me via email. You don’t need any more information from me. 
Message 101 of 166 (769 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This entire process is just unacceptable. It's been almost a month and no results I look back on this entire process and say to myself im 49 and trying to get a game I enjoyed with my best friend{who passed away}  when I was in my twenties. No one thinks this is a big deal but it was a big deal to me. I appreciate Blueberry trying to help but this is the last time I look at this forum. If I get an email hooray.

Message 102 of 166 (752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate you trying to help us.

One question: I pre-ordered from another retailer than Amazon (local Czech shop http://konzoliste.cz/) and didn't receive a code, their support told me they didn't receive it from whoever their wholesaler is and there's nothing they can do about it.

Is there anything you can do for me, if my issue isn't with Amazon?

Rad
@andrejdwin 

PS4

Message 103 of 166 (744 Views)

Community Manager
@andrejdwin We must ask you to contact that local shop you pre-ordered it from for a pre-order code they were responsible to provide you.
Blueberry.png
Message 104 of 166 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the reply.

we both know that's not gonna help.

but I understand there's nothing you can do either.

if you have any way to communicate internally at EAS to the people who are making these decision: I would appreciate if you let them know there's a ton of very unhappy customers (a lot of us longtime NHL buyers) who got let down because the logistics of distributing Rewind codes just weren't that well thought through it seems. would be great if they tried to come up with a better system next time, also if they just gave out the Rewind game to everything, preordered or not. 

Message 105 of 166 (716 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberryany luck resolving this with Amazon today? Thanks. 

Message 106 of 166 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And now it’s Tuesday.   Any updates?

Jason

Message 107 of 166 (653 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@discoursian I got the same response yesterday when trying to contact Amazon
Message 108 of 166 (647 Views)

★ Apprentice

We are creeping up on month of dealing with this.  Just be honest with us - if it was a failure on every level and there is nothing that can be done (although all that has to happen is for EA to issue codes via a message through PSN - I don't see what's so hard about this.  It ensures that everybody who preordered gets what they deserve), just tell us and stop stringing us along.  Enough damage has been done that even if you issue the code tomorrow most of us would still leave with an awful taste in our mouths.

Just say "We can't get our * together and we screwed all of you over." Then we can stop bookmarking this thread, give up any hope of EA, Amazon, GameStop, etc. doing the right thing and go back to face our lives during this holiday quarantine (without the thing we were looking forward to bringing us some joy DURING the quarantine).

I for one will never preorder a game from EA again.  And truly, NONE of us needed this added aggravation during this time.  This has become a total joke.

Message 109 of 166 (600 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

Jumping in here to let you know this hasn't been abandoned and it's still being invested at higher levels within EA & Amazon. I haven't received any updates yet as it's still being looked into, our deepest apologies for advising you it was addressed when it appears it's not. I have this thread as a top priority for my day-to-day tasks, so the moment I hear any info on what exactly happened to the emails that were supposed to be sent out I'll let you know. It must be hard to be told to wait and be patience when it's been this long, but please continue to do so while we track down a solution for you all as soon as possible. 

Blueberry.png
Message 110 of 166 (557 Views)