Re: NHL 21 - hint for EA

by JeremiahJr1313

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Wow, I really didn't expect your "we'll keep an eye out for it" here. So far, it's been anything but cooperation as I read few entries here.

I'm so off to play hut lately, haven't played online for few days, stuck in 4th div, 96 overall, after losing 5-6games in a row with the same scenario over and over again, wasn't playing with players but trolls that hide behind the net, so called glitchers, switching players and letting AI do the work for them (it's not season mode for God' sake!!!).

I just gave up, it's just ridiculous, waste of my time, frustrating instead of fun.

I'm in touch with few players that have the same problem. Two of them are blocked here and there, and can't post to prove their point and tell you directly this. I've written down few user names they played with and who major in this "game boost gaining thing". If you have a way to do that, you can't examine their lines, results and recent games. Everyone of them uses the same scheme in builing lines - lowering the overall (in general to playing style - keep the puck deep, showing that stats doesn't matter in this game while the game adv thing in on), just to get a game slow (make 99ers slow and playing like they were tipsy) and take advantage that's (supposed to be) for rookies and them keeping up with better players (yeah, yeah, you told us, nothing like that exsist).

Listen to this - from what I've just heard, Fins have a yt tutorial how to get an adv in NHL20, I'm hoping to get a link for it Large smile Large smile So funny!

Here you go. List of shamefull players: [Removed]

Yes, this is how angry they are, they make list Large smile It's published on one of fb groups, nothing secret here.

Edit: Please do not post gamertags/PSN IDs. That's considered naming and shaming. This breaks the following rule:

Don't "name and shame." If you see a suspected cheater, please report them by using the appropriate tools. We can't take any action against such accounts on Answers HQ, and such posts can lead to harassment.

Please keep this in mind going forward. Thank you - CM

Message 21 of 33 (751 Views)

Community Manager

@JeremiahJr1313 

Thanks for the additional details. If we have any news, we'll update here, but so far, there is no evidence showing that there is a boost for using lower overall players.

Aljo.png
Message 22 of 33 (729 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry about that, I can send you names privately, if needed.

Just letting you know, from my perspective - it's not only that low rated skate faster. It's more like there was a player's speed penalty on ~99ers (also shot/pass acc., goalie attributes, etc.). It's like their skill was suddenly around 70-75. But it's my feeling, I get that everyone experiancing this may get it slightly different.

Message 23 of 33 (722 Views)

Community Manager

@JeremiahJr1313 

Thanks for the info. If I have any news, I'll let you know, but so far this is just a theory and due to confirmation bias.

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 33 (715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You have a lot to do guys, if you really wanna straight this thing out. Sometimes this "game advantage thing" is just too much.

Another story picturing this problem. 95 overall vs a team with 3-4 98-99ers, most of the the team 93-95, 2-3 89-90, 99 Roy defended by 90 Lindell and 84 Phaneuf Large smile  Played with feeling where you struggle to keep your team skating straight, not positioning well. Penalties in most of the contacts, but not the best skilled opponent I must say. He got a one timer goal and game it got even 3min before the game. Most of OT on powerplay, but with this frustrating feeling of the players having not sharpen blades, broken stick or being hangover Large smile

Have a look at the video. How this warrior (Large smile) from Finland won the game in penalty shots with a puck in goalie's glove, but light on (not even close to goal line). Hilarious. Nothing going on there? And you still don't believe sth wrong here? Large smile

PS I talked to one of the Fins and he told me that it requires very good skill to win in this kind of play. He's in Div1 with 2nd team in div2 (overall 86).

Message 25 of 33 (685 Views)

Community Manager

@JeremiahJr1313 

Can you make the video public? I'll take a look at it.

Aljo.png
Message 26 of 33 (677 Views)

★ Apprentice

Done.

Message 27 of 33 (670 Views)

Community Manager

@JeremiahJr1313 

It's hard to tell from that video, but most likely the puck was in the glove when it passed over the goal line. Thankfully, this is rare, but obviously it can happen. Hopefully, it'll be resolved for future games.

Aljo.png
Message 28 of 33 (665 Views)

★ Apprentice

Haha, it's easy to tell. Stop the frame when the glove is catching. Unfair win, again...

Message 29 of 33 (663 Views)

Community Manager

@JeremiahJr1313 

Without changing the camera angle, I can't tell for sure if the glove goes over the line, but I've seen this happen before so most likely that's the case.

Aljo.png
Message 30 of 33 (653 Views)