Re: NHL 21 Patch Notes (1.01)

by HealthyWhisky

Original Post

NHL 21 Patch Notes (1.01)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, NHL 21 fans.

An update went live for PS4 on 10/20 at 10AM PT. This update went out for Xbox users on 10/21 at 10AM PT.

General

• Fixed an issue where HUT & Creation Zone icon would be missing on the PS4 System when going into game prior to the full game installing

Gameplay

General

• Fixed issues where the skating style preview animations weren't displaying the slider adjustments properly

Sticking Checking

• Fixed a case where sometimes pokechecks would not go the direction intended
  • Fixed an issue with defensive skill stick tripping logic

HUT

Auction House

• Fixed an issue where a user would sometimes crash when purchasing an item in the auction house

World of CHEL

General

• Fixed stability issues found in post game UI

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 48 (1,760 Views)

★★★ Guide

Was hoping for BAP and FM fixes since the two modes are unplayable. 

Getting drafted 1st overall while only playing 4 games sure does take away any sense of accomplishment. 

not being able to work and grind through junior seasons to prove yourself in the draft leaves the mode pretty empty. 

Failing/completing challenges in BAP before even meeting/failing the criteria is also surprising. 

Being in the Calder race despite being in your 5th season is pretty oddball too 

not being able to scout prospects properly is sure rewarding. 

not being able to edit players after FM started, to have generated prospects better match their attributes is also nifty. Nothing like having a playmaking centre with bad passing and bad face offs but good speed and shooting stats, and not being able to change him to a sniper. 

infinite stamina is pretty nifty. 

it’s amazing how bugged the game on release, even for an EA nhl game 

Message 2 of 48 (1,743 Views)

★ Apprentice

When will the new Senators and VGK jerseys be added? 

Message 3 of 48 (1,723 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry When will coop be added back to HUT? Can you at least allow share play in Rush?
Message 4 of 48 (1,706 Views)

Community Manager
@SkylerJames13 The infinite stamina issue is being looked into by the team, however if you change the Be A Pro setting to Classic it should fix that.

Appreciate the feedback on BAP & FM, we'll pass along those thoughts as I've seen other players mention similar requests.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 48 (1,660 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
@SkylerJames13The infinite stamina issue is being looked into by the team, however if you change the Be A Pro setting to Classic it should fix that.

Appreciate the feedback on BAP & FM, we'll pass along those thoughts as I've seen other players mention similar requests.

Are they going to look into the missing injuries page? The newsfeed to see who’s been traded, injured etc?

also the trade request? 
will they have more than 1 other team, besides your current team, offers you a contract in FA? 
will they make it so you aren’t coddled and automatically made the best player ever? I simmed 6 seasons and literally didn’t do anything like traits etc and I became a 97ovr goalie. Where’s the fun or sense of accomplishment if you don’t even need to play the game to become the best? 

Message 6 of 48 (1,644 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, just bring back online co-op for hut.

Message 7 of 48 (1,635 Views)

Community Manager
@SkylerJames13 We've seen a lot of players on the forums request a newsfeed for being trades, injured, etc so they don't have to watch the scrolling bar.

The idea behind Be A Pro is to become a star in the NHL. Simming 6 seasons is not something most people will do, as they will play the game and may sim here and there, but simming full seasons is likely not an area the team dedicated time into to perfect.
Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 48 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Yeah of course the point of be a pro is to become a star. But shouldn’t we feel a sense of accomplishment? Shouldn’t we have to prove ourselves to become the star? 

why is 2-6 games supposedly enough to prove our worthiness to be drafted first overall? There’s no hard work to get drafted. I played 4 games as a defenseman and was far from spectacular and was still drafted first. That’s so boring. 

And the scrolling bar isn’t a good feature. It’s bad like the score clock showing who scored and got the assists. You’re trying to play while it is scrolling and showing the info. And if you miss the one second it shows, you can’t scroll back to see. 

Message 9 of 48 (1,620 Views)

Community Manager
@SkylerJames13 Sure, there should definitely be a sense of of accomplishment. I believe with the way the storyline is configured it has to ensure you are drafted higher. We'll relay this feedback to the team. I suppose you could always say the player was a top prospect in the world and despite some rough games, a team still took a shot on him as 1st overall.
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 48 (1,613 Views)