Re: NHL 19

by AliceRabbit1101

Original Post

★ Guide

Sorry Barry, but when a single question goes without a satisfactory answer for a decade, things get a little tense between consumer and corporation. I hope you can understand that.

Message 11 of 25 (2,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Preach brotha
Message 12 of 25 (2,204 Views)

★★ Novice
Whether it be in the EA NHL forums, Operation Sports, or social media there's an overwhelming majority and consensus that True Performance Skating (TPS) is to put it politely, unpopular and to some game crippling.
However it seems every EA response to this overwhelming majority defends TPS and ignores the complaints, kind of a "We've decided on this skating engine and are dug in" attitude.
My question is can you acknowledge that TPS is the most complained about component of the game? And (I doubt you can answer this) but after so many years has there been discussion of scrapping it and reworking skating from the ground up?
Now to my personal feelings on the skating, I think a major part of the problem is that skating feels like a chore as opposed to a way of moving the player. There's a constant feeling of fighting the skating engine as opposed to the other team. This combined with the feeling of pulling a sled behind you make TPS just fundamentally unpleasant
Message 13 of 25 (2,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with you (AJDIPerri96) on everything you said, but especially the goal celebrations.  In FIFA, in most cases, 5-7 players at a time converge to celebrate with the goal scorer and it is one of the most rewarding feelings you can have in a sports game.  Why have we not been able to have this feature in any of the NHL editions, since NHL '11??  It really makes no sense.  I love the NHL series for the realistic game play it attempts to portray, but the immersive atmosphere goes off like a light switch when a goal is scored.  I cringe every time I see the other 3 players skate away like nothing happened, when a goal is scored.  Sure, we might get a stick lift up in the air to acknowledge the goal, but that is it.  Who cares about a cut scene showing the mascot dancing around.  You never see that in a real life game.  It would be so amazing to see goal reactions based on the importance of the goal as well.  The celebrations should vary when a goal is scored while up 4-0 versus scoring a tie-breaker late in the 3rd period.  The crowd should have improved IQ as well and react differently based on the situation and score of the game.  Again, something that is a part of an authentic NHL atmosphere.

Another improvement I would like to see, are the board battles.  Most games are won or lost against the boards.  It would be great to see the defense pinching in to keep the puck in the offensive zone late in the game when a goal is desperately needed.  This would include seeing players mashing against the boards to keep the puck in the opposing zone on power plays, etc.  This is something you see all of the time during the course of an NHL game.  The puck gets dumped into the corners and battles begin.  It factors into the strategy many teams with size or speed use in the NHL and it would be great to see that developed more for the NHL series. 

It would also be great to see genuine reactions from opposing teams when you crash the net or jab at their goalie.  Again, it's another aspect of the game you see all of the time in real life, but it is surprisingly absent in the NHL series.  Hopefully we start to see some of these issues addressed.  It would really add to the experience and replay value of the game.  Fingers crossed for NHL '19 to make some serious strides this year.  

Message 14 of 25 (2,119 Views)

★ Apprentice

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/9/17444812/ea-play-e3-2018-trailers-anthem-battlefield-5-fifa-nba-...

Why no announcemnets at E3 or GamerChangers events???

just waiting for NHL awards night???

PC and Roster Sharing would be nice to see

Perhaps Longer Roster Updates (its been 2 months now)

Message 15 of 25 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since i play goalie alot, i focus on choosing customizing your own stance (like how far your pads apart are and where your hands are or how far up or down you go) or just add newer stances. Murray, Darling, Mrazek, Vasielevskiy? Big names need their stances in the game.

Message 16 of 25 (1,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i mean, its true. You guys do everything for all your other sports titles but seem to leave NHL on the backburners. Every. Single. Year. We are becoming fed up with this bs.
Message 17 of 25 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
yea they said awards night
Message 18 of 25 (1,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Barry, i think Killers point is a concern. After rewadimg through the community board and your responses, most of them are generic. A more explantory response from peoples suggestions, thoughts, ideas, etc... would be welcomed by you.

Message 19 of 25 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Novice
Are you guys going to address the CREATE Ideas at all???
Message 20 of 25 (1,601 Views)