Re: NFS 2019 10 things i want to be fixed and added

by BLVD69

Original Post

NFS 2019 10 things i want to be fixed and added

★★★★ Guide

1. The map has/needs to stick to the street racing scene.In one of my previous posts i said that roads of the map should be divided in half where 50% is the city and the other half are highways and mountain roads. 

2. The map needs to be smaller! Now,before some say the it should be bigger let me say that there is no point of having a huge map where there is not that big amount of races to keep us race through every single road.

Plus,there are FPS issues because of that,even on high end PCs.

3.No hypercars (i am looking at you,Regera) Racing hypercars totally kills the street racing scene. 

Street racing should stick to mid to high range cars,not over powered ones. 

Now,i am not whining about people driving Regeras and ruining speedlists because you can give me a freaking Volvo 242 i will race those cars. BUT,please no hypercars in the next game, for the love of god.

4.No re-inflates I got hit by a spike strip and as i thought i was done, abra kadabra my tires re-inflated! WHAT THE HELL?! 

I mean,not being busted is good but seriously,where is the freaking logic in having them when my tires re-inflate right after we get hit. 

If most players are a bunch of cowards and don`t want to take the BUSTED screen like a man,play something else. 

5.One character only to be played I like the idea of having multiple played characters but a bunch of people say GTA V. 

Do we really need more than one? 

6.NO...FREAKING...CARDS One of the most irritating feature of the game are the cards. What is wrong with having parts like in 2015.

7.Vanity items They should be sold in shops as regular parts,i want those from the very beginning!

8.The story It should be a continuation to Payback because there are too much story holes,we need to see what Marcus is up to in Arkwright,who is the Collector really (PLEASE LET IT BE DARIUS)

9.The handling It is a lot more improved but it should still be worked on. Carbon is the real good handling example for an arcade racer.

10.Drag races I love the fact that they are back but in Payback there is no freaking way that those could be called drag races,there should be no curves!

Those races should take place at the strip not on places with ups and downs along with curves. 

They should be straight only!

Message 1 of 21 (2,888 Views)

★★ Expert

@Luka0101998

I gotta say I liked a lot of your idea's.

Sadly and you know how this always plays out with E.A.

People make thousands of suggestions for the next game.

Then E.A. takes a few ideas and the game comes out & people make more lists again.

So the epic Customer wish list never ends with no real happiness for most players.

I do appreciate your positive ideas & grand desires for the next game.

Let's just hope you get at least three of your items added for the next game!

Until then Rock Hard & Ride Free!

Regards

BLVD69

Message 2 of 21 (2,819 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

2. The map size was fine for me, but not bigger

3. agree with you completely, do not like hypercars

4. re-inflates should work temporarily and only once and only on runners. this way you have say 30 seconds to escape. once they give out your car should come to a complete stop. also without re-inflates the car should come to a complete stop. another idea would be the difficulty level changing the availability of re-inflates. i do agree the re-inflates nullified the effects of a spike strips. sometimes i would purposely run over a spike to spice things up because i knew it wasn't permanent.

5. 1 or 3 does not matter to me. 1 would be more logical

6. Agree 100% no cards,

7. Agree 100%

8. Agree, also Darius being the collector would be interesting.

10. agree

i would like a blacklist in the next need for speed, maybe have the collector as number 1 with some familiar characters from MW and Carbon

Message 3 of 21 (2,786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

1.  I disagree, I think the next game should be set entirely in rural areas. Having racing games take place in urban areas isn't practical, it slows the entire pacing down and forces designers to make a binary choice of either creating a realistic city that isn't fun to race in or creating a city designed for racing that doesn't feel like a city and thus defeats the whole purpose. In contrast rural areas allow you to drive at very high speeds and they aren't very densely populated, thus less chance from people getting in the way or calling the police, which is why 90% of real street races take place there.

2. I agree, it's better to have a smaller map that you can explore every inch of rather than a big one that's mostly locked off by invisible walls or resets. However this is a racing game, cars move fast, so scaling things down too much isn't good either unless you want to discover every road in the first hour.

3. Oh great, another hypercar bigot. Yeah good idea, let's make a racing game called Need For SPEED but leave out the fast cars just so the Paul Walker fanboys don't feel insecure in their riced out Civics. Nevermind the fact that hypercars have been in the series since before most of you were even born, unlike this "urban street culture" nonsense which has only been around since the Black Box days.

Reality check, there is no rule (written or otherwise) that says hypercar owners can't go street racing, that's just in your head because you get all your information about street racing from Underground 2.

4. I agree that reinflating tires don't make much sense, but losing your tires instantly after hitting a spike strip doesn't make much sense either, especially since most of these cars use performance tires designed to be extremely durable.

5. We don't, that's true. Having three protagonists is pointless, it just segregates the content for no reason. I can't go street racing unless I switch to Franklin or Tyler first, it's stupid, it doesn't work in any game: GTA or NFS.

6. I agree, it's a bad system. Fortunately, if the government keeps pressuring companies to drop the loot box system there's a good chance you might get your wish.

7. I agree with this as well but it likely won't happen, in fact I think they might become harder to obtain in the next game since they'll likely be the only things obtainable from micro-transactions. The Battlefront II controversy was a wake-up call for companies trying to lock content away behind micro-transactions, however cosmetics are a different story.

8. Oh screw that, the story and characters in Payback were awful.

- Tyler is the most dull protagonist imaginable, he's only there to fill the generic street-savvy white guy (Paul Walker) stereotype with less personality than a block of stone.

- Jessica is easily the worst character ever featured in the series, everything about her from the way she looks, the way she talks, her interactions with the other characters, all of it pretty much screams "I was created by a feminist" and it's irritating as hell.

- Mac is probably the only likeable character, he's not completely oblivious to everything around him but he's not a drama queen like the other two either, he's even funny on occasion. However that's mostly due to the contrast he has with the other two protagonists, I doubt he could stand on his own.

Racing games don't need a story at all, they just need a well structured career mode, NFS Porsche is a good example.

9. The handling is rubbish. The crashes, the drifts, the cop takedowns, everything relies on scripts and feels extremely artificial and extremely unpredictable as a result. How hard is it to develop a physics engine Ghost? Everybody else has done it, even the blokes who made Mario Kart.

10. I agree. Also perfect shifting shouldn't add nitrous, that makes absolutely no sense. In fact, perfect shifting should be removed altogether, let the player find out when it's best to shift in order to get the quickest time, that's the whole point of drag racing.

Message 4 of 21 (2,696 Views)

★★★ Guide

1.  The majority of real street races take place in rural areas, because they are less populated and the roads are more enjoyable. Racing games set in urban areas aren't practical, it slows the entire pacing down and forces designers to make a binary choice of either creating a realistic city that isn't fun to race in or creating a city designed for racing that doesn't feel like a city and thus defeats the whole purpose.

2. I agree, it's better to have a smaller map that you can explore every inch of rather than a big one that's mostly locked off by invisible walls or resets. However this is a racing game, cars move fast, so scaling things down too much isn't good either unless you want to discover every road in the first hour.

3. Yeah good idea, let's make a racing game called Need For SPEED but leave out the fast cars just so the Paul Walker fanboys don't feel insecure in their tuned Civics. Forget the fact that hypercars have been in the series since before most of them were born, unlike this "urban street culture" nonsense which has only been around since the Black Box days.

Reality check, there is no rule (written or otherwise) that says hypercar owners can't go street racing, stop getting all your information about street racing from Underground 2.

4. I agree that reinflating tires don't make much sense, but losing your tires instantly after hitting a spike strip doesn't make much sense either, especially since most of these cars use performance tires designed to be extremely durable.

5. I agree, pointless.

6. This is also true, you might get your wish if the gambling bills pass.

7. Probably won't happen, the Battlefront II controversy was a wake-up call for companies trying to lock content away behind micro-transactions but cosmetics are a different story.

8. I disagree. Racing games don't need a story, they need a well structured career system.

9. The handling is awful. it relies on scripts and feels very artificial and unpredictable as a result, they need to stop being lazy and develop a physics engine.

10. I agree with this completely.

Message 5 of 21 (2,762 Views)

★★ Expert

@mrtun3r

So to sum all you were really saying in a neat package.

You dislike the scale size of cars, the map, the lack of cars.

You dislike (Fanboys) of Paul Walker.

No need to pick on an actor who passed away.

I found this kind of mean of you to say about fans of Paul Walker.

You do have the Hypercar facts right, but you know this is a video game, not real life hypercars.

You don't like the storylines or the handling of the cars.

I disagree with you, not every game needs a career mode.

E.A. should just bring back open world challenges like we use to have in NFS World Online from 2010 to 2015?

Dropping the storyline altogether.

However, the idea of many video games like this is to create a movie script role for the player.

That's why E.A. invested in scriptwriters on B grade level to create a movie in the gameplay.

So again why did you buy the game if all you do is complain about it?

I'm sure you can find some racing game you desire to play that please's you're every ideal in a game

If I mis-read your points you made..please let me know, I'd be glad to respond to fix any errors in my post.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 6 of 21 (2,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

You are correct for the most part, a few things:

- I was going to call them "ricers" but that word is overused and misused as hell, I thought I'd at least try to be vaguely original.

- This being a videogame (more so, a racing game) is precisely why they'd have no excuse for excluding hypercars. It boggles my mind what person can call themselves a car enthusiast yet be bigoted against hypercars for excelling in performance.

- Regarding the progression system I think NFS Porsche had the best one. Coincidentally it also had a story mode, but it was just a set of challenges with some backstory, nothing dramatic or complicated.

- I complain about it because the series is in a slump. Because I'm a long time fan of the series and I want it to get better. Also as terrible as Payback is it's nowhere near as bad as NFS 2015, it does feel like Ghost is at least trying to head in the right direction.

Not sure what you meant about the "scale size of cars"

Message 7 of 21 (2,732 Views)

★★★ Guide

@mrtun3r   "3. Yeah good idea, let's make a racing game called Need For SPEED but leave out the fast cars just so the Paul Walker fanboys don't feel insecure in their tuned Civics."

... I LOL'd at this

Message 8 of 21 (2,722 Views)

★★ Expert

@mrtun3r

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I would also agree with you on the fact that Hypercars should have show case in the game & is missing.

I am a huge muscle car guy in real life and in games. Big Block, Small block bored out to the max Engines and shift kits....all good.

Cars are like adrenaline to me. 

You make another good point I must fully agree on.

N.F.S. Porsche had a great progression system....loved that game!

The game was for the most part straightforward in challenges.

I understand that E.A. is biased with the Foreign car automakers and they have dismissed the American muscle cars.

I mean I like some Rice Cars like the Toyota makes and models AE86 & MR2 are sorely missing in this game.

It's sad to me E.A. lost that contract to keep them in the game.

I will also give you kudos that the game is in a slump, but not all is lost either....even if it the game feels like it's on training wheels.

Hopefully, E.A. will one day soon, just get a group of smart people who can bring back the glory days of this franchise.

Thanks for your honest and best post to date!

Take care

Regards

BLVD69

Message 9 of 21 (2,714 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

As much as I'd like to blame EA for Ferrari and Toyota missing, it's not their fault for once.

For Ferrari, they've always been a bunch of stuck-up Italian snobs. They've earned it, it's the most powerful brand in the world. Unfortunately that also gives them an upper hand in negotiations, which often include restrictions to visual car damage, restrictions to paint, restrictions to aftermarket parts, restrictions to performance mods, basically a lot of strings attached. Not worth it.

As for Toyota, it's just their current management being stupid. Their CEO believes that featuring production cars in games makes them obsolete in real life, hence why they don't appear in any racing game anymore, not just NFS. Hopefully their current CEO will commit seppuku soon and we can get them back.

Message 10 of 21 (2,705 Views)