NERF CHEMBUGGY

by thealcani

Original Post

Re: NERF CHEMBUGGY

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

chembuggy is to strong.. it seems like u didnt watch any of my games. it just wins games on its own. specialy because it has raider. Unbelievable u are unable to see that just because most tib players are p2w guys without any skill or brain... to bad and srsly most of the games i lose are because enemie is running chembuggys. there is no other unit killing infanterie like that and it needs some balancing! i just played another 5 games and at least 3 of them got desided by chembuggy. if u cant relize it u are blind. buggy cuz a reaction if u just play infanterie instat your enemie goes lol and counters it with wheels or wardogs also buggys are fast and have raider. your flametroops dont.

Message 31 of 67 (797 Views)

★ Guide

GDI doesn't seem to have the anti-inantry version of the chem buggy now does it? I would want to suggest either a Gatling or electric themed anti-infantry vehicle. either a weaker tesla tank or a anti-infantry only gatling tank.

Message 32 of 67 (787 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@BattaIia wrote:
And I did play with chem buggy. I dropped them for flames because chem buggies can't hold pads and are poor value, and synergize poorly with NOD's strong warfactory. I also tried venoms but the same issue persisted.

Out of curiosity, would you tell us what deck(s) you are using?

Message 33 of 67 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@thealcani

Listen, you can scream until you are blue in the face that scarabs are OP. Won't change the fact that it isn't. Same with Chem buggy. You find it doing great value? Awesome! Keep it up. It's a fun unit to use. But it's not consistent enough for top players to consider it viable in the current meta. Why? Sometimes you kill 1 rifleman and they never build another infantry. Score. Sometimes you kill 3 jjt and then lose because something looked at the chem buggy wrong and it died on the pad you asked it to hold when the nuke went critical. Boo. That's why good players prefer chem troopers, they are consistent and reliable. Chem buggy is one of those units that is fun to play, but not in a competitive setting.

@Mister_Crac
Currently my NOD deck is:
Flames/Wheels/Bikes/Scorpion/Stealth Tank/Banshee - Oxanna

but I'm toying around with the basilisk since it is one of the only NOD units that can counter the avatar, and there is SO many avatar players right now it's silly. Thealcani is worried about chem buggies, but the avatar is like a chem buggy for vehicles AND infantry, lol.

As for my GDI, I am running an MG deck centered around the mg team (which is easily shut down by both chem troopers AND chem buggies I might add) and finding good success.  Poor chem buggie players get so angry when they can't get to the mg team as it rips their buggie apart =p but the jade missiles are problematic. 

Message 34 of 67 (776 Views)

@BattaIia wrote:

@thealcani

Listen, you can scream until you are blue in the face that scarabs are OP. Won't change the fact that it isn't. Same with Chem buggy. You find it doing great value? Awesome! Keep it up. It's a fun unit to use. But it's not consistent enough for top players to consider it viable in the current meta. Why? Sometimes you kill 1 rifleman and they never build another infantry. Score. Sometimes you kill 3 jjt and then lose because something looked at the chem buggy wrong and it died on the pad you asked it to hold when the nuke went critical. Boo. That's why good players prefer chem troopers, they are consistent and reliable. Chem buggy is one of those units that is fun to play, but not in a competitive setting.

@Mister_Crac
Currently my NOD deck is:
Flames/Wheels/Bikes/Scorpion/Stealth Tank/Banshee - Oxanna

but I'm toying around with the basilisk since it is one of the only NOD units that can counter the avatar, and there is SO many avatar players right now it's silly. Thealcani is worried about chem buggies, but the avatar is like a chem buggy for vehicles AND infantry, lol.

As for my GDI, I am running an MG deck centered around the mg team (which is easily shut down by both chem troopers AND chem buggies I might add) and finding good success.  Poor chem buggie players get so angry when they can't get to the mg team as it rips their buggie apart =p but the jade missiles are problematic. 

Hmm. What a surprise! You run a NOD deck! 

Message 35 of 67 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Yea, I've run a nod deck and a gdi deck since the day I unlocked NOD? Don't you? And I've mained NOD for the last 4 months? What's the issue? 

Message 36 of 67 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've never run a NOD deck except once after unlock. I didn't like the cheesy units and the stupid voices but that's neither here nor there nor relevant.

My post was in reference to how you always seem to defend NOD when in my experience nod seems to have the upper hand. I lose more games against NOD than GDI. 

Message 37 of 67 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
NOD is stronger than GDI in this meta. In the past one it was GDI by far. Not afraid to admit when I'm ahead. We will see how they nerf wheels because that is what is giving them such a strong advantage in the current meta.
Message 38 of 67 (746 Views)

★ Guide
the top players are definitly not in the top ranks because of all the p2w guys. if u want to see good games u have to look close and if u do u will very fast find out that nod is op and that gdi can only win on high niveau by going lategame. u also will see that scarabs can be very strong if used in a earlygame combo and the chembuggy is op if used correct and not like most pll do just as only counter to barracks... but well u can yell as much as u want that iam wrong but since u didnt bring any good arguments u can f off
Message 39 of 67 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
your argument is litterally "no u" and then you claim that I havn't given any good arguments. Fine.

Why the chem buggy is NOT OP:

Chem Buggy at level 5: Damage 80, Rate of fire: 0.5, Cost: 60 Tiberium
Cyberwheels at level 5: Damage 21, Rate of fire 1.25, Cost: 10 Tiberium

Cyberwheels do 26 damage per second and a chem buggy does 40. Yea, the chem buggy also gets a chem cloud that does AOE damage after a short time, so it definitely ramps up the DPS after it gets started. But when I lose wheels, I don't care at all and if I want can replace them immediately. And when you lose a chem buggy to 2 pred shots or 3 scorpion shots, you are really hurting.

Chem buggy SHINES when attacking rifles, shocks/flames, and snipers.
Chem buggy does okay at attacking rockets/lasers, jjt, mg squad, and chem troopers.
Chem buggy loses to defending grenadiers and wins on defence against grenadiers.
Chem buggy can NOT attack cyborgs or zone troopers, or it will die very quickly.

Meanwhile 1 cyber wheel does great at all the same things a chem buggy does, 2 of them will kill everything a chem buggy does okay against, and 2-3 of them will kill tech infantry.

So not only do cyberwheels greatly excell in the same job as a chem buggy, but they also require little to no micro, and they don't tank your economy each time you need to build one, and finally when you need something quick and zippy to hop on a pad at a critical time, cyberwheels do the trick. You can't afford a chem buggy to hold a pad when you are trying to get out the counters to get them off theirs.

So to sum up, cyberwheels do the job of the chem buggy for cheaper, and with less micro.

Look, a chem buggy is a good unit, don't get me wrong. And in some matchups and maps it can be downright nasty. But it's a glass cannon, much like the giga. There are plenty of strats to defend a chem buggy out there, and there are probably more people that play the chem buggy wrong and lose because of it than are good players that play it well. But none of those facts make the chem buggy OP. The developers released the chem buggy, and EVERYONE freaked out, so they jumped the price to 70 tib. Then the chem buggy was ditched by everyone as it was just too expensive to do it's job. Then they lowered it back down to 60 tib where they felt it was intended again and the community has been okay with it. You are the only person who claims the chem buggy is OP right now.

Finally, no, scarabs are never strong. Scarabs are good against dumb players, nothing more. There isn't a single strategy you can come up with that won't have your scarabs blowing up your own units, or sitting there eating up your own pop cap. There is no arguing that.

Now I await your educated and well worded arguments to the contrary, and not this "no u" you have been slinging in every one of your posts.
Message 40 of 67 (709 Views)