Re: NEED FOR SPEED 2019 GRAPHICS SUGGESTIONS.

by master2g

Original Post

NEED FOR SPEED 2019 GRAPHICS SUGGESTIONS.

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Long story short, some of you know I am not a fan of the graphics in Payback. I found way to much wrong with it and so did many of you. In the next game whom ever is responsible for the graphics like post processing , AO , textures and the others parts please look at other games for guide lines if you will. For example ook at how the shadows and lighting was done in Andromeda or Battlefield V. Clear clean lighting and everything work perfectly together.

Stop using this blurry hazy over lay or using the red and green light filters in this game. Payback had no brightness control and the evening lighting in city was red/purple and look terrible. Shadow were to dark and the details crushed . Textures were great when they actually loaded and the shimmering that was going on from what appeared to be something like a screen door effect was bad on all accounts. Not trying to show off my reshade preset here just trying to show how i think the game should have looked from the get go.

before

AFTER

Notice the bright spots like on the building from the sun went from dull to bright like real sunlight . Look at buildings or anything with real sun light and it is bright and white  ,that kind of light or glare that makes you squint your eyes not yelowish and dull with hardly any contrast. The sky has a natural blue to it which is better then the dull washed out look of the original. Add some better clarity to get rid of that hazy unclear look and its a better all round visual experience IMHO.

Here is more that show how dull the light is and how everything is saturated with a red hue and looks dull and hazy .

before

after

before

after

anyways that make my point enough. Like i say there are more issue with the graphics such as the black speckles on reflective surfaces  like rims and car shading. There is a green to red filter over lay change in game when you go from different areas on the map and different times of day. Go from the city to the red canyons and watch how the color filter in game change to to much red to to much green. 

Plus when i corrected all of this filtering , contrast and other it really showed how the game uses a massive change over in color filtering. Once i got the outside " effects " corrected then when i went into the garage to customize there was a big green tint/filter effect left over. So i had to use a separate lut file to toggle on to correct in garage lighting and effetcs. Point of all this is i have seen many other games change lighting and many other effects to what ever area you are in and they have done it well but Payback and even NFS 2016 suffers from a poor transition in almost very thing graphics related.

Lets hope we see a NFS 2019 that makes my reshade or other games i mentioned look like old school graphics.

P.S - this is in no way saying graphics alone make a game , that my reshade is perfect or that this was all that was wrong with Payback. It is simple talking about graphics alone out of many other issues and my opinion only. Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (634 Views)

★★ Expert

@master2g 

I know we have briefly talked about this before, and I'm in full agreement with everything you have said.

This power point presentation you have created here only strengthens just how truly crappy Ghost Studios is rushing the creation time line for Release date.

It's truly sad, how we the consumer point these flaws out here in these forums and it seems no one cares at Ghost Studios or at EA.

Brother I truly appreciate your support and valuable insight into ways to improve the future of this NFS series. 

I'm definitely giving you XP for this awesome post. 

Take care and let's hope Ghost Studios & EA wakes up soon before long time fans walk away from the game. 

😁👍

Message 2 of 3 (580 Views)

★★ Pro

Thanks brother, and yeah lets hope they do because  there is a very thin line between fans staying and going at this point.

Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)