NBA Live 19 - Title Update 3, October 9

by EA_Roger

Original Post

NBA Live 19 - Title Update 3, October 9

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Welcome to Title Update Three – a massive update in which we looked to address a number of different community requests. Some of the biggest enhancements are summarized in the Key Updates section, but the full list is also included below and separated by which section of the game items are applicable to.

Key Updates

• Edit Player now available in Franchise Mode (this applies to existing Franchises – no need to restart)
  • Now you can practice with your Created Player on your created court
  • Streaming/capture blocking has been removed from several areas of the game
  • Tuning to Inside Shots
  • Trait Balancing – Fixed shooting trait issue to decrease boost on highly improbable shots
  • New Animations – Legend Jumpshots, Signature Jumpers, Dribble Moves, and Signature Dunks have been added
  • Massive Gameplay Tuning in different areas based on player feedback since launch
  • Over 2,466 commentary samples added

If that doesn’t convince you that some big changes were made, be sure to load up your update and take a list at the full details of this lengthy update below:

General

• Added an ICON Patch Tile to the edit player screen which will notify you when an upgrade is available
  • 1 v. 0 create-a-player shootaround on your ONE Court has been added – this can be accessed through The One menu
  • Edit Player has been added to Franchise mode (applies to existing Franchises – no need to restart)
  • Streaming/capture blocking has been removed from several screens
  • New Private Lobby Live Run Rules added, including:
    1. Inside Out
    2. Meet Me at the Rim
    3. Points for Everything
    4. Halfcourt Make It, Take It
    5. Rebounds to 50
    6. Rainmaker Two Halves
  • Fixed an issue where traits were not being properly calculated into a player’s OVR rating
  • Game rules will now be displayed in the game pause menu in the following modes:
    1. Court Battles
    2. World Tour
  • A Rules pop-up has been added prior to tip-off in World Tour
  • Mentality Meter effect explanations have been added to the traits tray when you feel the bar up 100%, positive or negative
  • Ability was added to remove any equipped Attacker Handicap in Court Battles
  • FIX Dream Sequence Court added to 3 v. 3 Live Run
  • Store: added the ability to purchase multiple items with only one opening animation

Animations

• Jumpshots
    1. Additional Signature Jumpers added for Current NBA and Legend players, including:
      1. Amar’e Stoudemire
      2. Baron Davis
      3. Bernard King
      4. Chris Mullin
      5. Drazen Petrovic
      6. Isiah Thomas
      7. Karl Malone
      8. Patrick Ewing
      9. Steve Nash
      10. Tracy McGrady
      11. Wilt Chamberlain
      12. Spencer Dinwiddie
      13. Jared Dudley
      14. Kenneth Faried
      15. Shabazz Napier
  • Improved existing Signature Jumpers
    1. Fixed Carmelo Anthony’s shot where his arm would pop on release
    2. Updated Lonzo Ball’s release hand pose to be more accurate
    3. Slowed down Kelsey Plum’s shot
    4. Cleaned up various moving jumpers to be smoother
    5. Improved various WNBA gathers
  • Inside Shot fixes
  • Various alignment issues have been fixed, including:
    1. Early alignment that was causing popping
    2. Late alignment that was causing crashing through one another
  • Adjusted foul call likelihoods for layups on a per asset basis
  • Dunks
    1. More signature dunks have been applied to additional NBA players
    2. Decreased the likelihood of a highlight dunk from playing in traffic
    3. Adjusted various dunks to ratings, to decrease crazier dunks from playing on low-skilled dunkers
    4. Put a larger penalty to decrease the likelihood of repeating signature or highlight dunks in a single game
  • More appropriate selection for handedness and context
    1. Left-handed players should be more likely to use left-handed finishes
  • Catching
    1. Tuned animation to fix cases of the player catching the ball facing the wrong way
    2. Adjusted some catching branch points so exiting catches to shoot or dribble is more responsive
    3. Fixed instances of cutters not attempting to catch passes
    4. Tuned post-catching selection for less missed catches in post
  • Interceptions
    1. Tuned so defenders play the passing lane better, facing the ball more often when defending cutters.
    2. Tuned up interceptions, so more will play especially in Pick-and-Roll situations
  • Bench
    1. Tuned animation (posting issues)
    2. Tuned alignment ton interaction with the bench
  • Post-Whistle
    1. Smoother transition in and out of post-whistle animations
  • Triple-threat body up mirroring issues addressed
  • Dribble
    1. Added a new dribble move – BHB in-out
    2. Smoothing pass on standing dribble moves
    3. Smoothing pass on other various dribble blends
    4. Adjustments to ball warps/blips
    5. Adjustments to RPM for dribble
      1. Slowed down various quick turns and “zig-zag” like movements by 10-15%
  • Celebrations/Taunts
    1. Steering adjustments, so players go into and out of celebrations smoother
    2. Fixes to target of taunt
  • Rebounds
    1. Adjusted branch-out windows on assets where it kept player in animation too long, so players can get out of rebounds quicker
    2. Removed some boxout animations that started with the players too far apart from each other, helping with responsiveness in positioning prior to rebounds
    3. Fixed various rebound animation problems to reduce warping animations and hands clipping through the rim
  • Passing
    1. Various pass animation selection adjustments/fixes, adding a better selection of pass types
    2. Lessened full court pass animations to nearby receivers
    3. Tuned ball speeds, equaling less passes that are unnaturally fast
    4. Made passing more responsive out of double team
    5. Removed very delayed passes out of dribble pickups and collisions with a defender while dribbling
    6. Removed accidental icon passes to the center during pick-and-roll
  • Various posing fixes (animation quality)

Traits

• Rebalanced all shooting traits
  • Fixed an exploit in which shooting traits would reward a user a large boost on highly improbably shots
  • Implemented diminishing returns for stacking traits of the same type
    1. Stacking multiple traits will still be beneficial but have less of an exponential benefit
  • Streak Traits, like Spicy Dish, will now be more reliable

Plays

• Fixed spacing issues regarding motion offense: players are less likely to clump/cluster

Logic

• Increased the frequency of jump shot fouls
  • Adjusted the off-ball acceleration from stop to be quicker
  • Adjusted pick and pop logic
    1. Good shooters will now go to the three-point line, or mid-range, to space out the floor
  • Adjusted reaction time for defender deflection of passes
  • Fixed issue of bounce/lob pass request when off-ball carrying over after receiving the ball (i.e. pass immediately after receiving when in player lock)

Stamina

• Holding sprint will now decrease your short-term stamina quicker
    1. The longer you hold it, the faster you will tire out
  • If you are too tired, but request a dunk, you will now have a chance of missing the dunk
  • The more tired you are, the slower you will physically move

Performance Grade

• Added a new performance event for playing off-ball defense and holding the user without being called for a foul (positive event)
  • Added a new performance event for playing off-ball defense and holding the user causing a foul to be called (negative event)

UI

• Fixed issue where shot meter would display inappropriately (for non-metered shots)

Presentation

• Camera
    1. Various fixes for environments and keeping action on screen
  • Made adjustments for cloth settling following a camera warp

Audio

• Commentary
    1. Added 2,466 new samples, including content for:
      1. Free Throws
      2. In-game statistics
      3. Out of Bounds
      4. Blocks
      5. Quarter summaries
      6. Upcoming season outlook conversations
      7. Emotion/intensity tuning
  • Music
    1. Added more instrumentals to Pro-Am and Court Battles experience
    2. Made general game mix updates/polish

Bug Fixes
    • Various gear color sorting issues fixed
    • Various gear item tiers updated/fixed
    • Various gear brand sorting issues fixed
    • Updated Cavaliers’ team gear colors for Icon uniforms to Red (previously Navy Blue)

Store Update
    • 30 new jerseys added – jerseys will no longer have a hype requirement for purchase
    • Added premium sneaker styles: Air Jordan I Flyknit, Air Jordan I “Be Like Mike” Gatorade, and Nike Air More Uptempo “Olympics”
    • Hundreds of new tops, bottoms, and arm sleeves available

Roster Moves
    • Trevon Bluiett (NOP) added

Player Updates
    • PUMA added. Several PUMA athletes have been updated with Clyde shoes, including:
    • DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley III, Rudy Gay, Kevin Knox, Michael Porter Jr., Terry Rozier, Zhaire Smith, and Skylar Diggins-Smith
    • Player Dunk packages updated
    • Player head scan updates (Furkan Korkmaz, Derrick Jones Jr., Georges Niang, Sylvia Fowles)

– NBA LIVE Dev Team
Roger.png
Message 1 of 5 (1,717 Views)

Re: NBA Live 19 - Title Update 3, October 9

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Cheers on the big update. This new stamina really bring the pain on my big guy. I seem to be winded and my blocks are down and can't even run back on a fast break. Will have to slow down my game and pick my moves more careful.

Problem is all the fast good players are always greedy dunking and when I finally got the ball some dude went and got a 3 sec just to kill my score. I play to have fun and yes it's competitive, you want to win but u want to enjoy every detail. I don't know why players let everyone have a chance to get the ball. I'm constantly rebounding and passing. That's how I am, generours but other seem to hog it up. I like that if you keep dunking the same you get penalized maybe they can do some for ball hoggers who always have to grab the ball and constantly score.

There is a whole team against AI in Live Events and sometimes I lose because real players are just not capable to let others shoot or don't bother to play defense because they want to grab rebounds. Thats my job as a Rim Protector and I'll keep passing out the ball in hopes that it shows others not to play desperate. If there is a taller Anchor in my team then he plays center and I'll play the best, guarding who ever they assign me.

Maybe it's because I'm older and not insecure like these younger bucks out there trying to prove they are the best, top gunning.

So yeah big props for listing and addressing issues. It's made it more interesting and challenging and I'll keep being who I am good player no matter what.

Patch is fine with logging in on ps4 and doing some playing on Live event. Will test out more, good news it didnt throw me out of any games I played and found lobbies pretty fast with 4 to 5 players. Things are moving in right direction. Hope you can add some more courts on the 3v3.

=)

Message 2 of 5 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m sorry but ea had me hooked with last years NBA LIVE 18. This year is very disappointing, the game was perfect when I played the this years demo. After all the patches the game is trash to say the least. For one weight plays no factor in the game, there should be no reason why I’m Anthony Davis is getting out rebounded by a 5’7 female ( I am far from a misogynist) but come on man if y’all really want people to stay with EA it has to do better. Not to mention the computer is impossible to get by and or crossover. The patch has has made scoring impossible. When I throw an alley my team ( if he doesn’t miss the ball) grabs the ball out the air instead of going for the oop. When I change my dunk into a lay up or change the direction of my lay up I shouldn’t look like I jumped off a trampoline mid air. And LAST BUT NOT LEAST NBA LIVE 19 LOOKS LIKE NBA LIVE 18.5 with the same clothes, animations and taunts from last years game.

Message 3 of 5 (1,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Roger, i noticed a change to the hype given in Live Run.

I won AND lost in 3V3 and 5V5, which helped me notice an increase in a 5V5 

win from 10K to a whopping 15K. In a loss, it's 1,500, up from 1,000.

In 3V3 i saw we get 4,500 for a win, up from 3K. A loss in 3V3 now

gets us a base 450, up from 300.

I don't know why this wasn't mentioned, and i don't know if it's

just for the weekend. I want to add this change to my trophy

guide on pstropies.org.

If this is a permanent change, then that's great because i've

been crying here and Twitter for an easier time with the Live Run

hype, which was criminally unbalanced in comparison with the other

two types of 'hype.'

Now, all we need is a fix for 'World Domination.' No one has popped

that trophy since OCTOBER!!

Message 4 of 5 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Over 2,466 commentary ???  Quit frontin. 

They say the same thing over and over again.  NPC's in a gta game have more dialogue than the commentators in this game. You could play only 2 games and you will hear the same thing multiple times . The commentary in this game is beyond horrible. I've turned it off its so bad.

Message 5 of 5 (947 Views)