Re: Mystery Boxes

by katclawsx3

Original Post

Mystery Boxes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I went  ahead and got the mystery box package.

5 of the 10 boxes were leaf piles and wreaths. 

😶

Not worth it. Just a warning.

Message 1 of 6 (542 Views)

That's good to know, thanks. I had considered buying that, but I didn't like the odds--it says only a 25% chance for a rare item. The funny thing is, they make it sound like 25% is a good deal.
Message 2 of 6 (518 Views)

★★★ Guide

Did you at least get two or three rare items as promised with the 25% chance? 

Message 3 of 6 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PlanetAuto wrote:

Did you at least get two or three rare items as promised with the 25% chance? 

I did get the sparkling apple cider press. But it wasn't much consolation for the leaf piles 😬

Message 4 of 6 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I hate loot box type events.  I have finished the event quest and the associated romance story but I haven't even tried to get any pie slices or random prizes.  It is refreshing and so much less stress to not have to worry about that.  I really haven't been playing as much, down to about twice a day, ever since I caught the party bug and can't see any of my friend's parties anymore.  I used to check my game every 2-3 hours during normal days and check and play frantically during events.  I have complete sets of all rewards from all events starting with the spring hot tub event all the way up to and including the halloween event.  I finally decided it wasn't worth the irritation, the randomness and stress (not to mention all of the stupid Llamazoom activities).  I have transformed from being a fanatic player into a very casual player who only checks in on my sims once or twice a day and who no longer spends money on the game.

Message 5 of 6 (479 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

I hate loot box type events.  I have finished the event quest and the associated romance story but I haven't even tried to get any pie slices or random prizes.  It is refreshing and so much less stress to not have to worry about that.  I really haven't been playing as much, down to about twice a day, ever since I caught the party bug and can't see any of my friend's parties anymore.  I used to check my game every 2-3 hours during normal days and check and play frantically during events.  I have complete sets of all rewards from all events starting with the spring hot tub event all the way up to and including the halloween event.  I finally decided it wasn't worth the irritation, the randomness and stress (not to mention all of the stupid Llamazoom activities).  I have transformed from being a fanatic player into a very casual player who only checks in on my sims once or twice a day and who no longer spends money on the game.

@BlueWizardRob   

I share your same frustrations these days with Sims Mobile.  

This game USED to be so much fun—Before the Item Limits, before the endless/Unfixed glitches, before the party crashes, disappearing contact lists & chat problems.  Before the ill-conceived, poorly-executed loot box events.  Before the stupid, stupid, utterly stupid Llama-Zooms got jammed down our throats.  

We’ve voiced our complaints, asked for permanent fixes before they move on to the next big thing,  only for the developers to double up the LZ’s during events & create tasks with unrealistic time frames & that are nearly impossible to finish unless you use Cupcakes, sim cash or fork over real $$$.  

Yet, We are continuously expected to adjust and up our game play for any changes that get implemented by EA, while our complaints/ suggestions seem to sit on the backburner for months on end, with no real change or permanent fixes to ongoing problems. Or for that matter, any acknowledgment that we are even being heard.  

The social interactions both on this forum and during the Party chats were a pleasant surprise & unexpected bonus for me, to bond with people globally.  Sadly, I’m seeing less & less of gamer friends here & party chats.

And, just like you, BWR, I also find my Sims game play time dwindling, along with my interest, investment and enjoyment. 

😔 

Message 6 of 6 (464 Views)