Re: Madden Profanity Filter

by Meepmeepimajeep

Original Post

★ Novice

Will I be updated if things have been fixed? Also if I download and edit the draft class and save it as my own does that create a workaround? I know in offline it doesn’t censor and I never play with anyone on franchise I just want to start in the offseason and build for the 2021 season but the censorship stuff makes that impossible. 

Message 271 of 373 (977 Views)

@Rfarrisee I got the information that important changes of the profanity filters are communicated via patch notes. Smaller changes are most likely not communicated (I guess it might be difficult for the team responsible for these changes to communicate it back because there are several channels how they get informed about bad decisions of the filters).

regarding your second question, I do not know the answer but would give it a shot. it should not be that difficult to try it? but since there are reports of profane names in Face of the Franchise too, I'm not convinced that the profanity filter is applied to online modes only.

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 272 of 373 (956 Views)

Community Manager

@Neo_Novalis wrote:
@Rfarrisee I got the information that important changes of the profanity filters are communicated via patch notes. Smaller changes are most likely not communicated (I guess it might be difficult for the team responsible for these changes to communicate it back because there are several channels how they get informed about bad decisions of the filters).

regarding your second question, I do not know the answer but would give it a shot. it should not be that difficult to try it? but since there are reports of profane names in Face of the Franchise too, I'm not convinced that the profanity filter is applied to online modes only.

@Rfarrisee 

You will not receive any updates on this thread regarding whether it was changed or declined. To clarify, if there are significant changes to the profanity filter system in a game, the team may include that in the patch notes if they feel it's necessary, but for requests in these forums they will not likely make it to patch notes. We are doing what we can to reduce toxicity in the gaming community and there are some names that unfortunately may be abused despite them being authentic real names for players. The filter is not perfect, so this forum is a great place to provide first and last names we can forward over over to the team to help include them as an exception if possible. 

Blueberry.png
Message 273 of 373 (949 Views)

Re: Last name profane

★ Apprentice

I don’t kno who idea it was for EA to restrict certain names, but that’s the dumbest idea every. My name is Willie with and IE at the end. You have to have the dirtiest mind to banned my first name. Look EA hire me, I can come up wit all the dumb * ideas y’all need. Y’all paying people to come up with dumb ideas half of them have nothing to do with the actual game itself. Please fix ASAP 

Message 274 of 373 (905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My name is Orlando Tirado, i can’t use my name or my nickname Papito or Píto, why are they labeled offensive?  This is ridiculous 

Message 275 of 373 (838 Views)

Re: My last name is alerted as profane language.

★★★ Newbie

Yeah they claim my last name Judie is profane too ridiculous 

Message 276 of 373 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

"The filter is not perfect" 

You don't say. Apparently Casper is a profane name, but Kasper isn't. Seriously. The name Casper is in the freaking bible. 

Message 277 of 373 (669 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm trying to use Nica since that is my last name but no. It worked yesterday tho.

Message 278 of 373 (614 Views)

★ Novice

So all of a sudden my name - Vince Pettit is being flagged as profane!? 

Message 279 of 373 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Madden 21 PS5- When I try to put in my last name "Cummings" it says that there is an error and that it is profane to use that name. Is there a way to fix this or is it a bug that will be fixed in the future

Message 280 of 373 (599 Views)