Re: My Sims 4 wish list.

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 wish list.

★★★★ Novice

Firstly thank you for sims 4, playing the game helped take my mind off cancer treatment and worries and  mercifully I am now cured.
Here is my build/buy wish list for sims 4:-

Knole sofa (it could flip out into a single bed)
Roof beams,
Flying butresses

ladder,
an easier way to make stairs that change direction half way up. 
A mangle, laundry dries so much quicker after one is used.
Onion dome (in colours for a roof including golden), 
Arrow slits,
some kind of range oven (see aga or rayburn)

a  low arch  ( used for fireplaces).
William Morris wallpaper.

Thank you for reading this. love the game.  Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (1,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@MadelineBray, I would love these things in the game! Heart You must enjoy building.  You also must be a history buff ! Wink We especially need different kinds of stair cases: spiral, curved, L-shaped, switchback, and ladders!  I would also love some stained glass to go along with those flying buttresses, too!  I don't think they would add a mangle since the best opportunity would have been with the Laundry Day stuff pack.  I would also love to see gold onion domes (so great for building Orthodox churches!) They are gorgeous in real life .  There are some advanced roofing options that yo can turn on by clicking on the roof and pressing the "Shift" button + the "C" button.  These can be used on strait or round roofs and gives you even more options to adjust the pitch of the roof. By pressing Shift +C you add another row of spheres to further adjust the roof.   Here are some examples on a round and an octagonal roof:

05-24-19_8-04-17 AM.png05-24-19_8-04-35 AM.png05-24-19_8-04-28 AM.png05-24-19_8-04-54 AM.png05-24-19_7-55-07 AM.png05-24-19_7-58-25 AM.png

While not an onion dome, the extra set of spheres does allow for some interesting roof options! Raised eyebrow  Perhaps you already knew about these, but I included them just in case! Wink

I am very happy to hear that The Sims has helped you with your cancer! :eahigh_file:  I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time. Disappointed  While I don't have cancer, I do have an autoimmune disease, so I understand what it is to be sick and to have TS4 to help through those difficult times! Heart 

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (988 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@MadelineBray, I would love these things in the game! Heart You must enjoy building.  You also must be a history buff ! Wink We especially need different kinds of stair cases: spiral, curved, L-shaped, switchback, and ladders!  I would also love some stained glass to go along with those flying buttresses, too!  I don't think they would add a mangle since the best opportunity would have been with the Laundry Day stuff pack.  I would also love to see gold onion domes (so great for building Orthodox churches!) They are gorgeous in real life .  There are some advanced roofing options that yo can turn on by clicking on the roof and pressing the "Shift" button + the "C" button.  These can be used on strait or round roofs and gives you even more options to adjust the pitch of the roof. By pressing Shift +C you add another row of spheres to further adjust the roof.   Here are some examples on a round and an octagonal roof:

05-24-19_8-04-17 AM.png05-24-19_8-04-35 AM.png05-24-19_8-04-28 AM.png05-24-19_8-04-54 AM.png05-24-19_7-55-07 AM.png05-24-19_7-58-25 AM.png

While not an onion dome, the extra set of spheres does allow for some interesting roof options! Raised eyebrow  Perhaps you already knew about these, but I included them just in case! Wink

I am very happy to hear that The Sims has helped you with your cancer! :eahigh_file:  I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time. Disappointed  While I don't have cancer, I do have an autoimmune disease, so I understand what it is to be sick and to have TS4 to help through those difficult times! Heart 

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 2 of 5 (989 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are right on all counts puglove888. There are a couple of stained glass options as you know but I agree with you as we are on the same page. Standard smile. I did experiment with a few shapes but  I did learn something from your post. Thank you. 
I hope when your autoimmune disease flares that it is always mild.

Thank you

Message 3 of 5 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MadelineBray, I'm glad I could help!  Yes, I do enjoy the stained glass that we have, but when I posted that I was specifically thinking of the rosette windows that are usually in cathedrals ! Wink  I should have mentioned that, but I was in a hurry to get to explaining the roofing options! Large smile

There are some cool things with straight/rectangular roofs that use those advanced roofing options too, but I already had a bunch of pictures to I limited it to round/octagonal roofs since those were the most like the onion domes you asked for!  But you can have a lot of fun playing with the advanced options!  

You might enjoy one of my favorite builders from the Gallery, MrSimfeld!  He makes fantastical stuff that look like anything from the great architect Gaudi, to Dr. Seuss! Heart I can't even come close to the stuff MrSimfeld makes!  Here are a few pictures, which incorporate things like the advanced roofing tools, as well a the move objects cheat and using "9" and "0" keys to move objects higher, and the bracket keys "[" and "]" to scale items larger or smaller!  As you can see on one of the spires (1st picture) , he used the small stacked stones(I think they came with the Spa Day GP) that could normally fit on a nightstand, but he enlarged them.  

05-25-19_2-08-14 AM.png05-25-19_2-07-46 AM.png

05-25-19_2-07-28 AM.png05-25-19_2-08-32 AM.png05-25-19_2-08-44 AM.png

This is just one of his wonderful builds!  He has many, many more! Party hat  Of course, these aren't any where near the style of castles and catherdrals, but I thought some of his roofing examples might inspire you! Angel  These are the closest to onion domes that I have seen in the game.  It is possible that there are some Custom Content (CC) or Mods that would let you build onion domes, but I don't play with Mods, so I don't know for sure.  Mods are too much trouble to keep up with for me! EmbarrassedLarge smile

Sorry if the font is different sizes -- I cut and pasted text and it always changes the sizes on the parts that I move! Oops

Thank you about wishing me well! Heart  I hope your cancer is behind you and that you have good health!  I'm sure you have been so sick that you couldn't even play the Sims (I know I have!) but playing the Sims is for sure a lovely way to recover! Party hat

Message 4 of 5 (963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Those builds are inspirational. I love that Sims 4 is so varied in its game play. its good to play a family game without pressure to be anything other than yourself. I love rosette windows. Stained glass windows both ancient and modern are lovely. I tried to upload some really pretty modern stained glass windows from Gloucester Cathedral but the file was too large, however they can be found online. Also stained glass windows needn't be kept in a Cathedral. I am sure  that SIms 4 developers have the artistic skill and talent to come up with something really fabulous. I am impressed with their acheivements.
I notice there is a  plain ball already in the sims game, if only that came with a swatch which included gold...   

I will take a closer look at Mr Simfield.He has some incredible talent and skill there. I love that he uses his imagination so freely.  I see what he did there and admire him for his  imagination.
One of  Sims strengths ( and I have played this game since it was The Sims) is now that the internet has happened the Sims team listens wisely to its Sims community.  Keep up the good work EA Games.
Gaudi is great. The great  work in progress.  There are so many art styles to choose from and the willingness of Sims 4 to  innovate and interact means that it stops  the Sims from being "too Californian" in its outlook and thus is able to reach a wider audience.
As for Mods, I have never used one. The game is good enough to stand alone on its own merits although if people do want to use one then they can. I love that they still continue to add to the base game. I always think of the  child who only has that and as I grew up destitute  I love the compassion that goes into that.  So as a former destitute child I thank Sins for  their kindness in that regard.

The Sims are always a  learning experience. I am always happy to watch  sims building videos and guides on youtube. It has also been nice to see sims workers/developers/gurus ec. appear on some of those videos too. 

I do wish you well, good health to you and very happy simming.

Message 5 of 5 (944 Views)