Multiplayer Free-Roam

by SpecSnipe-_-Enig

Original Post

Multiplayer Free-Roam

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am posting this as both a request to Ghost Games, and a warning to the potential buyers of NFS Payback.

Multiplayer free roam is a core element of what made NFS 2015 fun, and what people enjoyed most. Being able to meet new people, race and check out eachothers extensively customized rides at car meets that would randomly occur, is what it was all about.

The fact that this feature is apparently not in NFS Payback, has tainted the game, and people are refunding and leaving in droves. No one in their right mind asked or even thought the removal of such a core element of the game would be neglected or removed altogether. Especially considering Payback is built on the same engine as NFS 2015,  it actually took more effort to remove the feature, than it would to just have kept it in.

So I say to you, Ghost games; make an official announcement, confirming the existence of Multiplayer Free Roam in NFS Payback, or announcing that it will be in a patch on or very shortly after the release. Anything less than this, me and everyone I've convinced to finally get into NFS, are going to be refunding our copies and never looking back.

And to potential customers, please refrain from purchasing the game until this issue is resolved. To those, like myself who had high hopes and preordered, hold Ghost games accountable for their actions and make your voices heard with your wallet. Unless this is resolved, refund and boycott Payback. The only way a company will listen, is when the money stops rolling in.

I say this with the respect that the developer deserves. The rest of the game seems nice and like alot of effort has gone into it. It would be a shame to see it be dead on arrival due to poor decisions made by a few.

Message 27 of 377 (72,881 Views)

Can´t believe what EA just did

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

See, yesterday @MrB34rdy posted a link to an article writen on help.ea weeks ago that said this:

Multiplayer

Hit the streets and race to win. Take on challengers from all around the world as you compete to be the best.

Compete in Speedlists, which are free events against friends, or challenge other players in Free Roam. There are two types of Speedlists:

• Casual: Casual Speedlists are 5-event tournaments. The best player is crowned at the end.
  • Ranked: Ranked Speedlists track the performance of each player on a competitive ranking system."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/features-and-modes-in-need-for-...

This was a real confirmation of multiplayer freeroam in the game.

Some minutes ago, I entered this same link, and realized that it had been edited!

Look at what it says now: 

Multiplayer

Hit the streets and race to win. Take on challengers from all around the world as you compete to be the best.

Compete in Speedlists, which are free events against friends. There are two types of Speedlists:

• Casual: Casual Speedlists are 5-event tournaments. The best player is crowned at the end.
  • Ranked: Ranked Speedlists track the performance of each player on a competitive ranking system. "

Conclusion: THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE MULTIPLAYER FREEROAM. EA promised it on that post and now realizing they have made a mistake, edited it as fast as they could.

DISSAPOINTED.

Message 1 of 377 (72,918 Views)

Hm...

★★★ Guide

There is online freeroam, but in lobby mode, very short, just multiplayer mode is more long.

Message 2 of 377 (72,889 Views)

Re: Hm...

★★★★★ Apprentice

How is that mode? U can be in lobby mode with a friend?

Message 3 of 377 (72,874 Views)

Oh sure

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

For while this is "wait mode" lobby, but the world is free and so the next speedlist loads, I can to play with a friend but in speedlist, if the my friend and me stay out of the event also.

Message 4 of 377 (72,867 Views)

Need for speed payback: you need to add online freeroam.

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I'm writing to ask if you could add online free roam to Need For Speed Payback. Online free roam is an essential part of racing games nowadays. I don't know why you wouldn't add it. It seemes as if you are going backwards in time and not forward. I found out about this after Pre-Ordering the game and watching a video that Straight Up Hippo had made on this topic. I think that online freeroam is essential for the game. Please take action on this EA and Ghost Games.

Message 5 of 377 (74,171 Views)

Re: Need for speed payback: you need to add online freeroam.

Hero (Retired)

I moved your topic to the correct section.

Message 6 of 377 (74,166 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok thank you. I'm new to this.

Message 7 of 377 (74,160 Views)

Please dev's of NFS Payback...

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Please Dev's of NFS Payback,

Can you cleary tell us if multiplayer-freeroam is in NFS Payback or not. If you will be adding this in future updates or not. Please explain it to us. Because people are confused, mad, sad and canceling their pre-orders. I pre-orderd NFS and I want to play it with my friends. But if my friends don't know if free-roam is in the game or not they will not buy it. So I'll ask it one more time. Please explain if multiplayer free-roam is in the game or not or, if it will be in future updates?

Thank you,

-Ruben

Message 8 of 377 (55,735 Views)

★ Apprentice
Totally agree!! This should be a given. I'm a EA access member and if this isn't in the final game I won't be upgrading the game from the trial.. good game otherwise
Message 9 of 377 (73,887 Views)