Re: Movement Speeds

by Mavster07

Original Post

Movement Speeds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Is it just me or does anything else think the move speed of units needs to be changed to another system outside of Slow, Average, Fast, Fastest because I think it's BS that Infantry can move at the same speed as most light vehicles? Am just finding the early units from the "War Factory" to be extremely lacking all of a sudden when everyone just spams Infantry/Missile due to them just outclassing the Rhino/Pitbull for how much they cost. Maybe infantry/missile squads are just on the strong side for their cost but am finding it harder and harder to justify using units like Rhino's and Pitbull's when Infantry/missile squad combo perform the exact same jobs but are cheaper.

In short, I decided to conform and join the rest with how strong (and safe) barracks openers are (Lost enough medals attempting to be different). War Factory early units are lacking and need a niche over infantry (Which should be movement speed) to justify their cost.

Message 1 of 3 (365 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Pitbulls are obscene early pressure on harvesters, they illict a missile/lazer response, which die to rifles. Their ability to move and fire really distinguishes them as missiles struggle to chase them down (and often run face first into turrets or other hazards).

Jadexyan gave good advice in the replays thread, this is the result https://youtu.be/I0YmF-37mNY

Message 2 of 3 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Don't worry, as someone who loves Pitbulls and used them exclusively for early game pressure up to my current medals (2651). I've kept trying to use them against higher/equal ranked players and the early pressure they can do doesn't pay off as much as it use to. Sure I get the odd game where it pays off but more often then not am usually forced to play their game because they have number advantage on the field due to Infantry/missile sqauds.

Maybe if players got punished for allowing their harvester to die early but all that extra 100 does nowadays is get me my harvester to match theirs and a barracks so I can start getting Infantry. I've tried War Factory starts a lot but barrack starts are just cheaper and stronger right now. Don't get me wrong, I don't think units like Pitbull and Rhino are weak, I think they're just outclassed by the cheaper barracks units.

Message 3 of 3 (336 Views)