Re: Moved out adult children.....can no longer socialize

by redhededkewty

Original Post

Moved out adult children.....can no longer socialize

★★★ Guide

I move some of my adult children out (not retire) and I socialize with them on occasion until I reach level 10.

Today, I could not socialize with my adult daughter, grayed out.

Why?

Do they age throughout the game and then the game retires them?

Message 1 of 10 (1,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

It seems that your child is now an adult. You have no more interactions with them because they are NPC now. You have two options: 1. Move them out (using family picture) or 2. Promote them (using family picture) when you have a slot open. If you neither of these options they will just be a NPC and they somehow get in the way of everything. so you just pretty much have to decide what you want to do with them at this point. Hope this helps 😃.  Moved out children sometimes come back and you can't socialize with them, it happens. Nothing to really worry about. Just ignore them and they will leave.

Message 2 of 10 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Guide

@givememore86 

I like socializing with my adult children.

Some I retire and some I move out.  My goal is adopt 100 or more children.

When I move some of them out, I socialize with them all the time.

Hate the fact that I cannot ask them to move back in.  Oh well, it is what it is.

Anywho!

My question is why did my adult child that I moved out, did not retire (I know I lose control over them either way);  suddenly look like a retired person and I could no longer socialize with them?

Message 3 of 10 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Pro

My theory on this. Even though these people were adults. And you thought you they were going to their own homes. They didn't, and the Grim Reaper came and now they have to haunt you until you retire. 😂

Seriously though, I think the game sees the moving out option for adults as the same thing as retirement. This is why they are grayed out and you can socialize with them. They sometimes periodically walk down your street though. When this happens I think you can talk to them.

Message 4 of 10 (1,572 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

And inexplicably, some Sims seem to have the blessing of everlasting youth.

Last year, we had a retired Sim who never appeared aged. Everytime I saw her around town, she was in her prime, even though she was long retired.

Who knows. There's a mysterious Sims age programming gene that has yet to be isolated. *shrug*

Message 5 of 10 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Guide

@givememore86 

None of my retired Sims walk down my street or the Sims I move out.

Once I retire them, they are gone never to be seen or heard from again.

As for the moved out Sims, I can socialize with them via the communication's tab only.

This was my first Sim's daughter to move out and now the other sons and daughters can not get to know her.

Oh well. 

Maybe someone befriended her and then retired her.

Never know since they become NPCs.

Message 6 of 10 (1,475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Why is it that once children become adults, they don't even have some kind of relationship with their parents? It's like they're complete strangers. Makes it weird I guess... also for me the Sims grow up way too fast, or I'm not fast enough because none of them has completed a career, hobby and/or relation story and already they're ready to retire for a while now. You lose all progress of the story when they retire so I have to start all over again with a new Sim or wait for retirement. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Guide

@sblub87 

Now, you can delay your kids growing up but that does not solve having to "Begin a Friendship" with a child that has been walking through your house for months.  Why doesn't the events you have with them count toward building a relationship.  They have the good upbringing trait so obviously you spent some time with them.

Hopefully under firemonkey, some more changes will be made.

Message 8 of 10 (1,365 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What is NPC?
Message 9 of 10 (1,334 Views)

Non-Playable Character
Wiki page about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-player_character

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 10 (1,330 Views)