Re: Move out Notifications

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Move out Notifications

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I got an in Game notification from someone asking if my Tyler McDonnell could move out. I had to ignore the request because Tyler is married to my Victoria Harris and has relationships with my Friends' Sims. (He's a bit of a cad! 😋)

This is the first time I have had this happen so I have a few questions. 

1) If a SIM is married, shouldn't the "Move In" option be grayed out?

2) How do I tell the person making the request that he is married and isn't available to move out?

3) If I were to let him move out, would my Friends lose their relationships they have with him?

4) Would moving into someone's game open an empty slot without having to buy the slot or do they have to buy the slot & then ask them to move in?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to understand how this works. The "Ignore" button seems kind of cold, especially if someone worked on a relationship long enough to get to the point of asking Tyler to move in with them.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (370 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

I got an in Game notification from someone asking if my Tyler McDonnell could move out. I had to ignore the request because Tyler is married to my Victoria Harris and has relationships with my Friends' Sims. (He's a bit of a cad! 😋)

2) How do I tell the person making the request that he is married and isn't available to move out?

3) If I were to let him move out, would my Friends lose their relationships they have with him?

4) Would moving into someone's game open an empty slot without having to buy the slot or do they have to buy the slot & then ask them to move in?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to understand how this works. The "Ignore" button seems kind of cold, especially if someone worked on a relationship long enough to get to the point of asking Tyler to move in with them.

Thank you!

1)  You would think so, but no.  Apparently infidelity and abandonment are an option.

2)  You can't

3) I don't think so.

4). They have to have an open slot (by retiring an existing sim or buying a new slot).

A similar and possibly related thing that happens to me is that I keep getting notices that I have received rewards and experience for my relationship with a friend's sim named Jake.  This happens when I haven't done anything to that relationship.  My main sim has a relationship with him but it is very slow and steady.  I do one relationship interaction with him a day.  Then, several times during the day I get a notification that I have rewards in the relationship.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (435 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

Thank you!

1)  You would think so, but no.  Apparently infidelity and abandonment are an option.

2)  You can't

3) I don't think so.

4). They have to have an open slot (by retiring an existing sim or buying a new slot).

A similar and possibly related thing that happens to me is that I keep getting notices that I have received rewards and experience for my relationship with a friend's sim named Jake.  This happens when I haven't done anything to that relationship.  My main sim has a relationship with him but it is very slow and steady.  I do one relationship interaction with him a day.  Then, several times during the day I get a notification that I have rewards in the relationship.

Message 2 of 5 (436 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BlueWizardRob Maybe it's because my Jake is interacting with your Alex. 😋😊

Message 3 of 5 (314 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They really need to put a lock or unavailable on our Sims. 

Message 4 of 5 (271 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

@BlueWizardRob Maybe it's because my Jake is interacting with your Alex. 😋😊

Alex has a wonderful but very strange relationship with his best friend Jake.

Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)