Re: Mortar Truck in Operations Abuse

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Mortar Truck in Operations Abuse

★★★ Newbie

Um, Hi, yes. I'm a longtime fan of the series and enjoy playing the game. I love competition as much as the next guy but I'd like to report an issue regarding the Operations Mode in Battlefield 1. I don't know if this was overlooks, missed or left in but I noticed an abundance of players saying they stopped playing the game because of "artillery cheese" in operations. I've never had an issue with this until recently when I gave this mode a try in 2019. Turns out that players are mortaring defense points from a range that opposing players cannot reach.

I understand that this is meant for players to overcome together but it's not realistic. These trucks are bombing people out of your game, it feels cheap. I've tested this 15 times and every round has an artillery player averaging 50-80 kills and zero deaths. Please try to understand that this is turning your shootouts into blast zones and no one really enjoys it. It's killing infantry play. 

Players want the truck removed or only able to mortar within reach. I worry if this keeps up, Operations will turn into a graveyard like Frontlines has on the PS4. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (595 Views)

Re: Mortar Truck in Operations Abuse

Yup, all you can really do is get lucky with a bomber or an arty of your own which kind of sucks. Hopefully it gets better for you mate

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 2 (550 Views)