Missing languages?

by JforJasonX

Original Post

Missing languages?

★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

I pre-orded FIFA 21 Ultimate Edition, and obviously with it coming out today I downloaded it. However im confused to see spanish is not a language option when starting up the game. The only languages which I can use being: English, Norwegian, Italian, French, German, Dutch and Swedish. I hope this doesnt mean spanish wont be a language option. Yes I live in the UK but I would prefer to play the game in my language. So I would like a sort of confirmation that there going to be more languages added for the game because its not only spanish tbh, its also portuguese and more. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 52 (3,338 Views)

Re: Missing languages?

★★ Apprentice

Just to add, I am not talking about the in-game commentary language, I got that sorted. Im talking about the language of the whole game in general.

Message 2 of 52 (3,323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They told me to contact Play Station Support, I have done it and in 48hrs i just have a response

Message 3 of 52 (3,270 Views)

★★ Apprentice

1) What did they say?

2) Whatever they did say, this still is an EA issue in my opinion. They have deliberately removed or changed something to the game and thats why we dont have these languages, because in all the other fifa´s we have always had languages like spanish and portuguese available from the start so I would think its abit weird that we need to go to playstation support to help us with languages that a game company once had before, correct me if my logic is incorrect.

Message 4 of 52 (3,257 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also worth baring in mind that my playstation is in spanish, so this makes no sense what so ever.

Message 5 of 52 (3,248 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Message 6 of 52 (3,227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry i meant that I will recieve an answer in 48hrs, they escalated the case.

i agree with you is an EA problem, because is not normal that Spanish is not there, what about all spain and all south america what they are gonna do ?

Message 7 of 52 (3,221 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exactly, and what i am not liking and I hope im not correct but i also saw the same issue from call of duty warzone. Game developers are now deciding oh if you live in this country, you can only have the game available in that language (or a select few languages) its not as bad as the warzone situation because people in england only had access to English and French as the languages, atleast in this case theres more languages available, but im not liking how they seem to now be picking what languages we can and cant have. English isnt my first language, Spanish is, not french, not italian, not swedish, spanish only, so I find it shocking that they seem to be picking languages without thinking who this could affect, because there are many spanish people living in england, and we arent the only examples, theres you and the rest looking at this. Spain and South America have their games in their language because they live there and bought the game there. So what? I have to live in Spain to enjoy the game in my language? My understanding and choice of language has to be determined on where I live thanks to game developers? I hope this issue does escalate through out not only the EA community but all gaming communities because this is unfair. In my example, people in spain enjoy the game in spanish, people in south america do too, but what about the rest of us abroad? 

Message 8 of 52 (3,211 Views)

★★ Apprentice

We can´t be dictated on what languages we can and cant have just because we live in a different country, its utterly unfair.

Message 9 of 52 (3,210 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Message 10 of 52 (3,191 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help