Re: Medal win/loss Is Broken

by BattaIia

Original Post

Medal win/loss Is Broken

★ Novice

So how do I loose medals (could only loose 2 because I only had 3,702) when this other player has units all at least 1 full level above mine (11+3 training is the max level of any of my GDI or NOD units are including those not in this deck, I refuse to participate in micro transactions in any game on any platform and you should too), including a level 15 tank, and they are already ranked higher than I am? How are the medal win losses calculated? What are the actual rules determining the medal win/loss amounts? Because right now it feels incredibly arbitrary.

580173188.png

Message 1 of 12 (721 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
You can't drop below a league. So since you are at 3702 all you can lose is 2, since you can't go below 3700.
Message 2 of 12 (715 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is tiberium

Message 3 of 12 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The amount of medals won/lost is only determined by the rank of your opponent and yourself, nothing else. If you are facing someone of similar rank, you gain/loose 20. If you are tib league and fight diamond for some reason, you gain 8 or loose like 36 or something. The system expects you to win against lower ranked opponents.

The reason why you lost only 2 is because you reached the bottom of a league. You can‘t drop out of it, so you were reduced to 3700 medals, the very bottom of tib league. If you loose one more, you will loose 0.

Message 4 of 12 (692 Views)

★ Novice

I know that, Im sorry I thought it was clear that I understood you can't fall below 3700 once in Tiberium. The point of my post was I thought it should have been a challenge battle, and more broadly I think the current calculation of medals is poor (I only ever gain loose between 18 and 22 but I remember a post that were going to expand the range to better show relative player skill)

Message 5 of 12 (689 Views)

★ Novice
Yah I know I can't drop out and that the floor is 3700, but I have never gained or loss 8/36 it's more like 18/22 or a challenge battle. Basically I'm just complaining about how the game determines when a challenge battle should and shouldn't happen, and how many medals are awarded per battle.
Message 6 of 12 (688 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm just disconnected from the game I got -21 and then I win I got +19 so generally it pushes you backwards.

Message 7 of 12 (672 Views)

★★★★ Guide
how the system works right now its totally against you
it doesnt matter thats why medal loss needs to go away
some might claim that thats not a good thing but i thikn it is it would help you out faster to get leveled up units bc every month is a reset so why have negative loss
just a thought
Message 8 of 12 (613 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@tyzzbaji4yc3 wrote:

I know that, Im sorry I thought it was clear that I understood you can't fall below 3700 once in Tiberium. The point of my post was I thought it should have been a challenge battle, and more broadly I think the current calculation of medals is poor (I only ever gain loose between 18 and 22 but I remember a post that were going to expand the range to better show relative player skill)

Fair enough. Tib league plays by a couple new rules compared to previous leagues;

1) There are no challenge battles for medal difference. So if you are at 3,700 medals, and you vs the #1 player, that's a regular game. This is because if the top player had 200 medals more than anyone they matched, the other guy didn't lose any medals if they lose, but the #1 player lost max medals. So it was a little rough. 

2) Max unit level is 15, and their average level needs to be within 3 of the cap to give challenge battles. Your opponent has 1 level 15, but the rest is below which drags down his average. 

@punishertrd wrote:
how the system works right now its totally against you
it doesnt matter thats why medal loss needs to go away
some might claim that thats not a good thing but i thikn it is it would help you out faster to get leveled up units bc every month is a reset so why have negative loss
just a thought

3) Every event we play where tib league players are mixed with lower league players we get complaints. I've told you once, and I'll tell you again, making everyone tib league is not a solution to matchmaking. It will just frustrate players who don't have the levels. OP has mostly level 11's and even he is having issues with tib league levels. It's not a friendly place where everyone sings songs together and holds hands. You get level 15 scorpions, level 14 avatars and giga's. Putting everyone in tib league would be a bad time for you, and everyone else where as all the .01% players get bored out of their mind stomping everyone else uncontrolled. But I understand your own selfish ego can't let you understand that. You wanna level up quickly? Get gud. 

Message 9 of 12 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Screenshot_20190420-091458.png

So why is this not a challenge battle? Dude has a unit average of >14 and my average is ~11. There is no way for me to win this battle unless he deliberately loses. Also 17 medals lost when it's impossible for me to win and the middle of that road is 20? Doesn't sound fair to me.

Message 10 of 12 (516 Views)