Re: Maybe some final tweaks to keep on playing? Please?

by ToastedSarnie

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Where is Capture the Taco?  Have been waiting for months for it to come back in the Town Hall.

Message 31 of 40 (1,065 Views)

Champion
@smartGrammy821 Same with Boss Hunts, Cats vs Dinos and Soil Survivors. Where have all the unique modes gone, they should make a return?
Message 32 of 40 (1,034 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I sadly have the feeling those modes will never return - suspect they've been abandoned because the smaller lobby sizes means more work but I keep checking each month & hoping one day....
I think it's good for all the newer players we seem to have (here in Europe at least) that the Legendary events pop up, as it gives people a chance to play with Unicorn Chomper & to try out characters that previously they would've accessed via the Showcases but honestly, I've become sick to death of Lawn of Doom which appears most often 😫
Message 33 of 40 (1,031 Views)

Champion
@ToastedSarnie You’re probably right! It’s a shame that that these events have seemed to be discontinued without any real notice. At least they still do events in the Mystery Portal, I suppose it’s still worth checking every month (and I will)! I do hope that new modes start up in the Portal (or that more older ones make a return), but no promises I suppose!
Message 34 of 40 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We currently can get the Easter themed sticker packs in the store which indicates to me that turning on special portal events should be feasible as well. I'd especially love capture the taco or soil survivors to return but to help people get their achievements, we really need cats vs. dinos and boss hunts back.

Message 35 of 40 (966 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 The sudden discontinuation of events we had was what disappointed me most, especially as Boss Hunt in particular came around so rarely 🙄 While we all expected support to be reduced at some point, given BFN coming out & the age of the game, I really thought we'd get advance warning & the devs would've made provisions for achievements to still be attainable.

@Iron_Guard8 Yep. I love Capture the Taco - think it's one of the most fun Town Hall events but Cats vs Dinos & Boss Hunts are needed.
If those 2 events came around that would only leave "Together We Win" (open 5 Community Challenge reward chests) unattainable - without them, that's a total of 6 achievents that players can't get, with 2 for Cats vs Dinos & 3 for Boss Hunts (and of course all those special BH customisations linked to the different bosses are locked).

I've always wondered whether Boss Hunts couldn't just have been added to the Ops portal - it's PvE in just the same way, just a longer game. I actually went back & re-did "Captain Smasher's Curse" recently, just for the fun of a mini Boss Hunt 😆

I'd so love the events to come round but if they really can't, the next best thing would be instead to remove or pop the achievements automatically, I guess & maybe put the BH customisations with Rux or inside normal Town Hall chests??

Message 36 of 40 (950 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They can always change the achievements. Rainbow Six Siege did it. But when did EA care for their consumers? 

Message 37 of 40 (916 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They finally had Capture the Taco last month.  I still need the legendary coo coo clock for my corn and it doesn't matter how many 35,000 packs I buy have not gotten any more legendary items.  Played in Town Hall last night with my grandson who hasn't played in ages and he got a legendary hat from the red chest.  Not happy.

Message 38 of 40 (672 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@smartGrammy821 The Town Hall chests are your best bet for Legendary items or possibly Rux. The packs are just so random, annoying when you're waiting for something - I had a friend who despite daily play had to wait for an astonishingly long time for the Peashooter Pinata hat 😖
One thing I've noticed about Rux which is also annoying, is that the halves of Legendary characters don't seem to come up any more??
Message 39 of 40 (657 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ToastedSarnie I have been checking Rux all along since 2017 and also always play the Town Hall. No legendary items for about 2 years yet my grandson got a legendary hat from the red chest the other day. Not happy at all with EA
Message 40 of 40 (641 Views)