Re: Max Rank Meetup PS4 7/18

by JustCallMeTotal

Original Post

Max Rank Meetup PS4 7/18

[ Edited ]

I thought I'd share these images from a max rank meetup held last week.  It was the first successful one I've been in, with regard to low toxicity.

Credit for organizing this match goes to THEE_IncEpTIOnis and dreadseed, who were both so busy sending messages and invites that they could hardly play.

It is extraordinarily difficult to make something like this happen because the game does not allow for private matches with more than four players, an issue I'd like to see addressed in the next game.

max2

max1

Message 1 of 15 (1,253 Views)

★★ Guide
Frown thanks nate...
Message 2 of 15 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So many Max rank players in a single round...

I don't encounter that many Max rank players whenever I play any multiplayer session.

Message 3 of 15 (1,201 Views)

[ Edited ]

Game footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2L4aztuUb8

I noted during these matches, at least towards the beginning, that people's gameplay was generally very conservative.  I found this quite surprising.

Message 4 of 15 (1,184 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you for sharing @pandareno1999 Large smile

Kinda glad I wasn't in those lobbies though but they will be cool to watch.

Message 5 of 15 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asabaida wrote:

Kinda glad I wasn't in those lobbies though but they will be cool to watch.

If you look at the numbers in the lobbies and watch the video, you'll see that, while things did get pretty crazy in the bases, there was not really any genuine try-harding going on.  These were very tolerable matches compared with the trash players in the average turf lobby.

Message 6 of 15 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Haven't watched it all yet but will when I get a chance.

Just good games then
Glad you all had fun. Standard smile

Message 7 of 15 (1,127 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Dang! That would be incredible. If you ever see me online and these are going on, please invite me, sir.

=]
Message 8 of 15 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK bud, since I know your playing well I was able to get you added to the group.  Invites are pretty selective, in order to try to keep out the cancer - deto players, gatling/bolt blaster mains, rose campers, etc. One player in that lobby who camped with rose the whole time has been dis-invited.

I think Inception wanted to get a match going this weekend or next, but planning/organizing isn't his strongest suit.  The above matches ended up happening on a couple hours' notice.

Message 9 of 15 (1,063 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is another reason I wish we had cross-platform play! I know mouse+keyboard has an aiming advantage but if they could balance that it would be awesome. Plus the queues would have all of us playing together so better lobbies for games besides TT. 

Message 10 of 15 (1,049 Views)