Matchmaking, only challenge matches, only vs player lvls 20+.

by ropeAd0pe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking, only challenge matches, only vs player lvls 20+.

★★★★ Novice

At player lvl 32 and almost all matches are challenge matches vs players 20+ lvl higher? Attached a typical nod, matchup where the opposing units are almost double lvl.. maybe a separate league for player lvls 50+? Same on gdi side though there it’s almost exclusively lvl 60 players but I typically am just 2 unit levels low. 

Looks like Ike this is happening to others, stuck in challenge match mode..seems like there isn’t enough space in the leagues or something? 

Message 1 of 13 (853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Matchmaking, only challenge matches, only vs player lvls 20+.

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jdstan111,

As xrmiao4 stated, the March season reset happened on Monday. With the season reset, players will move down leagues. That is likely why you are seeing more Challenge Battles right now. Players progressing back up the leagues should help.

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (796 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It's just everyone got set back to lower league a few days ago because of the reset. Once those high lv players leave the league things definitely will get better.

If you check CNC TV currently there's still no one in tiberium league yet Standard smile

Message 2 of 13 (845 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

If you check CNC TV currently there's still no one in tiberium league yet Standard smile

When everybody wants to go through the door at the same time, people will get stuck in the door.

Perhaps the mistake is that there is only one door.

Message 3 of 13 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It just takes longer to get through Standard smile

Message 4 of 13 (819 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m having the same issue. My cards are 7/8’s and I’m consistently matched against players with 10/11’s, who are 15-20 levels above me. I’m given 100% challenge battles. Not sure what the issue is.
Message 5 of 13 (808 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jdstan111,

As xrmiao4 stated, the March season reset happened on Monday. With the season reset, players will move down leagues. That is likely why you are seeing more Challenge Battles right now. Players progressing back up the leagues should help.

Message 6 of 13 (797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s getting old, fast. And tbh I can’t afford the $40+ that it would take to get just one deck up to lvl 10 from lvl 8 not to mention the cards. And then what, climb into the next tier that’s even more expensive? If I was going to spend that much on a game it would be for full access, not for the feeling I need to spend more.. Maybe I’ll just stick with chess, it is after all play tested and truly balanced. Used to be you got an entire game, all it’s units and functions for $40-$50. Now if I wanted to have a deck for each side that competes plus some alternate unit it looks like what $150 or more? 

Which wont happen, I’m happy to stay lower level but I’d like to be fairly matched so I’m not consistently stomped by units I don’t have access to yet and unit levels 2+ above mine. 

Message 7 of 13 (795 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The unit cap on my league is 11, I don’t think that players moving out is going to actually resolve this. Maybe challenge matches just shouldn’t even be matches, and just link players with same relative power

Message 8 of 13 (791 Views)

★★ Novice

That’s unfortunate. It has made the game a lot less fun for about a week now. Any plans to change that going forward? I don’t think I’ll keep fighting through this slog of Challenge Battles every time the season resets.

Message 9 of 13 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just to keep beating a dead horse, it also matches me against the same person who just stomped me with way higher units, what’s the point? I understand how to scout, counter, shuffle units around, harass harvesters. I feel like I’m being farmed. I should be in gold league not diamond...

Message 10 of 13 (737 Views)