Dot.: Matchmaking not my division

by SambaTheAmigo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking not my division

★★★ Newbie
  1. I have in fut a 189 rating team and im division 7. Why do i play against people with 192 rating team and are in division 4/5. I get absolutly destroyed by those people it kinda ruins it for me
Message 1 of 8 (1,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Matchmaking not my division

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@romanceintx Sorry for the delay, was out of office. Form is like your skill rating in Division Rivals but only applies in FUT Champions games. We've got more info in the Pitch Notes article here.

EACade

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (899 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@spookplays Hiya, you aren't matchmade based on your team overall. Only your recent form and location are used.
EACade
Message 2 of 8 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Cade@EA_Darko Why does it feel like i can't make progress in that case? I've played 2000+ games per edition (fifa 16, 17, 18, 19) games since FIFA 16, but i can never make it to the next division (trying to get into division 5) currently on FIFA19. Instead i go through a string of unwinnable games until i go down 500 or 600 "skill points" two divisions and start winning again. Is there anyway to know what I'm doing wrong or how to make progress please?

Message 3 of 8 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade @EA_Darko can you please explain “recent form”?
Message 4 of 8 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@romanceintx Sorry for the delay, was out of office. Form is like your skill rating in Division Rivals but only applies in FUT Champions games. We've got more info in the Pitch Notes article here.

EACade
Message 5 of 8 (900 Views)

★ Guide

Hey Ea_Cade,

can you please explain it properly as I don’t understand how when I win I’m lucky to get no more than 26 points most times but have been lucky enough to get 32 rank points once or twice in the last week  but when I lose I’ve been losing between 32-42 ranking points which is more than what I gain. 

Message 6 of 8 (883 Views)

Dot.: Matchmaking not my division

★ Apprentice

i'm stuck on 10 and the matchmaking give me most really  only pro gamers :/, when i have luck i jump to 9 but fast i drop to 10 :P

Message 7 of 8 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Dear Cade,

Could you elaborate, what matchmaking based on 'recent form' means?

Thanks.

@LOZZA7312 @EA_Cade the same happens to me. If your alleged matchmaking rules apply, this means that we continuously get weaker opponents then us: more deduction points for conceding from a weaker player, while fewer points for defeating a weaker enemy (and surprisingly keep losing from the allegedly weaker opponents, because the deduction is higher than the gain). This doesn't make sense for me. Please elaborate on the matchmaking methodology.

Message 8 of 8 (702 Views)