Re: Matchmaking is BROKEN - Game is stale

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

Matchmaking is BROKEN - Game is stale

★★ Novice

I've been playing this game pretty much since it came out. The updates have been favoring tech players as the time progresses, now it is impossible to play with fun aggro units (which require much more skills than just loading up big tech units). There is currently NO WAY to prevent an enemy from using double harvester, bikes or pitbulls are a stupid joke now, they take half an hr to destroy a harvester. If you push to load the missile up, basically what you are doing is saving the enemy some time, because if they counter and destroy the few units you have on the pads, then the missile is theirs. I do not want to be forced to play with Tech units. It's crazy that I get enemies busting out tech units on first missile - Is time you balance this out.

You have:

- Reduced the cost of tech building (when you did this, I was shocked) - but you did not stop there.

- Reduced the damage small vehicles make to harvesters - but wait, there is more!

- Double harvester increase economy insanely fast now

- Second harvester is still free to rebuild - booooom! and you still don't see the problem.

Yes, matchmaking is STILL BROKEN. I keep experiencing battles with opponents that have units 3 times stronger than mine and the loss equals -20.  I can understand maybe, maybe is not a challenge battle because the opponent is not great, but give me some more credit for dealing with such army.

Also, sometimes I do get a challenge battle note, and when I win, I only receive +20  - - - what the hell is this?

On the other hand, I've also matched with opponents with a slight better army than mine - no challenge battle though - and when I lose, I get - 23 points. This is ridiculous. Don't come and try to explain to me, "well matchmaking is all based on medals, and win rate, and blah blah.... " I don't give a crap - IT'S BROKEN.

I've included a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

And one last note, in what world is a Razorback lvl 11, flying unit mainly against ground troops, is capable of destroying lvl 10 attack bikes on a 1v1, when attack bikes' main attack is air !

Seriously.

Message 1 of 5 (1,621 Views)

@juantastik Who do you want to get matched against?
Message 2 of 5 (1,582 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Being matched against somebody that maybe within two levels instead of three and four levels higher than you would be start. This has been a problem since day one and they won't fix it because of one thing, money.

Message 3 of 5 (1,457 Views)

Then pay or wait. One of the two. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,427 Views)

★★ Novice

Couldn’t agree more. The system is broken when 4 matches out of 10 much higher ranked opponents in challenge matches absolutely crush me and quit the match at the very end so I get the victory. The system is broken when people are choosing to lose.  Period.  

Your algorithms for matchmaking need to be adjusted a bit. Find the sweet spot instead of being so out of balance people would rather lose half their matches than level up. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,382 Views)