Re: Matchmaking connecting to server with high ping

by N4v1s

Original Post

Matchmaking connecting to server with high ping

★★ Pro

Lately matchmaking it connecting me to servers, where I have a +200 ping playing on them. I don´t really know, if this is a bug or just due to lack of online players. Furthermore, I don´t feels like that server is on the other side of the planet, but rather performing really bad, because most of the players on these servers have a really high ping.

No matter if this is a bug or not, can we not get a setting in the gameplay menu, where we can manually cap the ping we want to play with? I would rather wait for a couple minutes, to connect to a decent server, than connecting to a bad server not realizing it for the first couple minutes and getting frustrated.

Message 1 of 5 (582 Views)

Hello @N4v1s

Go to Server Browser filter and set region where you have low ping. You can there chose from many servers available in your region with low ping. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 5 (566 Views)

★★ Pro
@WindowsManTv_CZE In BF1 I only used the server browser, because matchmaking didn´t really work back then. You would just end up in empty servers half of the time. In BFV on the other hand matchmaking is working quiet well. At least it did for me until like one week ago. Now I regulary get in these high ping servers.
I would really like to keep using the matchmaking option, as it is just more convenient. So why not adding a ping cap for matchmaking, or at least having an option to not put you in anything else than the region locked servers?
Message 3 of 5 (557 Views)

@N4v1s It's probably just not worth the time/effort fiddling with that sort of coding when the players can just use the server browser.

I understand it can be a bit of an annoyance, but at least with the sever browser you can also choose specific maps. We'll be getting a free RSP after the Summer anyway so you'll probably be finding yourself using the browser more and more anyway

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 5 (529 Views)

★★ Pro
@TTZ_Dipsy I didn´t even think about RSP, but you are right. As soon as that is going live, I will have to go back to using the server browser again. I can´t wait adding favourite servers again and returning to them day after day. :D
Message 5 of 5 (491 Views)