Matchmaking Changes

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: Matchmaking Changes

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_Atic

To be honest I kinda liked the matchmaking as it was in regards to staying in the same groups round after round, and being forced to change seems counter-productive to continued fun. If you don't like a particular lobby then just quit out of it!

I really enjoy(ed) it when you get/got a player of similar skill on the opposing team and the two of you can have an individual battle across multiple rounds. This takes that away and therefore decreases the fun value for me personally.

And the lobbies appear to be much smaller now... it is taking longer to fill them which for GA and SA was never really an issue before.

Hero Showdown and HvV on the other hand have always been a nightmare to fill, and unfortunately this has not changed. 

Message 11 of 17 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

What is also noticeable is how the game still does not favour inadequately filled servers. I was waiting for 6 minutes just now in HvV with the "players needed" notification, and nobody connected.

I quit, started another search, and under 2 minutes (loading time included) I got a new server, that filled up in seconds... So it's not like there are no players.

Message 12 of 17 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From what I've played, the matchmaking button seems to switch you to another game and leave everyone else there. However, once switched, the game did seem to be better balanced with the score I got the previous match. System may need some altering to make the existing matches more balanced. 

Message 13 of 17 (732 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree with people who have so far said matchmaking should only be manual and not automatic. In HvV, if I'm being creamed sure, I'll go look for a new lobby and click the matchmaking button. But if I like the group I'm in, I hate the possibility of being forced to leave it. And it adds to the wait time if we want/are able to remain in the same lobby. 

Message 14 of 17 (723 Views)

Hero

I was just in multiple GA games and matching was a nightmare - as if logic said "put all the experienced people on one team and all the inexperienced on the other".  It's as if the matching got worse.  However, could just be coincidence...

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 15 of 17 (696 Views)

Hero

Turn this * off now!  Stop moving me from a perfectly good game to a lobby with only 2 totally new people.

You really have to stop putting garbage like this in.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 16 of 17 (648 Views)

Hero

Pass this logic on to dev team...

If matchmake.button(press) == yes,

newmatch(switch)

else

LeaveItTheFAlone!

Message 17 of 17 (643 Views)