Matchmaking Changes

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Matchmaking Changes

EA DICE Team

We have some changes that we would like to make to the end of round matchmaking and the latest update has meant we’re now in a position to roll these out.

While we have tested these changes, there is no substitution for a live environment. As a result, we would like to run a trial of the changes on our live servers.

Once we are happy with how things are working, the goal is to then make the change a permanent one. You will notice the matchmaking changes at the end of the round, there will also be a button you can press to manually force the matchmaking to occur.

Our end goal for these changes is to improve team balance.

We're expecting these changes to hit the live servers within the next few days and at first it will be a time limited test run. Your feedback during this time, as always, is appreciated.

Source: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/112887/matchmaking-changes/p1

Message 1 of 17 (1,389 Views)

Re: Matchmaking Changes

Champion

@EA_Atic

Excuse me! Today, I could not find a starfighter assault game. (I wanted to grind my new falcon Devil.)

How did you change the matchmaking? Or I was just unlucky?

Message 2 of 17 (1,368 Views)

Good news! IMO, the balancing can use some proper work (instead of doing nothing, as it is now).

Is there already some more news regarding that 'Button' at the end of match screen? What is it supposed to do?

Message 3 of 17 (1,346 Views)

★★★ Pro

Something feels off. I constantly get dropped into 10v10 Galactic Assault matches and such. Also it completely diverts me to other matches, instead of balancing the existing teams.

Message 4 of 17 (1,323 Views)

Champion

I have just saw a new matchmaking system. I was forced to enter the small room. Though that was not a good balance match, imo. Anyway I could grind my Falcon a little. I appreciate. Large smile

Message 5 of 17 (1,310 Views)

Hero

@felker_s wrote:

Something feels off. I constantly get dropped into 10v10 Galactic Assault matches and such. Also it completely diverts me to other matches, instead of balancing the existing teams.

As usual, good feedback @felker_s.  I've noticed the same.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 6 of 17 (1,283 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Playing Heroes Vs Villains this seems like a horrible idea. It's hard to get to know people or have fun when you are forced into new lobbies at the end of matches. It should be manual matchmaking only and not forced. Whereas you stay in the same lobby unless you choose to change. A lot of people in game don't like the new forced matchmaking, but manual would be ok

Message 7 of 17 (1,271 Views)

Hero

@undertakerhs wrote:

Playing Heroes Vs Villains this seems like a horrible idea. It's hard to get to know people or have fun when you are forced into new lobbies at the end of matches. It should be manual matchmaking only and not forced. Whereas you stay in the same lobby unless you choose to change. A lot of people in game don't like the new forced matchmaking, but manual would be ok

Agreed.

While we're at it...

How about EA/DICE provide chat in between matches, as suggested at game launch?  This game is more impersonal than SWBF1.  That hurts getting people invested in the game.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 8 of 17 (1,266 Views)

Well the system needs some work, that's for sure.

I have been placed in new servers (same mode) a few times now without pressing the button. These new servers mostly had only a few players, but would quickly fill up nevertheless.

It feels like a complete algorithmic system is in place. I don't understand why they don't randomize the teams after a map switch. Not place you against the same team, or placed in a new lobby, just randomize the teams.

After that, matchmaking should take the skill of the player in count. But randomising teams would be the best short time solution.

Message 9 of 17 (1,252 Views)

the typing can be a real pain @DarthFDG

The UI covers the text box, and not typing between the matches. Never have I seen so few "GG". We have a discussion about this over here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Feedback-to-in-game-communication-typing/m-p/6862615#M634...
Message 10 of 17 (1,249 Views)