Re: Masters Champions facing Tiberium

by BattaIia

Original Post

Masters Champions facing Tiberium

★ Apprentice

Hello, I just recently got to the Masters league before the latest Champions tournament arrived. Imagine my surprise to find multiple players at the level cap (player and unit) from the Tiberium League. My level 8s were getting absolutely smashed by their 11s... 

Aren't Champions leagues supposed to be limited to your league? I saw elsewhere on Reddit that this was because the lack of players to choose from when matchmaking?

Additionally, I'd this what I have to look forward to in late Masters and Tiberium? Matches that are literally unwinnable because these players were in beta or have literally $100s to spend? I mean, I'm more than happy to support a game, but even $20 - $50 gets you almost nothing at the higher levels... Is that's what is expected of of this game to be competitive?

Message 1 of 8 (401 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @dASHtardlyDeeds,

Due to population size at the higher leagues, all players from Master and Tiberium Leagues play in the same pool for Rivals Champions. Ideally, with a large enough player base in Tiberium League, Rivals Champions can include a Master League as well as a Tiberium League. Until then, players from multiple leagues may need to be pooled together to ensure that there is a high enough population to generate matches.

Message 2 of 8 (364 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Hi @dASHtardlyDeeds,

Due to population size at the higher leagues, all players from Master and Tiberium Leagues play in the same pool for Rivals Champions. Ideally, with a large enough player base in Tiberium League, Rivals Champions can include a Master League as well as a Tiberium League. Until then, players from multiple leagues may need to be pooled together to ensure that there is a high enough population to generate matches.

Thanks for the update Dance210. Any reason we can't lower the unit level cap and/or max player level and associated units o that the matches are fair?

Message 3 of 8 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
The level cap was lowered. Every league's champions plays to the league below it. So your masters games were capped at 11, but masters cap is 13. Diamond cap is 11, and diamonds champions cap is 10, and so on and so on. Right now you are ahead of the game with level 8's in a mostly level 10 league, so it will be rough for ya. But the good news is 10's is much closer for you than you think. Just keep playing your dailies.
Message 4 of 8 (338 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback Battalla,

Logged in yesterday with the reset and opened a ton of chests. Not enough cards or gold to upgrade anything to level 9 Frown
And now they've removed most of the rewards from the climb... so no way to get any meaningful rewards anymore.

Message 5 of 8 (335 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
They didn't remove the ladder rewards! In fact they did the opposite, they made them available to get again! So any league you reached before gives a lesser reward for hitting it again, but any league you havn't hit still has the big juicy crate waiting for you! And this is actually a much better thing for you. As you get more exp, the crates drop more cards! This keeps going to level 60. So now when you climb back up and snag that big one, it will drop more cards for you than if you grabbed it now. So it's really a win/win.

All that said, the most meaningful rewards are still your bounties and bounty crate as well as 10 wins a day. Those are your biggest breadwinners. Theres no need to rush to the top. I did it, and all it resulted in was +3 and +2 enemy levels every match. It was hell, and I never want to go through that again, haha. So take your time while you climb and enjoy the lower level caps =)
Message 6 of 8 (332 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BattaIia wrote:
They didn't remove the ladder rewards! In fact they did the opposite, they made them available to get again! 

Ahh, I didn't realize that wasn't available before as I've only been playing since late December. Unfortunately, there are only 4 chests I haven't earned in Masters 2/1, so not much to get from the climb now.

I think I'll take your advice and just do my dailies and quit. Seeing what +3 level differences can do really just make playing unfun.

Message 7 of 8 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Yea, take your time and let the try hards work their way out of your brackets and then enjoy a decent climb for a bit is my advice.
Message 8 of 8 (317 Views)