Re: Marry dont work for me

by SheriGR

Original Post

Marry dont work for me

★★ Newbie

My sims cant marry because 1 of them is "working for me" but the sim is not. I done everything allready but nothing is working

Message 1 of 2 (269 Views)

Re: Marry dont work for me

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dragonsney Do you have Mods or CC? If so some of these will interfere or cause a bugs in odd ways you don't anticipate, and you can try the items below. Even if you don't have Mods/CC you can try the 'game repair' and sim reset to see if this helps.

By 'working for me' do you mean they are self-employed/working from home? This should not effect their willingness to marry.

Things that can effect the willingness to marry are their relationship and romance levels (please refer to this guide for information on this: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/relationships/romance.php ) and similar factors. Some of the other factors that can effect their willingness to propose or marry are traits in one or both like 'unflirty', 'noncommittal'; 'romantic' or 'soul mate' (having high romance expectation levels). 

Other things that can increase your chances are special romantic situations like 'Love Day', a really romantic date, the Romance Festival, make sure both are feeling very flirty etc. Also, giving certain gifts that are romantic can help.

If the turn down is one-sided (one sim) and the relationship & romance are maxed, both are high in the green for all needs, and both are very flirty and the sim is still refusing, I would try going into the game through the hesitant sim and having them ask the other one.

If the above is not the issue, you can troubleshoot 'buggy' options by: 

Please let us know how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (253 Views)