Re: March Event Schedule

by EA_dance210

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This even is really bad. I mean you don't get anything till 60 come on really.  Again who ever thought that this is a great idea needs to be fired.  Even the whole department needs to be canned.  

Message 11 of 20 (749 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This Tournament Blitz is set up to be more competitive. Similar to most tournaments, the prizes are very top heavy, to reward those who progress and do the best. Other events will have different reward structures so don't worry, not all Blitzes will be following this format.

Message 12 of 20 (736 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, tournaments are totally different then the participation credit events.  This is a competitive event for people to prove they're the best.

Generally you don't even get what Redwood is offering... many are even more top heavy then this one.  Often just top 3 places.

If you don't like the concept of a tournament, or what it's meant for, please do skip.  If anyone should, or could, complain it'd be the P2W'ers who get no leg up in this sort of event.

Message 13 of 20 (718 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why do the fair/competitive events have terrible rewards? Shouldn't you guys be rewarding skill rather than making these events just something you do while doing your daily's?

Message 14 of 20 (708 Views)

Hi @dASHtardlyDeeds,

What rewards would you consider not terrible? Conversely, what is it you don't like about the current rewards for the Tournament Blitz?

Message 15 of 20 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I got 9 wins which is okay. The rewards we're 3100 gold and a couple cards... Compare to the credit blitz where that was my reward from 1 win... Even three more wins (12 total) would have only gotten me 6k more gold (the same as 3 wins in the last event and an 2 epic crates)

Maybe crossing that win threshold should give you something  meaningful rather than two bounties worth of gold. I would expect that 10 wins would be giving 30k+ gold (+ cards)... Even then that's only enough gold to get two units from 9 -> 10.

Other than that I loved the event. All of the championship and tournaments should have level caps like this one... It's amazing how much more fun it is to play when skill is the only limiting factor.

Message 16 of 20 (695 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You should also consider how much credits needed to reach the unit lvl cap in each league right now the credits rewards are barely more than nothing in master league. Finishing the event can’t even train my unit once.

Message 17 of 20 (579 Views)

★ Guide

Also in any competition, can I ask for a fair fight against my opponent? I don't like competing against higher players if they have the level advantage. I mean I prioritize the defense advantage and unit disadvantage in such a way that my unit gets to attack while another is used as a cannon fodder. I mean I attack an enemy tick tank with a laser squad at the same time as my own tick tank. I always have the laser squad go first, so that my tick tank doesn't take damage from his. I could even replace said missile squad with a militant. Its still works even though the militant complains about my strategy. If I don't have the right unit to claim an enemy pad, I send the wrong one to stall his pad. This wrong one is usually something that the enemy can't effectively counter. I mean I send a attack bike to distract a shockwave trooper if I have no anti-infantry for now. Though units with higher health and are not infantry fare better. Banshees anyone? You could steal a pad from a infantry that has no air attack.

Message 18 of 20 (570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

where is 

april Event Schedule

Message 19 of 20 (534 Views)

It'll be posted later today Standard smile

Message 20 of 20 (528 Views)