Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Manual passing and shooting

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Manual passing and shooting

★★★★ Novice

Hey Ea, 

As you know fifa 19 had a lot of issues that made a lot of people mad with your franchise.

I want to give you some advice that will bring control back to your consumers. Something they really hated in this year where assisted controls were so op and more often than not gave you the feeling you werent really playing yourself. 

As a disclaimer i want to add that i know and understand that you as a company have different type of consumers and that your game must be playable for all. But the way you have been focussing on the casuals is destroying the game for the more skilled players.

My point that i want to make is that crossing and shooting need to be more manual. I have had my crosses and lobpass settings set to manual this year and i love the control it gives me. It adds a skillgap and you feel like you are doing things yourself. People will blame your game less when you give control to the players! I have played with these settings all year and end elite 3 and gold 1 in WL. So its  perfectly possible to learn and improve these manual controls. I didnt didnt set shooting to semi-manual because i would be at too much of a disadvantage but i played in previous fifas with semi manual shooting and it was great. 

I believe a lot of issues with the game could be fixed instantly if you make more manual controls the default in competetive modes (WL, Rivals and Draft). For example the OP el tornado crosses would be less OP because you have to somewhat bring more effort into your crosses to place them where you want. With shooting and finishing there were a lot of complaints this year and a lot of rng and inconsistencies were present in this fifa as you know. Again i think more manual controls (semi-manual in this case cuz shooting is very hard to master full manual) would alleviate these issues. At the very least people would blame theirselves in stead of your game which is always a good thing cuz people would wanna improve then. When it feels like its out of their control people rage and get fed up with the game.

As a summary i think more manual controls are a good thing for the franchise and it would alleviate a lot of complaints that we loyal consumers have with this game. These manual controls should be implemented and  made default in your most competetive modes such as WL and Rivals and then your casual user base can enjoy assisted controls in offline modes and casual online modes. I think this would benefit all users the most. I hope you will think about this feedback ! 

Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager
@boubou112 Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
-EA_Cade

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (196 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager
@boubou112 Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
-EA_Cade
Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-20-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help