Mantis

by LordDerpfish

Original Post

Mantis

★★★ Newbie

Are we ever going to see a 2 range anti air nod unit like the mantis? 

Message 1 of 9 (498 Views)

Re: Mantis

★★★★★ Guide

978.jpg

I'd love to see ANY new 2 range unit for Nod. They have only 2 while GDI has 6.

Message 2 of 9 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

A scarab is considered a 2 range unit, if something triggers it and the unit tries to run away. I do this to have a scarab attack a harvester that's 2 tiles from the scarab. No unit can avoid the scarab if it gets too close.

Message 3 of 9 (452 Views)

★ Guide

A laser lock stinger Mantis. Could be cool. Still would be worse then the GDI counterpart because it can hover.

Message 4 of 9 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@incia wrote:

A laser lock stinger Mantis. Could be cool. Still would be worse then the GDI counterpart because it can hover.

Maybe the mantis could be a 2 tile anti-air with the capacity to hit up to 3 tiles if the enemy air unit tried to run away whilst the mantis is starting to lock on from 2 tiles away. Its lock on ability should be 2 tiles, but its missiles can travel 4 tiles if the lock on was successful.

Message 5 of 9 (416 Views)

★ Guide

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@incia wrote:

Maybe the mantis could be a 2 tile anti-air with the capacity to hit up to 3 tiles if the enemy air unit tried to run away whilst the mantis is starting to lock on from 2 tiles away. Its lock on ability should be 2 tiles, but its missiles can travel 4 tiles if the lock on was successful.

Haha, or give him same rockets as a bike (but air only), those boys can travel after the enemy units forever. Imagine a full barrage of rockets traveling after an enemy Orca who's trying to fly away.

Message 6 of 9 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@incia wrote:

Haha, or give him same rockets as a bike (but air only), those boys can travel after the enemy units forever. Imagine a full barrage of rockets traveling after an enemy Orca who's trying to fly away.

Why not both? Missiles with the ability to lock on with a laser. Seems weird right? There is this game that has characters that's are 1st person/3rd person shooter and is called Sonic Adventure 2, those characters has a lock on ability that tags the enemy and several seconds later, energy missiles are shot. The same thing can be applied to both attack bikes and mantis so their attacks will first lock on to the target as the missile is prepared, then the missile will chase after the target endlessly until it hits the target. Also Nod sam sites in the 3rd tiberium wars use a tiberium energy missile that would have locked on to their targets.

Message 7 of 9 (399 Views)

★ Guide
@LordDerpfish Just give me something that hardcounters gdi friggin drone swarms and I'll be a happy boy.
Message 8 of 9 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@KroozaNob wrote:
@LordDerpfishJust give me something that hardcounters gdi friggin drone swarms and I'll be a happy boy.

Couldn't stealth tanks work if they had 5 missiles with a weaker firepower? Drone swarms easily die to anything that attacks them. The exception are rhinos, buggies, wolverines, widow makers and strong-arm turret. Their attacks are not missile base and are machine-gun based. Some units have a slower RoF however, like hammerheads and phantoms. Could you save a grenadier from a drone swarm with a hammerhead? The grenadier would be a pile of shredded meat by then.

Message 9 of 9 (381 Views)