Make your voices heard - NHL19 survey feedback (Beta Tuner) *CLOSED*

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Make your voices heard - NHL19 survey feedback (Beta Tuner) *CLOSED*

[ Edited ]

** Beta rollback has ended and the surveys are now CLOSED, thank you **

As per https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/238655/beta-tuner-details-feedback-thread/p1

BETA TUNER DETAILS

• WHEN: Friday, January 18th at 02:00 AM PT until Friday, January 25th at 02:00 AM PT*
  • WHERE: All Online Modes (Offline users can switch back to it through settings; explained below)
  • WHAT TUNER WILL THIS BE: Tuner 1.00 from the NHL 19 Beta that was released on August 2nd *** THIS IS BETA TUNER WITH ALL CURRENT PATCHES (so technically not the exact build we got before release) ***

Once the tuner is live, a Gameplay Tuner update will be downloaded that will revert the tuner update changes for online modes.

HOW TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK
On Friday, January 18th at 2 PM PT, we will be releasing the Beta Tuner Feedback Survey. You will be able to find a link to it in-game, on twitter (https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL), and in this thread when it goes live. The survey will be available until Thursday, January 24th at 02:00 PM PT.

As a reminder, you are only able to complete the survey once. Please be sure you've played an adequate number of games until you submit your feedback, as you will not be able to resubmit or change your answers after you have submitted it.

Additionally, in the Beta Tuner survey, we will also be providing an additional field to leave any additional comments regarding the Beta Tuner. You can also leave your feedback in this thread, or on social media by tweeting at @TheFlopFish or the EA SPORTS NHL account (@EASPORTSNHL).

LINK TO FEEDBACK SURVEY: ---------------------------

FAQ

Q: What will have changed with the tuner rollback for online modes?
A: All changes in the NHL 19 Tuner Notes Master List will be reverted in all online modes.

Q: How can I rollback to the Beta Tuner for Offline Modes?
A: For offline modes, you can rollback to the Beta tuner by doing the following steps:

1. From the home menu, scroll down to All Modes
  2. Go to "Settings"
  3. Go to "Gameplay Sliders"
  4. Under General, go to "Gameplay Version" and switch it to v1.00

NOTE: Offline users will revert back to the September 1st Tuner update.

Q: Why do offline users have to manually change it?
A: We wanted to provide the ability to allow offline users to continue using their preferred tuner in offline modes. This also provides with the opportunity to change back and play on the current tuner in offline modes to compare and contrast if you desire.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: Find out why here https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/237011/an-update-on-gameplay-feedback-action-plan/

Q: What will happen after the Beta Tuner rollback is over?
A: Once the Beta Tuner rollback is over, the gameplay tuner will revert to the same one before the rollback (v1.3)

Q: When will you act on the feedback?
A: After the Beta tuner is over, we will be utilizing the feedback we received from the original Beta survey, the current gameplay survey, and the Beta Tuner Rollback survey. From there, we will utilize your feedback to help guide the next NHL 19 tuner update.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 1 of 8 (1,770 Views)

Re: Make your voices heard - NHL19 survey feedback

★ Novice

I took the survey - was disappointed there was no where to leave any comments.  I have been playing NHL and bought every version from console to PC since NHL94 Sega Genesis.  Overall nhl19 is a great title but it would be nice to have somewhere to send constructive comments to developers for consideration.  Here are some thoughts to improve the title.....

Add more custom logos and jerseys and maybe more customization -- many titles add content after release..would be nice to EA kept expanding logos to further customize clubs. 

Why not allow upload of custom logos?

Any way to get NCAA uniforms and logos in game? KHL?

Bring back online team practice for clubs (6s and 3s) so clubs can work on teamplay.  I have read hl19 is pushing toward esports, this would help.

Add more custom rinks ponds (along with accessories) that clubs can unlock and play on ..the more the better.

Work on removing some glitch exploits (some scoring, etc) to get teams to play more team hockey instead of trying to get to glitch area to score

Investigate if there is a better way to penalize poke check trip penalty than a penalty shot every time in 3v3s - pokes seem to get penalty to often, i realize people spam poke...

Message 2 of 8 (1,665 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jeez the sass I got from NHLDev when I mentioned the same thing rubbed me the wrong way but basically they just want a quick snapshot to compare their eventual beta tuner survey with. They'll sift through each survey report as well as all written feedback and then tweak the tuners accordingly. 

Feel free to post all the feedback you have on the sister site; there are a lot of users who enjoy a good discussion.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/categories/nhl-series

Message 3 of 8 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

In all honesty I'm sorry you see it that way @TTZ_Dipsy. I'm sure that wasn't Ben's intention, the question was brought up a few times and needed to be adressed. You've been on the EA Forums for years & I'm sure you know this.

NHL dev has been on the forum for over 3 years and discusses the game over there on nearly daily basis, despite this not being in his job specs at all. He has one of the highest post count on the NHL forum and logs in & reads more than anyone over there. The forum is a free form which allows for more discussion that a comment section could ever give. It allows the dev to ask for more details or even videos of what you mean exactly. People play with different levels, play different game modes, play with different levels of knowledge of the sport itself & have different in-game mechanics. It's hard to convey all of that in comments, it's easier for our devs to get an understanding through a conversation. 

At any rate @Tindrizzle, I encourage you to check out this conversation about the state of gameplay & provided feedback:

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/238328/beta-tuner-rollback-update-current-gameplay-feedback-...

Roger.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,621 Views)

I'll admit I got a bit of a chuckle out of it but it wasn't the time for that. I understand - he writes some of the most informative posts on the forums but it's clear there is just a disconnect between the devs and players over how to balance playing the game vs playing hockey.

I just feel the survey would have benefited from some short and sweet follow-ups to answers, nothing major. Anonymous makes the most sense but this could open you up to a ton of bot surveys and ip switchers flooding false data; having the optional ability to add a gamertag/PSN would go a long way in my mind and DICE always did this with their surveys and DF nominations and this will also help corroborate CR numbers for people.

I'm 640CR with 30 wins and 6 losses in VS and get my butt handed to me by my 490CR 0 wins 3 losses friend because of our playstyles. He plays the game and I play hockey - There is a huge fundamental gap between us that sits on both ends of this survey's spectrum and all you'll see is either hating or loving something with no reasons as to why.

Message 5 of 8 (1,587 Views)

Re: Make your voices heard - NHL19 survey feedback (Beta Tuner)

★★★ Newbie

Please fire entire NHL HUT team but not chel team. This year in HUT is almost criminal but CHEL is amazing... seems like it’s obvious which group worked harder this year guys. Please don’t Keep resorting to those Reddit devs that tie their jobs via Redditors comments and our hundreds of hard gaming hours and make their questionnaires considered a success. They * the bed this year let’s call it what it is. I’m not buying your product(s) ever again unless an example is made. Maybe let the Chel guys run the show as they know how hockey clearly is played

Message 6 of 8 (1,438 Views)

★ Novice

I agree they play the game while we play hockey... They have one move and one play and all your hard work boom because they know dip should in slot and score.   We need the ability to have a league where we can play real hockey,.  A Sever that is not run by EA like in RFactor 2 you can race on your own severs without the interference of EA  wouldn't that be great.  Reidit Captain of the Golden Griffins CHEL

Message 7 of 8 (1,269 Views)

Re: Make your voices heard - NHL19 survey feedback (Beta Tuner)

★ Novice

Get rid of the HUD and make CHEL the format.. Instead of all these different formats mostly the same thing without any ability to play online, or even practice with you CHEL Teammates don't get me started... But I agree CHEL is the wave of the future and if they were to focus on one thing and like a team that wins the Stanley Cup an ability to work together for with our input and not some pat each other on the back survey.  All the players from the past and no way to play with them in any mode worth playing,  Someone should be fired but they wont be because just like forever EA is just a smoke an mirrors pony show.  Release the same game with a new cover and a confusing tease to make you spend you money over and over again...  If you own CHEL just let us pay a fee each year or month for the CHEL.  They would make more money than they ever have.   Mostly its the big bosses who screw up these titles because change is bad.  

Message 8 of 8 (1,267 Views)