Make sims leave room

by girlie1977

Original Post

Make sims leave room

★★★★ Novice

How do you make characters leave the room such as when you need “privacy” in the bathroom? It is VERY frustrating having to wait or close out and relaunch the game just to find them still there anyway. Also, how do you make “guests” leave your home? If I so much as give them a sticker, they linger in my home completely uninvited. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (923 Views)

Re: Make sims leave room

Sims are somehow gravitating to the bathroom, you can find a bug report over here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Sims-hang-out-in-the-bathroom/td-p/7033540

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@girlie1977 wrote:

How do you make characters leave the room such as when you need “privacy” in the bathroom? It is VERY frustrating having to wait or close out and relaunch the game just to find them still there anyway. Also, how do you make “guests” leave your home? If I so much as give them a sticker, they linger in my home completely uninvited. Thanks.

When I need sims out of the bathroom I usually tap the couch with a Sim that’s either not in an event, or at least in one away from the house. That brings up the “Chat with...” option. As long as your Sim has been introduced to the bathroom dweller, they’ll pop up on the list and you can choose to chat with them - pulling them out of the bathroom and over to the couch. 

When you have multiple in the bathroom, this is tedious. I pull an extra toilet/shower out of Storage - or moved the one I had out of the bathroom when I didn’t have extra - and move it to a room where there isn’t anyone else. Sometimes they still sneak in before you get a chance to shower, but I can usually do it quickly enough that it’s not an issue. 

The most common way to get loiterers out of your house is to first do an intro, then head over to Parkside or another location in game. Find the offender in contacts, and have your sim call them over. If it just gives you the option to “Go Home” instead of call over, try a flirty intro and a quick first date at the cafe. After the date, don’t choose a story, just tap “Choose Later” and leave them at the cafe. Sometimes they come back, but it’s worth it when they don’t. 

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4 (874 Views)

They usally come out for me when doing the internet icon events and clicking the yoga mat, oven or writers desk. It just pulls a random sim off the street. It's annyoing.
Message 4 of 4 (804 Views)